• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

If he were to leave, the makers would have to come up with a good reason. However, I personally think that Goh will stay longer, as the game he promotes (Pokémon Go) is not losing popularity
Funny enough Pokemon go never really took off in Japan the way it did in the West.
The Pokemon games have been selling higher numbers since it hit.
IX- Pokemon X and Y but stuck at 13 million for a long time but Pokemon go coming out in 2016 pushed it over the edge to around 16m

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It seems that you are right
Huh? Oh Shi-!!!!

I'm not sure if anyone's been paying attention but I've noticed that there's a Pattern all of the Unevolved Pokémon on the main cast seem to be going in.

The Unevolved Pokémon are getting Focus in the Pattern that they were caught in it seems?

First it was Scorbunny, then it was Riolu, now G. Farfetch'd.

Perhaps next is Arc will have more focus on Sobble?
And after that maybe focus on Eevee?
And after that maybe focus on Grookey?

Maybe I'm just looking too much into it?

I can't believe I was actually right! XD

Welp I guess Chloe and Eevee are next up after Drizzile

ChampioN One

The chosen One!

Decidueye23

Huh? Oh Shi-!!!!

I can't believe I was actually right! XD

Welp I guess Chloe and Eevee are next up after Drizzile
I dont know if it evolve though. Possible G-Max focus? Or if the DP remakes bother to introduce another eeveelution then?

Just out of curiosity, if eevee evolves then which eevelution do you think it will evolve into?

IkeBayern

Whatever happens moving forward, in the long term Goh will eventually be replaced by some new character (s) that will join Ash on his journey.

At the end of the day, no matter how popular Goh may become (doesn’t look like it atm lol) Ash & Pikachu are the main characters of this show and they’re the ones that make Pokémon the big bucks.. So if you replace them, you lose a lot

But at the same time you also have to remember Goh can stick around for multiple series and regions like Brock did and keep traveling with Ash until it’s time for Goh to go!

Or Journeys may be one big running plot that will keep including new regions as more games come out and will not end until it runs its course so Ash and Go retire together.

Last edited:

charinija

Pokemon Master
Probably all the starter pokemons of Goh will evolve.

Sobble was already going to evolve. His admiration for Intellion is the same story as Riolu admiring Korinna for mega Lucario.

Grookey will also evolve in my opinion.

Probably in the next 4-5 episodes Ash will receive a pokemon that will evolve. Because Ash has no pokemon to evolve.

And I think Ash can get a 2-step evolving pokemon like Rookidee, Dreepy or Piplup.

Ash does not have a pokemon that can evolve 2 times this time. He has Dragonite. But it has already caught it in full evolution.

IkeBayern

I do feel that eventually Ash will get his own focus episodes once they get rid of all this Goh mumbo jumbo with Sobble, since Goh is their shiny “new toy” atm he’s been getting a lotta attention and focus cuz they need to hash his character out more.

This is probably unrelated but I remember in the SM series how Ash was pretty lackluster for a lot of it but towards the end he managed to get a lot done even if the series had its flaws.

So this is what I think will happen for Ash plot wise in the near future

Dragonite and Dracovish will get some focus training once Ash meets Raihan and probably loses to him to improve as dragons.

Lucario and Sirfetch’d get a rematch with Bea and win

Iris and Gary return and become minor rivals for Ash in the PWCs the same way Korrina is atm

Ash gets a few galar Pokémon and they head to the IoA and/or Crown Tundra. More galar characters are hashed out and we learn about Leon and his status in the region, maybe we see Hop and he becomes Ash’s rival as well.

Ash travels to Sinnoh to enter a battle festival and reunites with Barry who becomes another minor rival for the PWC, I’d love to see Paul too but that won’t happen in the short term.

As for the long term imo

* Ash will defend his alola title at manalo stadium

* Ash will reunite with Greninja and Alain will enter the PWC

* Reunited with Larvitar and officially captures it

* Mr. Mime becomes a proper battler and gets to shine against a psychic trainer

* Elite 4 members that never appeared before will appear and Ash will have battles against them to climb up the ranks plus Ash vs Brandon and his regis in a full battle

charinija

Pokemon Master
At the end of the series, I think Goh will be affected by an event and change goals and leave the series.

Garry has done this before. His wanted to be a pokemon master. But He became a researcher.

Brock wanted to be a pokemon breeder, but then became his doctor.

Capturing all pokemons or capturing the Mew may be the target, but it's just a temporary target.

Goh will probably discover that he wants something new like Serena. Like May and Brock.

There are two people in the anime who know what they want from day one.

Dawn and Ash.

Morax

King of heroes
At the end of the series, I think Goh will be affected by an event and change goals and leave the series.

Garry has done this before. His wanted to be a pokemon master. But He became a researcher.

Brock wanted to be a pokemon breeder, but then became his doctor.

Capturing all pokemons or capturing the Mew may be the target, but it's just a temporary target.

Goh will probably discover that he wants something new like Serena. Like May and Brock.

There are two people in the anime who know what they want from day one.

Dawn and Ash.
Dawn is a genderbent ash so that's one person

Status
Not open for further replies.