• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebestpokemontrainer

Pokemon Master
Gen 2 & HGSS however are objectively terrible.
Never thought I'd see the day when someone actually said this unironically because from what I've seen on the internet most people think HG/SS are the best games in the series. Myself included.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
About the recent theories of Absol and Piplup:

+ Absol MIGHT be a new capture for Ash, but it could be capture by Goh too. From Generation III, the most suited Pokemon that Ash could have captured were Flygon, Absol and Sableye. I would personally prefer Sableye over Absol, so Ash could have another Ghost type, but if he captures Absol, it can work too. I can accept Ash capturing it or not.

+ Piplup IS a Pokemon Ash must capture. First of all, he always have at least ONE Pokemon not evolved in his team (besides Pikachu) to show his progress and development. Piplup is a good candidate, especially with the Sinnoh's remakes incoming and Goh having taken all the Galar's starters. And by capturing a Piplup, Ash get another Pokemon that makes reference to one of his past partners; just like Dragonite represent Iris. Not only that, Iris has a Dragonite and some time later, he also captured a Gible; a Pokemon that Ash already caught on his own. Dawn captured a Cyndaquil that evolved into Quilava, just like Ash; so it would be fitting for Ash to get a Piplup next. So, Piplup MUST be captured by Ash, and evolve into Empoleon eventually. Ash would then have all Sinnoh's starters. There's also the fact that, in case Ash's Rowlet returns, it could make a good team with a Piplup.

Red and Blue

About the recent theories of Absol and Piplup:

+ Absol MIGHT be a new capture for Ash, but it could be capture by Goh too. From Generation III, the most suited Pokemon that Ash could have captured were Flygon, Absol and Sableye. I would personally prefer Sableye over Absol, so Ash could have another Ghost type, but if he captures Absol, it can work too. I can accept Ash capturing it or not.

+ Piplup IS a Pokemon Ash must capture. First of all, he always have at least ONE Pokemon not evolved in his team (besides Pikachu) to show his progress and development. Piplup is a good candidate, especially with the Sinnoh's remakes incoming and Goh having taken all the Galar's starters. And by capturing a Piplup, Ash get another Pokemon that makes reference to one of his past partners; just like Dragonite represent Iris. Not only that, Iris has a Dragonite and some time later, he also captured a Gible; a Pokemon that Ash already caught on his own. Dawn captured a Cyndaquil that evolved into Quilava, just like Ash; so it would be fitting for Ash to get a Piplup next. So, Piplup MUST be captured by Ash, and evolve into Empoleon eventually. Ash would then have all Sinnoh's starters. There's also the fact that, in case Ash's Rowlet returns, it could make a good team with a Piplup.
In regards to Ash always having one unevolved Pokemon besides Pikachu that didn't happen in Kalos. His team was fully evolved that time

DuskAstral

+ Piplup IS a Pokemon Ash must capture. First of all, he always have at least ONE Pokemon not evolved in his team (besides Pikachu) to show his progress and development.
No, it doesn't have to. First, he already has enough starters. Second, this rule has already been broken in Kalos and it could happen again.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
In regards to Ash always having one unevolved Pokemon besides Pikachu that didn't happen in Kalos. His team was fully evolved that time
Yeah, at the end of the Generation. We are still far away from the end of the actual Generation, especially because of the delays caused by the pandemic, so Ash can capture an unevolved Pokemon in the near future. It's just luck if it stays unevolved or not at the end of the Generation.

No, it doesn't have to. First, he already has enough starters. Second, this rule has already been broken in Kalos and it could happen again.

Starters and Legendaries are always the most popular Pokemon of each Generation, so the remakes of Sinnoh will likely allow Ash to capture the starter he lacks from this region. The rule wasn't broken in Kalos. Ash captured Goomy, Fletchling, Froakie and Noibat. The fact that all the Pokemon evolve at the end of the Gen is not what I meant. This Gen is still new, so Ash will surely capture an unevolved Pokemon which will likely evolve as time passses.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
And that right there is the problem. If the regional evolution turns out to be more populair than the original evolution, its basically a marketing problem. Thats why i doubt the starters will ever get regional forms or evolutions.
Not really. They still managed to include alolan forms on LGPE and SwSh. If those new forms end up more popular, they'll just find excuses to include them on later games. With dexit being a thing you can have new!Samurott be the only option in a game, for example.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yeah, at the end of the Generation. We are still far away from the end of the actual Generation, especially because of the delays caused by the pandemic, so Ash can capture an unevolved Pokemon in the near future. It's just luck if it stays unevolved or not at the end of the Generation.

Starters and Legendaries are always the most popular Pokemon of each Generation, so the remakes of Sinnoh will likely allow Ash to capture the starter he lacks from this region. The rule wasn't broken in Kalos. Ash captured Goomy, Fletchling, Froakie and Noibat. The fact that all the Pokemon evolve at the end of the Gen is not what I meant. This Gen is still new, so Ash will surely capture an unevolved Pokemon which will likely evolve as time passses.
He was referring to the rule about him having an unevolved Pokemon aside from Pikachu on his team. I don't expect him to have one this time because of the nature of the PWC.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
He was referring to the rule about him having an unevolved Pokemon aside from Pikachu on his team. I don't expect him to have one this time because of the nature of the PWC.
I get that, but then again, you should consider that Ash will likely stop escalating ranks in the PWC as quickly as now once he reaches the Ultra Class. Before reaching the Master Class, pretty sure the best trainers in this class are Elite 4's level. Which means, in order to make his Pokemon stronger, Ash will have to train and battle elsewhere so his Pokemon can gain enough experience. In that situation, it's quite probably Ash will get another unevolved Pokemon to act as a reference of his progress.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
According to someone who saw the leaked episode,

Goh has Plusle and Chloe has Minun.

(Could just be temporary considering Plusle and Minun already have Trainers. Maybe the Repair People will give the two Pikachu clones to them???)

Not sure if this is true tho. Could just be BS for all we know at this point

Last edited:

Hyper Missingno

I hope Ash to catch Psychic and Fairy type Pokemon. I know Ash has Mr. Mime, but it is mostly taking a role as housekeeper. So, I want Ash to have Psychic/Fairy type Pokemon which he can actually use it for battle.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I hope Ash to catch Psychic and Fairy type Pokemon. I know Ash has Mr. Mime, but it is mostly taking a role as housekeeper. So, I want Ash to have Psychic/Fairy type Pokemon which he can actually use it for battle.

The Fairy Types are a difficult choice, considering most of them are too "girly". I have a few candidates, though:
+ Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss: Back in Kanto, Ash was who founf the Pokemon Egg from where Misty's Togepi was born. Since Togekiss is a Pokemon that can use Aura Sphere, just like Lucario, it might work for Ash.
+ Zacian: During the Darkest Night, it was obvious Ash and Goh created a bond with Zacian and Zamazenta. Goh expressed interest to capture Zamazenta someday, so why wouldn't Ash capture Zacian too?
+ Galarian Weezing: Back in Kanto, Ash already used a Weezing once and won a battle; so it would be fitting for Ash to capture a version of this Pokemon that have the Fairy Type.

For the Psychic types, there are several candidates:
+ Orbeetle: Between the Galar Pokemon that Ash might capture in the future, this is a good candidate.
+ Alola Raichu: We have already saw Ash using a Raichu without evolving Pikachu, and since this regional form has the Psychic type, I believe it is a good candidate. It could also be a Raichu evolved from a Pikachu knowing the more Surf.
+ Mewtwo: Mew has become the endgame for Goh, and if he actually manage to capture, then I believe Mewtwo MIGHT be capture by Ash. On one hand, we know Ash and Mewtwo already share a bond; and on the other hand, I don't see why they have brought Mewtwo back into the anime after so many years if they don't have a plan for him. Ash could even give him the MegaEvolution X, becoming part Fighting Type.

ShadowForce720

The Fairy Types are a difficult choice, considering most of them are too "girly". I have a few candidates, though:
+ Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss: Back in Kanto, Ash was who founf the Pokemon Egg from where Misty's Togepi was born. Since Togekiss is a Pokemon that can use Aura Sphere, just like Lucario, it might work for Ash.
+ Zacian: During the Darkest Night, it was obvious Ash and Goh created a bond with Zacian and Zamazenta. Goh expressed interest to capture Zamazenta someday, so why wouldn't Ash capture Zacian too?
+ Galarian Weezing: Back in Kanto, Ash already used a Weezing once and won a battle; so it would be fitting for Ash to capture a version of this Pokemon that have the Fairy Type.

For the Psychic types, there are several candidates:
+ Orbeetle: Between the Galar Pokemon that Ash might capture in the future, this is a good candidate.
+ Alola Raichu: We have already saw Ash using a Raichu without evolving Pikachu, and since this regional form has the Psychic type, I believe it is a good candidate. It could also be a Raichu evolved from a Pikachu knowing the more Surf.
+ Mewtwo: Mew has become the endgame for Goh, and if he actually manage to capture, then I believe Mewtwo MIGHT be capture by Ash. On one hand, we know Ash and Mewtwo already share a bond; and on the other hand, I don't see why they have brought Mewtwo back into the anime after so many years if they don't have a plan for him. Ash could even give him the MegaEvolution X, becoming part Fighting Type.
Okay can we seriously stop with this whole ridiculous Ash can’t get “x” Pokémon because it’s too “girly” argument. A Pokémon being feminine or “girly” doesn’t prevent Ash from getting it.

Heck most of the Pokémon that are called “girly” aren’t as overly feminine as some people try to make them out to be and can appeal to both genders.

Practically any of the Psychic or Fairy type Pokémon can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.