• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Ash's Torterra has been shown to be too weak.

But Ash is generally more compatible with fast pokemons.

Sceptile, Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Dragonite, Ash's best Pokemon have always been fast.

Inteleon, for example, was a very compatible poker with Ash. The only pokemon in Gen 8 that I'm disappointed that Ash didn't buy.

ShadowForce720

Sceptile, Greninja, Pikachu, Charizard, Dragonite, Ash's best Pokemon have always been fast.

Inteleon, for example, was a very compatible poker with Ash. The only pokemon in Gen 8 that I'm disappointed that Ash didn't buy.
Ash’s Torterra isn’t weak, the only reason why it didn’t get any wins as a Torterra was because for the most part it was decided that the wins would go to other Pokémon, so no it’s not like Torterra was really given a chance to shine or be in a battle where it could get a win.

And the one battle that did focus on it as a Torterra was against a member of the Elite 4 which given how members of the Elite 4 where depicted at the time of course Torterra wouldn’t win the battle against Bertha.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Paul's Drapion
Volkner's Electivire.

Never won any war after it evolved. It may be unlucky, but it is obvious that it is not strong. Elite 4 match is not that important.
Ash’s Torterra isn’t weak, the only reason why it didn’t get any wins as a Torterra was because for the most part it was decided that the wins would go to other Pokémon, so no it’s not like Torterra was really given a chance to shine or be in a battle where it could get a win.

And the one battle that did focus on it as a Torterra was against a member of the Elite 4 which given how members of the Elite 4 where depicted at the time of course Torterra wouldn’t win the battle against Bertha.

D

Deleted member 384931

So I'm guessing Dragonite's current movesets as of this ep is:

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Hurricane
Draco meteor

So they finally got rid of Hyper Beam and then replaced it with another special attack instead of a physical move that would take advantage of DD and now it has 3 Dragon type moves.

Give this dragon some coverage
It never used Hyper Beam, was stopped twice before it could use it

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Since Iris's axex had evolved, i really would like to see scraggy as a Scrafty in the lab episode. I don't really care if we couldn't see on screen the evolution, or any ash's pokemon to be honest
I'd like it if he and Kubfu got to be buddies and work together, bonus points if Kubfu goes down the Dark type route. Give Scraggy some time to get focus and grant him an evolution
Guys, so Dragonite is now Ash's strongest Pokemon? He just beated the haz of a champion
Yet they try and paint Lucario as the ace
I hope they actually live up to the hype this time and he starts getting good fights soon

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

I think the problem with Torterra is the writers couldn't make up their minds on what to do with it.

Because here's what bothers me, we have Paul's Torterra go behind his back to teach Grotle a defensive style of combat after it had evolved and lost it's speed, and that strategy did seem to work for the time Ash used it.

But then all of a sudden Rock Climb comes into the picture as if an attempt to restore mobility, and what ended up happening? That very move was responsible for pretty much most if not all of it's defeats as both grotle and Torterra.

It always felt like a huge contradiction to me, why bother teach to fight defensively at all if your gonna try to give it back mobility, but said mobility causes it to fail? It makes no sense.

Red and Blue

Does this move exist?! I never heard of it XP
It was the former signature move of that Water/Psychic fish from Gen 7(can't even remember its name)

ShadowForce720

Paul's Drapion
Volkner's Electivire.

Never won any war after it evolved. It may be unlucky, but it is obvious that it is not strong. Elite 4 match is not that important.
No, that doesn’t it means not strong. How on earth is it weak if it’s never gotten a battle or fair chance to show off as a Torterra.

Tell me how Torterra going to get a win in a 3vs3 battle against Volkner when it was already decided that Pikachu would get 1 win and Infernape would get two?

Likewise how can it get a win the full battle against Paul if it’s decided that Infernape would get 3 wins, and Pikachu, Gliscor, and Buizel would get 1 win each?

Torterra isn’t weak, the only reason why Torterra hasn’t gotten a win as a Torterra yet is because it hasn’t gotten battles focused on it where it would be allowed to actually shine.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Let me just remind you that ice attacks have 4x advantages over dragons.
Mr. Vish probably has Strong Jaw as his ability so adding the 4x weakness and the ability boost to Angrynite's bad luck couldn't give other result.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What if that long hair girl silhouette is Leaf?
Personally, I'd prefer anime!Leaf as part of the main cast. Or maybe even being adapted into a character of her own, much like Ash was in regards to Red.
I honestly just want to see piers and marnie when it comes fo galar characters.
I kind of want Ash to beat Piers in the Spikemuth gym just so we can have Ash beating a dark type gym leader in some form.

Doramaru

Laugh in snorlax and kingler

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
if there ends up being a second type null Silvally in existence i want ash to get it.

but i still don't know how the disc thing would work in the PWC

ShadowForce720

if there ends up being a second type null Silvally in existence i want ash to get it.

but i still don't know how the disc thing would work in the PWC
There is literally no reason to think Ash wouldn’t use it a similar way to Gladion where he limits the type changes in official battles/matches to 1 type change per battle/match.

It’s really not that complicated.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I like Volkner. But what can he bring on the table to make the battle more difficult?
He'd probably return simply because he's a popular character, although I personally never put him on a pedestal: I think his Gym match against Satoshi might actually be my least favorite one from DP. But if he returns he'll probably be given a team boost in the form of Daimax.

dman_dustin

I like Volkner. But what can he bring on the table to make the battle more difficult?

Torterra's redemption arc....

As for Volkner's strength he could easily be an E4 level trainer, like Volkner finally tipped the scales and finally became better than Flint. And he's been able to battle/train longer than Iris. Plus he's supposed to be Sinnoh's strongest gym leader.

What's that to Ash beating Iris? As I said Torterra. Ash doesn't need to use dragonite, though Dragonite destroying Rachu would be neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.