• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Is it mentioned anywhere that Goh's Grookey might have "Grassy Surge" as its ability? (considering its unique ability to heal both plants and Grass type pokemons; plus normally it can't get access to Grassy Terrain until its final evolution).
That’s the natural ability of Grookey as a species: the first SwSh trailer that debuted the starters had Grookey heal the plants that Scorbunny burned with its feet. It’s also in its Sword Dex entry: When it uses its special stick to strike up a beat, the sound waves produced carry revitalizing energy to the plants and flowers in the area.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They can give Absol to Ash. But they will give Ash an evolved pokemon. I wonder which pokemon it will be.

Also, Ash does not have pokemon evolved twice in this series. It has already caught Dragonite in evolution.

Actually suitable for Piplup or Rookiide Ash.

Empoleon is suitable for Ash in both genre and charisma.
I don't think Ash is getting Piplup unless they have no plans to bring Dawn back.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Won’t even get into this Absol discussion. It’s gonna go to Goh until I see Ash holding up his own Pokeball.

I love Absol and I wanted him to catch one since that AG opening but I’m not holding my breath with this one guys
Who would anyways since it was just a random scene of an Absol using Razor Wind (I assume that was what it was using)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So since Sobble's goal is to be more like the Inteleon actor and the Rillaboom dream in Grookey's debut episode I'm willing to bet Goh is going to have a team of three fully evolved starters.

charinija

Pokemon Master
I don't think Ash is getting Piplup unless they have no plans to bring Dawn back.
I think Dawn's return does not block Ash from taking Piplup.

May took Squirtle and Balbasaur in the past. Dawn took Quilava .Ash already owns these Pokemon

I even think Dawn's Piplup might return to Ash's Piplup's development. Dawn's Piplup could become a role model if Ash's Piplup was initially weak like Riolu admiration Korinna's Lucario.

If Ash gets a starter, it'll probably be Piplup or Torchic. Piplup is more likely due to the dp remake.

But Ash may not buy starter.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think Dawn's return does not block Ash from taking Piplup.

May took Squirtle and Balbasaur in the past. Dawn took Quilava .Ash already owns these Pokemon

I even think Dawn's Piplup might return to Ash's Piplup's development. Dawn's Piplup could become a role model if Ash's Piplup was initially weak like Riolu admiration Korinna's Lucario.

If Ash gets a starter, it'll probably be Piplup or Torchic. Piplup is more likely due to the dp remake.

But Ash may not buy starter.
Ash already has Lucario for remake promotion.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Ash is 1 for 4 here on Pokemon that have thus far been presented and at one point or another people wanted him to capture
1. Gengar ~ He caught it, which was awesome
2. Flygon ~ Goh got it despite the summary being a bit hazy
3. Sobble ~ Goh got it with a bait and switch that likely still has people mad
4. Grookey ~ Goh got it because at this point Ash isn't cool anymore I guess

Yeah, I have no faith whatsoever in the writing staff to give Ash anything that we either want him to have, anything that might hint at him getting, or just something that flat out would make more sense going to him than Goh.

*Oh and I'm not forgetting Dracovish, I suppose you could say Ash is 2 for 5, but honestly... it still doesn't matter.

Samurott

Seeing all of those Water type Pokemon preview makes me wonder, are we getting another Alola episode soon? If so, it looks like Chloe might be going with them. We see Dracovish, Dewgong, and Vaporeon going down on the slide, which makes me think Vaporeon could belong to Lana so that people won't confuse the two Eevees. Then you have the random Gorebyss in the ocean, which makes sense for Alola's setting. Then we see Ash and Goh in the snowy setting, which makes me think that it's Mount Lanakila. Goh said a few episodes ago (Psyduck episode) that he was wanting to catch some Ice types. Hopefully this leads to an overdue catching spree for Goh like in the beginning of the series. Perhaps this setting is where Ash could maybe get an Alolan Sandslash? Wishful thinking, I know. He'd have a type he missed out on in Alola, two types he's lacking overall, and a regional form that was introduced in Alola. As for Absol, it was definitely my prediction for his Hoenn representative. He has no Dark types from Hoenn, no pure Dark types at all, and it gives Ash another Pokemon to possibly mega evolve if they go that route for his Lucario.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It's better I keep my expectations low about Absol. Now that it's getting some screentime, Dracovish in battles please! And please don't dump Sirfetch'd away...
Nah Sirfetch'd will get benched like the rest of the squad lmao. And who would have high expectations for Absol anyways lmao.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash has a fully evolved six member team in 60 episodes, damn.
He's definitely catching more, I'd rather he doesn't catch absol since it's a boring Mon to me
The preview was really lackluster, hope that water Pokémon are in Alola theory is true, can't wait for alola's return it's been far too long
Excited to finally see sobble evolve too

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Ash has a fully evolved six member team in 60 episodes, damn.
He's definitely catching more, I'd rather he doesn't catch absol since it's a boring Mon to me
The preview was really lackluster, hope that water Pokémon are in Alola theory is true, can't wait for alola's return it's been far too long
Excited to finally see sobble evolve too
Five *
Pikachu doesn't want evolve.

charinija

Pokemon Master
If Ash doesn't catch another water type, Dracovish is a very important pokemon.

Especially when the opponent uses fire type in wars, it is the first Pokemon to be used by Ash.

People shouldn't worry about Dracovish. The turn will come.

Pokemon to be worried about are Dragonite and Gengar.

Probably mighty Dragonite may became lab pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.