• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Why would he leave? I think that his dream allows him to stay permanently in the series without any problems
Are we saying that becoming a Water/Dragon Pokemon master or a top class connoisseur weren't vague enough dreams to carry over to other seasons? They'll more than likely come up with a reason for Goh to leave, just as they have done with all previous characters..

The only way I can see them keeping him on is if Pokemon Go stays relevant enough, which I can't actually see happening with the way the app is handled..

Red and Blue

If they keep the "all regions" gimmick for Gen 9 there really is no need to retire Go.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Last edited:

nickdt

Potentially but that’d be so anticlimactic to have 6/8 be shrouded just for them to be all champions. Could definitely see Steven and/or Cynthia as one of them though

Yeah, then what was the point? It would also be 7/8, since technically, Lance is both the Kanto and Johto champion. Only Ash is missing in the anime.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Yeah, then what was the point? It would also be 7/8, since technically, Lance is both the Kanto and Johto champion. Only Ash is missing in the anime.
Damn I forgot Lance was one of them. Thanks for pointing that out. I meant 6/8 as in the 6 who we don’t know of yet but I didn’t think of Lance so it’d be 5/8 that we don’t the identity of.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If all those champions are in the top 8 then I highly doubt Ash will get far.
lol if Iris was a part of the top 8 though, not that it would happen.

BobbbidyBob

Wouldn’t it be awesome if the pokemon world already had a Pokémon master of some sorts, maybe hiding somewhere? Like Ash’s final secret opponent or something

BobbbidyBob

I do believe they’ve said (at least some) are annual. However, winning a league doesn’t make you that region’s champion (except for in alola’s case, which I’ll get to). So for example, Alain is not the Kalos region champion. He won the league which makes him eligible to compete against the Elite Four, and if he makes it past all four, he challenges the champion, Diantha. If he then beats diantha, he is now the champion.

As for Alola, they have no elite four in the anime, and no regional champion, so the Alolan league would make Ash their champion.

feel free to correct me if I’m wrong guys.
Thanks dude!

Master Pikachu 11

Have a feeling it won't happen until masters 8.
He will take on some elite 4 members in the hyper class, I expect most of the other members of the Masters of 8 to be other champions.
all this talk about the battle with Leon, it could very well be his choice to have a full 6 battle with Ash.

I would rather Ash fall short of beating Leon than see something like this go down, because that to me would feel like a tobias situation but even worse since Ash is going even further than he usually does.

if Ash does beat Leon, i would rather he just go into gen 9 defending his title given the structure of the PWC he could keep doing it into future gens, and become a mentor to a new lead who does the gen 9 region's gyms and ends the region by having a battle with Ash.
He isn’t going to battle Leon until towards the end of the series, there is no reason for them to rush to battle Leon yet. Besides the third OP is somewhat similar to SM’s third OP when it had the Alola league with Kukui looking at the Stadium, which was the final plot point of SM so just because the battle vs Leon and Ash was teased in this OP, it doesn’t mean that it is going to happen soon as many times they don’t have to keep changing the OP all the time

Morax

King of heroes
And Goh won't be gone when Journeys is over? What kind of logic is that?
Of course he’ll be gone too. That’s my point, his status as a co-protagonist or whatever literally doesn't matter. The only main characters are ash and team rocket, everybody else is expendable.

You're basically saying OS, AG, DP, BW, XY and SM did not matter either which is ridiculous
Yes they don't matter anymore. Even if dawn returns tomorrow it'll be as a supporting character. You need to look at the big picture, she's not a co-protagonist anymore and never will be.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Of course he’ll be gone too. That’s my point, his status as a co-protagonist or whatever literally doesn't matter. The only main characters are ash and team rocket, everybody else is expendable.

Yes they don't matter anymore. Even if dawn returns tomorrow it'll be as a supporting character. You need to look at the big picture, she's not a co-protagonist anymore and never will be.
And I never said she is returning as co-star nor she's still a co protagonist lol. It came out of your own mouth lol. I know everyone will be gone except Ash, Pikachu and TR hence my question at Goh leaving one day. If they don't matter to you, it's your opinion, fair I respect that but that's 100% subjective.

The only fact I stated is that Dawn was a co-protagonist in DP and that's all. You made up the rest of the stuff.

Morax

King of heroes
The only fact I stated is that Dawn was a co-protagonist in DP and that's all. You made up the rest of the stuff
If a character is here to stay for a few episodes, can you really call them a co-protagonist? A CP is as important as the protagonist himself which means he/she must have the power to stay beyond their own generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.