• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Why do people like an Ash Absol Capture? I mean Absol is PU or disgusting tier
I mean the competitiveness in the game doesn’t compute with that of the anime. Ursaring is a monster on the show, as is Ash’s Pikachu. Absol is a popular mon. Not because of how good it is (obviously), but just because it’s a beloved and now nostalgic design.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
When has smogon gibberish ever matter in anything except gatekeeping to make sure crap doesn't go wild.
People like the idea of Ash-Absol being a thing due to mainly nostalgia from the Hoenn days and popularity along with people liking its design and being a mon focused on offense which technically suits what Ash does in the anime.

Zariful

I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge that while they both assisted in the darkest day arc, the last time Dragonite and Gengar had an onscreen trainer battle was 9 months ago. And while it took us a while to actually give it an arc. The Gap between Farfetch'd 's first and second onscreen trainer battles was 5 months. Then it proceeded to get two follow up episodes. So perpetual sadness for Dragonite and Gengar. And I've heard the whole argument of Dragonite and Gengar were already fully evolved, so they don't need development and can be focused on battles. But then they're not actually battling all that much.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
I predict this Series will end with a set up for the Next Series which will once again include Satoshi instead of ending on a self-contained like DP or XY. Mainly because there will be some excuse/reasoning given to why Satoshi will give up his research assistant position in Sakuragi Laboratory and that reason will be the set-up for the Next Series.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

You don't understand how the tiering works. Absol is PU via usage not entirely because it's bad, but because there's objectively much better dark types even in NU.

Why'd Ash get a Lucario? Lucario is in NU this generation lmao.

BlazingAsh

So we're to automatically assume that Absol couldn't be weakened? Or what about Flygon? He captured that perfectly fine..
It's just a speculation. Of course he could catch one but depends on how strong the Absol is. If this Absol turns out to way stronger than his Flygon and if he uses his one of his not so strong pokemon against it, he may not win. Whereas Ash has a good chance of catching it just like Goh wasn't able to catch Farfetchd but Ash was. Nobody's saying Goh won't catch it for sure. Just speculating how it could go to Ash.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
It's just a speculation. Of course he could catch one but depends on how strong the Absol is. If this Absol turns out to way stronger than his Flygon and if he uses his one of his not so strong pokemon against it, he may not win. Whereas Ash has a good chance of catching it just like Goh wasn't able to catch Farfetchd but Ash was. Nobody's saying Goh won't catch it for sure. Just speculating how it could go to Ash.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'd definitely like Ash to get it since that was one of my wishes for gen 3 and again when ORAS came around, but I wouldn't complain if it goes to Goh because I just expect it at this point..

AsH KetcHHup

Seems like a Go is getting episodes again. I think he'll basically go to a open region like the wild area and Absol is the strongest or challenge of the episode.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'm just gonna play contrarian and say that Absol is joining the main cast... under Ash's ownership. Cause why not lulz.

If I get this contrarian thought right then I guess I have future sight and 9000 IQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.