• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Do you watch dream or something?

It kind of depends. Ash never captures pokemon in a genuine battle now. To me, that looks like a genuine battle but who knows it could a distraught Absol or something.
Nah, I'm just goofy. And I'm quite aware, and I actually don't give a damn about who Absol goes to if it joins the main cast in the end. Just thought I'd play contrarian and say that this time, its an Ash capture despite basically the majority accepting or saying that it'll be Go's.

ShadowForce720

Do you watch dream or something?

It kind of depends. Ash never captures pokemon in a genuine battle now. To me, that looks like a genuine battle but who knows it could a distraught Absol or something.
Each of Ash’s captures in this series have been somewhat different in how so there is nothing preventing from Ash getting a Pokémon in a genuine battle.

So really it could go either way in terms of who will catch the Absol, and whether it actually gets caught or not or is a wild Absol or belongs to someone already.

We don’t have enough information about it to really say for sure what will happen with Absol.

However there is a chance Ash might catch it.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
If we're using Smogon Tiers to determine which Pokémon Ash can get then Ash isn't getting any of the Popular choices lmao.

A hefty amount of the Most Popular Pokémon aren't even Competitively viable.
Ash will never get things like a Decidueye or a Samurott going by this logic
Or he shouldn't have gotten Lucario or Sirfetch'd since they're both in NU

But Hey, if you guys wanna see Ash catch a Lando-T then I suppose that's fair game lol
landorus_therian_forme.png

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
If we're using Smogon Tiers to determine which Pokémon Ash can get then Ash isn't getting any of the Popular choices lmao.

A hefty amount of the Most Popular Pokémon aren't even Competitively viable.
Ash will never get things like a Decidueye or a Samurott going by this logic
Or he shouldn't have gotten Lucario or Sirfetch'd since they're both in NU

But Hey, if you guys wanna see Ash catch a Lando-T then I suppose that's fair game lol
landorus_therian_forme.png
Its a legendery, so itsmore likely for Go to catch it

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:
So Why are the Writer's trying to rush Ash's PWC goal?

Any particular reason why they want him
Hyper Class so soon?

Even if we do only have one year of Journeys left, will that be enough to cover The Hyper Class, The Master's 8, The Galar Gym Leaders, Ash's Former Companions, and the heaps of Filler episodes that I know we're going to get?
I personally just think that the writers aren't interested in pacing themselves like before since they seem to have more freedom to do whatever they want with Satoshi's activities now. I don't necessarily mind that Satoshi has ranked up quickly: I just think that his battles should be shown on-screen more often, especially in episodes that are basically fillers.

Master Pikachu 11

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd definitely like Ash to get it since that was one of my wishes for gen 3 and again when ORAS came around, but I wouldn't complain if it goes to Goh because I just expect it at this point..
I mean any pokemon in this series is usually expected to go to Goh at this point since he will catch everything, so I don’t blame you for thinking that Goh will probably catch it until proven otherwise. I agree Absol is a pokemon that I want Ash to get as well, but I won’t get my hopes up.
If you could give Ash only two more Pokemon in this series, which ones would you choose?

I would choose Tyranitar and Latias.
Urishfu and Corviknight

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
You know for something that is called "Pokemon World Championships"... from the people Ash has faced so far with the exceptions of the likes of Lt. Surge's Assistant, Korrina, Bea & Rinto... most of the trainers Ash has faced have been fodder. Like it doesn't feel like a World Tournament to decide the Best Trainer in the world at all. And the fact that in the Master Class, he'll be facing trainers and heck probably beating trainers like Lance & Raihan. It isn't going to be believable to me at all with how poorly the entire thing has been set up.

Leon doesn't seem to be the most powerful trainer we have seen. We saw in his battle with Raihan, how Gigantamax literally saved him. Dude would get crushed in other regions. Meanwhile back in Diamond & Pearl, when Cynthia first appeared, they properly built her up as the Best Trainer up until that point. Even giving her a Full Battle with Paul showing her Garchomp destroy him. We have seen absolutely nothing of that calibre with Leon at all. Considering Pikachu did pretty well against Gigantamax Charizard, better than whatever show Pikachu put up against Diantha's Mega Gardevoir in XY028. Heck who knows maybe Anime Diantha is even more stronger than Anime Leon. And Diantha was the easiest Champion to defeat in the Games. In fact let me say it, Anime Leon looks weak compared to Anime Cynthia & Anime Diantha.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Lopunny is 1.2 m tall while Mega Lopunny is 1.3 m tall.

Lucario is 1.19 m tall. About the same.

Cinderace is 1.4 m tall so quite a difference.

Weird. I recall going playing on the Isle of Armor with Cinderace out. When Lopunny spawed it looks VERY short.

Also, I remember there was an episode of DP where Lopunny's been shown to be not too much taller than Pikachu.

nickdt

Weird. I recall going playing on the Isle of Armor with Cinderace out. When Lopunny spawed it looks VERY short.

Also, I remember there was an episode of DP where Lopunny's been shown to be not too much taller than Pikachu.

tbh, overworld Pokemon were never portrayed as their same height. Even Steelix seems small in the wild area, compared to Onix, while Steelix is taller. Everything in SWSH seems compressed when encounted in the overworld.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Pikachu was destroyed in that battle
Dude Charizard literally fell down and Leon had to call it back to its Pokeball and then Gigantamax it to win. Many people were expecting a total blow out. Ash & Pikachu did reasonably well in that battle. Pikachu's Quick Attack matched fairly with Charizard's Thunder Punch. Did he lose though? Yes, but he certainly wasn't destroyed. I'd say he only lost due to him not being experienced with G-Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.