• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
It will be a shame, if Alain isn't in the PWC. He was by far Ash's Strongest Rival (yes, not best but still strongest) and come on who doesn't want to see Ash get his share of revenge against Alain? I really want him to be in the Master Eight, but I know I'm holding my hopes too high here. I think Alain could also easily defeat Iris (Malva wasn't any problem to him and plus that Charizard is OP AF). More on, Alain & Koharu's Seiyuus are married XD ;).

esquilo09

With Pansear, Go finally caught his third Fire type, now he only need to catch these:

First pink mon
Third Ice type
First canine
Second Steel type
Second 4th gen mon
First equine
First bovine
First caprinae
First pachiderm
First ursidae(I hope it's a Teddiursa)
First Pika Clone

Last edited:

charinija

Pokemon Master
Likewise how can it get a win the full battle against Paul if it’s decided that Infernape would get 3 wins, and Pikachu, Gliscor, and Buizel would get 1 win each?
Was it necessary for Gliscor or Buizel to win?

Couldn't Torterra win?

Other Pokemon have won battles. For example, this Buizel has already beaten its evolved form.

Infernape could buy not 3 pokemons but 2 pokemon.

So Torterra was shown weak.
Tell me how Torterra going to get a win in a 3vs3 battle against Volkner when it was already decided that Pikachu would get 1 win and Infernape would get two?
Torterra, not Pikachu, has been lost, despite being the kind to which it has an advantage.

The authors chose Torterra as the weak pokemon.

The balance was very well maintained in Kalos. But there were weak pokemons in the series before Kalos. Like Totodile, Torterra.

charinija

Pokemon Master
It will be a shame, if Alain isn't in the PWC. He was by far Ash's Strongest Rival (yes, not best but still strongest) and come on who doesn't want to see Ash get his share of revenge against Alain? I really want him to be in the Master Eight, but I know I'm holding my hopes too high here. I think Alain could also easily defeat Iris (Malva wasn't any problem to him and plus that Charizard is OP AF). More on, Alain & Koharu's Seiyuus are married XD ;).
I think Paul was Ash's strongest opponent. But Alain is also very strong.

If we don't count Tobias as a rival, of course.

Not only Alain should return to PWC, but also Paul.

If even the iris has developed this much, Paul has become very powerful.

ShadowForce720

Was it necessary for Gliscor or Buizel to win?

Couldn't Torterra win?

Other Pokemon have won battles. For example, this Buizel has already beaten its evolved form.

Infernape could buy not 3 pokemons but 2 pokemon.

So Torterra was shown weak.

Torterra, not Pikachu, has been lost, despite being the kind to which it has an advantage.

The authors chose Torterra as the weak pokemon.

The balance was very well maintained in Kalos. But there were weak pokemons in the series before Kalos. Like Totodile, Torterra.
No, Torterra was not weak.

Yes it was necessary for Gliscor to get a win at the league, because the whole reason it left was to train to master Giga Impact to get stronger if it didn’t get any wins when it came back it would have made the entire training pointless.

So other Pokémon won battles, so what? Torterra just never got the proper chance to shine as it only got 3 battles after it evolved which 1 was against Elite 4, the other was against Volkner which was a 3vs3 battle with it being decides that Pikachu would get 1 win and Infernape would get 2 wins because of it’s story line so there was no way Torterra could get a win there.

And there wasn’t away to for Torterra to get a win in the battle against Paul at the league since they decided to give Infernape 3 wins, Pikachu 1 win, Gliscor 1 win, and Buizel 1 win.

If I had to guess why they gave Buizel a win was because they wanted to show off it’s Ice Aqua Jet.

Back when there plenty of battles left to go around in Sinnoh they Torterra as a Turtwig and Grotle was able to get some wins.

Evolution makes a Pokémon stronger so no Torterra did not get weaker from evolving.

The point is not weak it just didn’t really get a chance to really shine after it evolved.

Also the argument that oh Torterra is weak because it lost to Pokémon it had a type advantage against and Pikachu hasn’t lost to a Pokémon it has a type advantage against doesn’t work.

Pikachu has lost to Pokémon it had a type advantage against before like for instance Cress’s Panpour, not only that it almost got taken out by Kukui’s Empoleon, and it also lost to Viola’s Surskit as well as Falkner’s Pidgeot to name a few examples.

Not getting a chance to properly showcase itself does not equal weak.

Heck if anything Torterra has actually been shown to be pretty strong considering as a Grotle it actually was able to do pretty good against the frontier brain Palmer.

Not only that it was able to actually land a hit on and damage Bertha’s Hippowdon, keep in mind that Buizel, Pikachu, and Infernape were unable to damage Flint’s Infernape in any meaningful way.

Last edited:

SlimKennedy

They're really going out of their way not to acknowledge Ash as the champion of Alola, to aren't they? They had the perfect chance when they were revealing Iris' champion status, and they completely swept Ash's champion status under the rug.

For Dracovish's moveset, I really like the idea of upgrading Water Gun to Scald and adding Dragon Rush.

They're really going out of their way not to acknowledge Ash as the champion of Alola, to aren't they? They had the perfect chance when they were revealing Iris' champion status, and they completely swept Ash's champion status under the rug.

For Dracovish's moveset, I really like the idea of upgrading Water Gun to Scald and adding Dragon Rush.
that does not matter, the boy is very disinterested in these issues

Anyone noticed that when it is 2vs2 there is always someone to give Gou comments
Vs Korinna Korinna grandpa
Vs Vasquez gym assistents
Vs Bea karate master
Vs Bea Chuck
Vs Iris Drayden
I'm hoping now that we are in the ultra class some of these 2v2 battles will now turn into 3v3s or more and that way the master class can be full 6v6. Doubtful that it will happen but the potential is there and it would allow for more screentime for some of Ash's mons

Ash's Alola championship is an exaggeration. Alola is a league established for the first time.

Kiawe entered the top 4, Lana entered the top 8.

Kiawe and Lana would probably have been eliminated in Kalos in the first round.
I feel like this is a bit of an exaggeration as Kiawe from the start was set up to be a rival to Ash and already had strong mons like Charizard and Turtonator so I don't believe he would be out in the first round of any league. Lana may be a different story however maybe not the first round but definitely second I think

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I'm pretty sure more reserves are going to be used in the Ultra and Master Class. His current Pokemon can't compete with stronger trainers as shown in this is episode. Yes, Dragonite won but it was heavily damaged.

Also, the Ultra Class will probably have 3v3 or more battles and could have 2 parter episodes for some battles.

What I hope for:

Pikachu/Infernape/Torterra vs Volkner
Pikachu vs Lt. Surge
Mega Lucario/Sirfetch'd vs Bea
Gengar/Muk vs Sabrina

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I wonder if there was any specific reason for Goh to not catch Pansage. Maybe the staff already had an episode with Cilan in mind so they decided to not give him one?

Since Goh already caught two Pokémon own by past companions can't imagine that's the reason they didn't have him catch a Pansage.

Zariful

I'm cautiously optimistic about the past Pokémon doing plot relevant things beyond Infernape fighting that Moltres. But we'll see. I wonder if the rank increases will be relatively small going forward. Or maybe he'll get back to getting some losses. Cause I think the only times he's lost world championship matches was against Bea and those two other fights cause he had ptsd about getting up close. And then he had that major offscreen land increase in rank.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Since Goh already caught two Pokémon own by past companions can't imagine that's the reason they didn't have him catch a Pansage.
who need pansage when he have better pansage who could heal plant

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I wonder if there was any specific reason for Goh to not catch Pansage. Maybe the staff already had an episode with Cilan in mind so they decided to not give him one?
That's what I thought when I watched.
Some people say 'he can't have two Grass monkeys' but I don't see why that'd stop him. He still captured a Fire type when Scorbunny was the focus, same with Sobble. Pansage would just get thrown in the lab and forgotten like Darmanitan and every other Water type apart from Dewgong/Kaijukarp. There'll probably be a scene with Pansage meeting them

I think we might actually see all of the past companions if they stick to the 'one episode' treatment, though Dawn and Gary feel like exceptions to that rule. If they do this though, we better get a montage of them watching Ash in the top 8 like the old days with the Hoenn/Sinnoh Leagues and the Wallace Cup!

Well it makes sense, Ash comes off as humble. You don't really see him bragging about the Orange Islands(People wouldn't even know what that was lol) or the Battle Frontier. Bragging is something that Gary(Mr. ten badges lol), Iris or Goh would do

It's Alola that bothered me as the others should have said something about it, especially as the episode touched on everything else even Lillie and Team Rocket's Pokemon! I don't really like mentioning it but that's pretty much the way I write it, other characters bring it up but Ash himself doesn't really mention it that often if at all.
Also, the Ultra Class will probably have 3v3 or more battles and could have 2 parter episodes for some battles.
That's what we've all hoped for every time Ash advances, just makes us feel like a broken record as it remains 2v2 every time. Hopefully we'll find out fairly soon with a PWC match and get pleasantly surprised with a 3v3 match. They'll have to for sure make certain characters like Paul/Kiawe/Alain/Gary two parts though, unless they drop the Goh stuff altogether and simply focus on the match. This week's episode handled it way better I must say, makes me a bit hopeful that they're calming down on that. Save his captures for filler and non-PWC episodes, it's irritating and unnecessary that it occurs every time Ash does a PWC match, especially when the next episode(s) have zip! This time was shorter and had him attempt to catch Iris, so it was less random and felt less forced than say Bellsprout and Chinchou. It cuts into the battle time and makes interactions more rushed so hopefully if Ash does start doing 3v3 they keep Goh's captures out of PWC episodes. Similar to how Team Rocket stopped stealing in gym episodes, it had to stop eventually

Also never gonna let the Surge's Mega Ampharos dream die! :cool:
Raichu vs Pikachu is definitely gonna occur, they avoided it for a reason. But Surge's team is sure to have grown showcasing his growth as he no longer relies on a singular Pokemon, Mega Evolution showcasing that as his bond with Ampharos allows them to handle Mega Evolution!

....I just realized something, ya think Volkner's Jolteon will be the Jolteon Chloe's Eevee will meet? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.