• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
If a character is here to stay for a few episodes, can you really call them a co-protagonist? A CP is as important as the protagonist himself which means he/she must have the power to stay beyond their own generation.
The show is subdivided into multiple series. Each series is a different story so yes. It's possible to have a co-protagonist as they are different stories. You may even have a random, supporting or secondary character become a protagonist, co-protagonist as you may have the main protagonist become a Big Bad or co-protagonist in the same story. This has happened dozen of times in fiction. That's why terms like Decoy Protagonist, Co-Protagonist, Hidden Protagonist or Villain Protagonist exist in it.

ShadowForce720

I don't think Ash is going to catch anything right now. Not until Dracovish gets some screentime and development.
He caught Dracovish before we got into the Galarian Farfetch’d arc, so him catching another Pokémon relatively soon regardless of if Dracovish has gotten to shine yet isn’t that Farfetch’d.

Morax

King of heroes
The show is subdivided into multiple series. Each series is a different story so yes. It's possible to have a co-protagonist as they are different stories. You may even have a random, supporting or secondary character become a protagonist, co-protagonist as you may have the main protagonist become a Big Bad or co-protagonist in the same story. This has happened dozen of times in fiction. That's why terms like Decoy Protagonist, Co-Protagonist, Hidden Protagonist or Villain Protagonist exist in it.
But speaking of the pokemon anime in its entirety, Ash is the only person who's relevant from start to end. Everybody else is just temporary. Can you really call someone a co-protagonist in this format?

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
But speaking of the pokemon anime in its entirety, Ash is the only person who's relevant from start to end. Everybody else is just temporary. Can you really call someone a co-protagonist in this format?
You are right in a certain way.
But yes I can.

Decidueye23

He needs some pokemon in the non evolved stage. I thibk we might be looking at a 4 year series here and i dont want him to go another 140 episodes without any team change. I really do hope he gets few more galar mons. Rookidee toxel and impidimp would be awesome but eh i ve lost hopes at this point.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Grookey is caught and Sobble evolves not long after. Hm....
Yeah, I'm convinced Grookey's remaining as is unless the upcoming games introduce something that can fulfill the walking mon role, seems like every character is obligated to have one nowadays.
I also think that if he's getting the Rookiedee line then he's going to directly catch Corviknight.
He should, the bird evolutions are boring as hell as it's literally just the same thing all the time! Ash enters his Bird in a flying competition, cue evolution. Battling a bird, cue evolution!

Plus with how rushed evolutions are in general this series, he's just better off capturing things in the final form. I'm willing to make exceptions for Kubfu and Piplup since they're more prominent Pokemon but even if it's a Galar Pokemon I'd like for them to just skip to the end rather than have it hog the spotlight for 10-15 episodes until it inevitably evolves and the cycle repeats with the next guy while Gengar, Lucario, Dracovish, and Sirfetch hardly appear at all

DuskAstral

Of course he’ll be gone too.
If he were to leave, the makers would have to come up with a good reason. However, I personally think that Goh will stay longer, as the game he promotes (Pokémon Go) is not losing popularity

dman_dustin

Grookey is caught and Sobble evolves not long after. Hm....
Yeah, I'm convinced Grookey's remaining as is unless the upcoming games introduce something that can fulfill the walking mon role, seems like every character is obligated to have one nowadays.

He should, the bird evolutions are boring as hell as it's literally just the same thing all the time! Ash enters his Bird in a flying competition, cue evolution. Battling a bird, cue evolution!

Plus with how rushed evolutions are in general this series, he's just better off capturing things in the final form. I'm willing to make exceptions for Kubfu and Piplup since they're more prominent Pokemon but even if it's a Galar Pokemon I'd like for them to just skip to the end rather than have it hog the spotlight for 10-15 episodes until it inevitably evolves and the cycle repeats with the next guy while Gengar, Lucario, Dracovish, and Sirfetch hardly appear at all

Except I'd rather Ash's Pokemon get to develop (aka evolve) rather than just Ash use Pikachu for the umpteenth time until they decide to have a PWC that involves his other Pokemon.

I mean at least Farfetch'd got its time to shine, unlike Riolu, but what's going to happen when it evolves? Probably what happened to Lucario. And at best maybe we'll get a Dracovish episode PWC match like Gengar or more like Dragonite (in terms of capture to when it gets to battle), and then what? Back to just Pikachu for 20 episodes.

Or do you really have faith in the writers they'll actually use something other than Pikachu? And I'm not counting Iris, where Ash will likely use Dragonite and Dracovish, and Gary where maybe he uses something other than Pikachu though Pikachu still hasn't beaten any of Gary's Pokemon so.......I don't know. I don't trust the writers to actually do something with Ash's evolved Pokemon just because everything is evolved.

Same with Ash actually catching fully evolved mons, they're just going to gather dust in the background, at least if its unevolved, it will at least get SOME focus and evolve and THEN eventually gather dust as a fully evolved Pokemon.

In other words I'd rather see Ash develop a Pokemon than use Pikachu except for some super rare PWC match where he WILL use one of his other Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.