• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What are Absol's recommended moves and ability in competition?
In competitive? It’s usually:
Justified
Swords Dance
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Play Rough/Superpower

dman_dustin

That has never stopped people from lumping specific Pokémon with Ash before. Also the whole thing about it not making sense narratively and would be pure random could be random could be said for a lot of Pokémon including ones that Ash already has.

Look it’s fine if you don’t like Absol personally as everyone has their preferences, however just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s not a decent Pokémon, and Absol is pretty popular so I’m not seeing the problem with some people speculating on it going to Ash.

I mean heck were we not supposed to be speculating on Ash getting a Riolu just because some people here hated Riolu/Lucario and didn’t like the other Pokémon that were showing up at the time?

That's not my point.

Dragonite and Gengar are 1st gen Pokemon, guess what region the series takes place in (the vast majority)?
Lucario was literally the Pokemon that most people wanted Ash to have far more than Absol like not even up to debate. Other Pokemon might be up for debate but not Absol.
Sirfetch'd and Dracovish are 8th generation Pokemon.

What literal purpose would Absol serve for Ash being a standalone dark type? It would have to be a writer/executive dream rather than one that makes normal sense.

I feel like Weavile would make more sense at this point. Absol feels wholly fan fiction, and I don't mean the level where its possible with something like Lucario.

According to someone who saw the leaked episode,

Goh has Plusle and Chloe has Minun.

(Could just be temporary considering Plusle and Minun already have Trainers. Maybe the Repair People will give the two Pikachu clones to them???)

Not sure if this is true tho. Could just be BS for all we know at this point

Koharu hypothetically getting Minun after what happened with Galarian Ponyta feels the dumbest idiotic move ever.

Sure Minun probably could act like a random Go capture, and Koharu barely uses it but why?

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

Wait what? where are you getting this whole Chloe getting a Minun idea from, since as far as I know nothing even remotely suggest or hints at Chloe getting a Minun.
Plus Minun already has a trainer in the episode, so I doubt the trainer will part with it.

(Could just be temporary considering Plusle and Minun already have Trainers. Maybe the Repair People will give the two Pikachu clones to them???)

Well I don’t see how accurate that person that saw the leak episode is, since most COTD episodes didn’t have said COTD part with their Pokémon to give to the main characters, plus since these COTDs have a car and company named after their Pokémon, it would be weird for them to continue to have that if they didn’t have the Pokémon with them. I would rather Goh and Chloe catch wild ones then get some other trainers Pokémon.
In competitive? It’s usually:
Justified
Swords Dance
Knock Off
Sucker Punch
Play Rough/Superpower
what is Absol’s signature move?

dman_dustin

Plus Minun already has a trainer in the episode, so I doubt the trainer will part with it.

Well I don’t see how accurate that person that saw the leak episode is, since most COTD episodes didn’t have said COTD part with their Pokémon to give to the main characters, plus since these COTDs have a car and company named after their Pokémon, it would be weird for them to continue to have that if they didn’t have the Pokémon with them. I would rather Goh and Chloe catch wild ones then get some other trainers Pokémon.

I think the idea is more about rewarding Pokemon to them, not necessarily giving them emotionally connected trainer Pokemon.

Think the fighting dojo with Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee over something like Princess Salvia and Togekiss.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Doesn’t have one but it’s usually associated with Razor Wind or Night Slash (it has Super Luck)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

This is 100% just attention seeking.

ShadowForce720

That's not my point.

Dragonite and Gengar are 1st gen Pokemon, guess what region the series takes place in (the vast majority)?
Lucario was literally the Pokemon that most people wanted Ash to have far more than Absol like not even up to debate. Other Pokemon might be up for debate but not Absol.
Sirfetch'd and Dracovish are 8th generation Pokemon.

What literal purpose would Absol serve for Ash being a standalone dark type? It would have to be a writer/executive dream rather than one that makes normal sense.

I feel like Weavile would make more sense at this point. Absol feels wholly fan fiction, and I don't mean the level where its possible with something like Lucario.

Koharu hypothetically getting Minun after what happened with Galarian Ponyta feels the dumbest idiotic move ever.

Sure Minun probably could act like a random Go capture, and Koharu barely uses it but why?
It’s not a case of oh well if a Pokémon is not gen 1 or 8 Pokémon but is a standalone mono type Pokémon it would serve no purpose.

At the end of the day Absol while not being necessarily as popular as Lucario, is still a popular Pokémon and is one of the more popular gen 3 Pokémon . It also adds a Dark type Pokémon to Ash’s team as well as giving his team some gen 3.

Also try to accuse of a Pokémon as feeling fan fiction is weird when if you had gone back in time and told some at the beginning of Journeys what Ash’s team would be by episode 60 you would have had some people that would say that it sounds to much like fan fiction.

Yes we get a lot of episodes in Kanto and gen 8 is the current generation, however Journeys is still a world traveling series so it’s perfectly in line for Ash to get Pokémon from any of the 8 current regions.

Let’s be honest here if we look at past series I’m sure that you can easily find Pokémon that Ash caught that some people probably thought that it didn’t make sense for Ash to catch said Pokémon.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

Doesn’t have one but it’s usually associated with Razor Wind or Night Slash (it has Super Luck)
Ok well I could see Razor Wind as move that it could use if it is caught
Doesn’t have one. However it’s heavily associated with the moves Razor Wind, Night Slash, and Psycho Cut.
Well if Ash were to catch it then I can’t see it using Night Slash since Sirfetch’d has it unless they plan on changing Sirfetch’d’s Night Slash for meteor assault. But I think Psycho cut could work as it will show off a different move that Ash hasn’t used in a battle.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So apparently episode 61 dropped accidentally on some platform, and the comments on it say that Go catches Plusle and Koharu catches Minun? Excuse me?
The first part is basically confirmed as someone did an oopsy and it was posted on some pay-to-watch Japanese exclusive site. The latter is still unknown.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well if Ash were to catch it then I can’t see it using Night Slash since Sirfetch’d has it unless they plan on changing Sirfetch’d’s Night Slash for meteor assault. But I think Psycho cut could work as it will show off a different move that Ash hasn’t used in a battle.
They can might as well use Dark Pulse as an alternative.

DuskAstral

+ Zacian: During the Darkest Night, it was obvious Ash and Goh created a bond with Zacian and Zamazenta. Goh expressed interest to capture Zamazenta someday, so why wouldn't Ash capture Zacian too?
In my opinion, Zacian (as well as Zamazenta) cannot be caught by any of the boys, as the wolves are the defenders of Galar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.