• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So now Goh has all three of the Galar starters. Something tells me a bunch of longtime fans are gonna be complaining for the next few weeks that Ash doesn't have one.
And then celebrate a long while later due to him owning another "significant one" and then say "glad he didn't get a starter".

charinija

Pokemon Master
Ash doesn't need a starter.

It's okay for Grookey to get Goh.

But if they go and give Kubfu to Goh then that would be a huge problem.

Ash needs the legendary poker. Not the starter pokemon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash doesn't need a starter.

It's okay for Grookey to get Goh.

But if they go and give Kubfu to Goh then that would be a huge problem.

Ash needs the legendary poker. Not the starter pokemon.
Honestly I somewhat agree
Kubfu by nature is a pokemon that wants to get stronger by battling, thats his WHOLE gig, and an entire arc around helping it fight
So giving such a mon to Ash instead of Goh would be so dumb and the writers playing favourites
I wont mind if both of them get Kubfu though, but Ash should seriously get one

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
They've always been punchbags though? I don't particularly hate them but if they're the good guys then just quit working for Giovanni already
They had lots of episodes in past series that showed their humane side, like the one in XY when we saw Jessie other desires like finding love, or like the one seeing James about to release Inkay to make his life better, etc

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This isn't gonna be a 5 year gen lmao, stop with that bs there's nothing to indicate that. Everything logical points to 4 year, with the only curveball being it may release next year in November considering legends is early next year
They simply can't put out Gen 9 in 2023 because of Legends Arceus and possible DLC for it. If any main series game is coming out that year it will be a Let's Go game, likely set in Johto. If they want to get Gen 9 out then they would have to outsource it.

nickdt

They simply can't put out Gen 9 in 2023 because of Legends Arceus and possible DLC for it. If any main series game is coming out that year it will be a Let's Go game, likely set in Johto. If they want to get Gen 9 out then they would have to outsource it.

They literally don't. Gamefreak can work on 2 Main series games at the same time, else there is no way they release four games back-to-back (SM/USUM/Lets Go and SWSH) without a gap year.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They literally don't. Gamefreak can work on 2 Main series games at the same time, else there is no way they release four games back-to-back (SM/USUM/Lets Go and SWSH) without a gap year.
Except they're now on a home console and development is much harder.

nickdt

Except they're now on a home console and development is much harder.

I doubt development is that much harder though.

Gamefreak still needs something for late 2022 as well, which is highly likely a main series game (Either gen 9 or Lets Go), else the early 2022 for Legends makes no sense.

I don't think we get DLC for Legends Arceus, since Gamefreak won't know how well it does. Imagine it flops and they are developing DLC for it. Thats basically a waste of resources, time and money then.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I doubt development is that much harder though.

Gamefreak still needs something for late 2022 as well, which is highly likely a main series game (Either gen 9 or Lets Go), else the early 2022 for Legends makes no sense.

I don't think we get DLC for Legends Arceus, since Gamefreak won't know how well it does. Imagine it flops and they are developing DLC for it. Thats basically a waste of resources, time and money then.
I expect DLC for Legends Arceus, because it probably won't flop.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm with those who said Ash's next catch might be Kubfu. It's the most logical for him to get it.

Won't get mad if he doesn't though

Hey @Spider-Phoenix I guess you can now rest easier on the fact that Chespin is no longer the only Grass Starter that Ash never caught?

I'm delighted.

aight which one of you two is making it so Ash doesn't get the good grass starters. That chespin stuff still hurts me

SOUL BROTHER!

It still hurts me to this day. They've done poor Chespin dirty. At least Grookey went to a co-protagonist. What Chespin passed through was far worse.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm with those who said Ash's next catch might be Kubfu. It's the most logical for him to get it.

Won't get mad if he doesn't though

I'm delighted.

SOUL BROTHER!

It still hurts me to this day. They've done poor Chespin dirty. At least Grookey went to a co-protagonist. What Chespin passed through was far worse.
Gou is the only protagonist.

Ibrahim Saidu

Finally, the writers remembered that there was a person named Ash Ketchum.

A chapter focused on Ash Ketchum will come.

Ash-focused episodes are coming every 2-3 months anyway.

After March 19th, the episode that is worth watching may not come until June.
Did they remember Ash when the writers gave Grookey to Goh instead of him? They better give Ash a past gen starter Pokemon that will make this up

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Chespin or go home.

It's clear that Ash is being degraded to the status of a companion, especially considering that for the first time ever he is going without a starter of the current gen.

"Clear" as in your opinion, right?

People had said this countless times: Ash has over 1000 episodes.

Not 10. Not 100. But 1000. As in "one thousand".

So of course in a series where we get a co-protagonist, someone meant to be equal to Ash, they'd have to balance things in a way we get to know the new character better, right?

I mean, if Goh didn't got consistent spotlight, do you know what would be happening right now?

People would be complaining here that Goh isn't that focused. That they billed dual protagonists and all they care about is Ash and all that internet rage.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Chespin or go home.

So of course in a series where we get a co-protagonist, someone meant to be equal to Ash, they'd have to balance things in a way we get to know the new character better, right?

I mean, if Goh didn't got consistent spotlight, do you know what would be happening right now?

People would be complaining here that Goh isn't that focused. That they billed dual protagonists and all they care about is Ash and all that internet rage.
Thank you.

I mean let’s be real, Go is temporary. He doesn’t have a Pikachu (since his evolved) or even an Eevee. His mascot is a Cinderace. A Gen 8 starter. He will only be here until Gen 9, then ash will find a new companion for people to complain about. Honestly, there’s more reason to worry about Chloe taking the reigns then Go (though she won’t either)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
"Simply cant"
WHY
They have multiple times worked on two series at once, if legends of arceus releases early 2022 its so obvious a new gen can release the next year. Heck it can release in 2022 itself if they wanted. Stop putting out bs

desdar300

Chespin or go home.

Yeah but emphasis on the word "dual" protagonist.
In the past 60 something episodes the Pokemon world coronation Series has basically been in the back burner and most of his fully of all team hardly do much.
Even to the point that Lucario hasn't popped up in a good minute.
This is all made worse by the fact that the staff seemingly didn't know that they had more time on their hands thanks to Legends of Arceus meaning most of their decisions were absolutely for nothing in regards to rushing stuff.
This is a mess in the making

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Yeah but emphasis on the word "dual" protagonist.
In the past 60 something episodes the Pokemon world coronation Series has basically been in the back burner and most of his fully of all team hardly do much.
Even to the point that Lucario hasn't popped up in a good minute.
This is all made worse by the fact that the staff seemingly didn't know that they had more time on their hands thanks to Legends of Arceus meaning most of their decisions were absolutely for nothing in regards to rushing stuff.
This is a mess in the making
The poor communication has been a thing for a longtime as a certain someone here has basically said weeks prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.