• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The funny thing about the Everstone is that Rowlet isn't even against evolving, it just likes that particular rock for its Seed Bomb. Pretty much it's the writers insert to the fans saying "Hey, we aren't evolving the owl, so don't even bother"

charinija

Pokemon Master
I don't think Serena will return in this series. She may be mentioned as the Performer, but I don't think she will return.

Serena is the only pokegirl to not return in the next series. Even one of the two characters who did not return in anime history, the other is Cilan.

I think Cilan can return in this series. By the way.

The reason Serena's not returning is if Serena turns to Ash anymore, I think she will return as her girlfriend.

I think the writers don't want to ruin Serena and Ash's special relationship. The scene where they said goodbye was a kiss scene.

I think Serena will turn the other way when she returns to Ash.

In the anime, Professor Kukui got married and had a baby. Now it's ridiculous and illogical that Ash is 10 years old.

At some point, Ash get old and has a girlfriend. Serena is best candiate ı think. And that's why Serena won't be back.

It seems like we will wait for Serena as we expected Pidgeot. Lol

I don't think Serena will return in this series. She may be mentioned as the Performer, but I don't think she will return.

Serena is the only pokegirl to not return in the next series. Even one of the two characters who did not return in anime history, the other is Cilan.

I think Cilan can return in this series. By the way.

The reason Serena's not returning is if Serena turns to Ash anymore, I think she will return as her girlfriend.

I think the writers don't want to ruin Serena and Ash's special relationship. The scene where they said goodbye was a kiss scene.

I think Serena will turn the other way when she returns to Ash.

In the anime, Professor Kukui got married and had a baby. Now it's ridiculous and illogical that Ash is 10 years old.

At some point, Ash get old and has a girlfriend. Serena is best candiate ı think. And that's why Serena won't be back.

It seems like we will wait for Serena as we expected Pidgeot. Lol
Watch her return and then Ash ages and gets together with her

charinija

Pokemon Master
the problem is May's VA isn't doing Voice work as much as she used if at all anymore, or something to that effect.

with DP remakes coming if contests are brought up even if it's only for an episode, then I expect Dawn or possibly Serena since she did go to hoenn to start doing them (possibly both girls since they are so popular in a contest against each other) show them off.

Sound is not a problem. Pokemon company may go for a change of voice. I don't think the sound will be a problem. I believe they will show the contest contests somehow

. Writers like to show Goh. I think someone May or Dawn will be back for sure.

I don't think Serena return in this series.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, but I personally thought that XY's cast and SM's cast were among the worst precisely because there were too many characters. I still maintain that XY could've done without Eureka, and SM could've done without Mao, Suiren, and Maamane.

Yeah, I was agreeing with you. Although, the more I think about it more, I think the XY gang barely passes the okay mark. Max wishes he was Bonnie. Serena's development was super late and rushed at the end.

Honestly, I think the XY gang would have been better if it was Ash, Clemont and Bonnie with a rotating 4th cast member like BW did.

Korrina, Serena, Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno could have joined at various points of the journey in XY with Serena promoted to main cast at the switch to XYZ.

In BW there were multiple arcs with a 4th companion, Bianca, Luke, Meowth, Stephan, and Dawn. So it would have been nice for them to reuse and refine that idea in XY.

As for Alola I would argue that Mallow and Sophocles were the only dead weight. Ash and Kiawe were the battlers, Lillie had her development, but I wouldn't want Lana out. A lot of the Ash and Lana episodes were really good and I love how passionate she got.

Something that early SM did well was having duo character episodes with Ash and a classmate. After a while, ALL the kids would appear as a group and no one would stand out. The character development would have worked out better if they allowed Ash to have minor appearances here and there so two classmates could have the spotlight. For example, a Lillie and Sophocles episode where they visit Molayne, or a Kiawe and Mallow episode where he takes her to a remote island for special ingredients.

The problem that Journeys has is that they finally have the dual protagonist deal...but the 2nd protagonist is written in a way that he's really polarizing that there's people that hate him or love him. Development is still so badly handled between the two mains that people cling onto the potential 3rd wheel because her development is much more interesting than what we are getting.

ShadowForce720

The funny thing about the Everstone is that Rowlet isn't even against evolving, it just likes that particular rock for its Seed Bomb. Pretty much it's the writers insert to the fans saying "Hey, we aren't evolving the owl, so don't even bother"
No, its more of a case of them giving themselves a out. So basically it’s more that there saying they weren’t evolving at that particular time, but they could still have enough wiggle room that if they wanted to bring Rowlet back and evolve it they could.

If they truly wanted to send a message that Rowlet would never evolve then they would have just have Rowlet show that it doesn’t want to evolve sort of like how Pikachu and Piplup were.

The fact that they didn’t have Rowlet express any opinion on evolving and that it took the Everstone because it thought it was a tasty rock and help it use Seed Bomb, basically because the writers didn’t want to rule out Rowlet evolving in the future.

esquilo09

First mythical Pokémon - Shaymin
First Ultra Beast - Poipole
First pink mon - G-Slowpoke
Third Ice type - Snom
First canine - Rockruff
Second Steel type - A-Dugtrio
Second 4th gen mon - Bidoof
First equine - K-Ponyta
First bovine - Tauros
First caprinae - Mareep
First pachiderm - Rhyhorn
First ursidae - Kubfu
First Pika Clone - Mimikyu
Are rhinoceros pachiderm? I thought only elephants were pachiderm.

Pretty much it's the writers insert to the fans saying "Hey, we aren't evolving the owl, so don't even bother"
If they truly wanted to send a message that Rowlet would never evolve then they would have just have Rowlet show that it doesn’t want to evolve sort of like how Pikachu and Piplup were.
What is the point of this discussion?

If they question is can or cannot, the answer is of course it can evolve. They can just make Rowlet lose the Everstone. The writers can even make Piplup change his mind. As for Pikachu, He can gigantamax, game logic means he cannot evolve but we don't know if it also apply in the anime.

If the question is likely or not likely, the answer lean to not likely. The writer will only evolve Rowlet if it serve some purpose which as of now there is none.

Why are we using such random *** criteria to list potential captures?

Who goes and looks at the Pokémon listings and goes "oh yeah [character] hasn't caught their bovine for the series yet"?
Only if the character is Goh.
I think Cilan can return in this series. By the way
Goh did not get Pansage might indicate Cilan return. Maybe Goh will mistakenly attempt to catch Cilan's Pansage.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
In the last poster that showed Absol, Infernape and Alolan Ninetales; we know Goh captured Absol and Ash's Infernape is going to return. Personally, I want to believe the Aolan Ninetales will go for Ash because it covers to Pokemon Types that Ash almost lacks: Ice and Fairy. Not to mention it would make a reference to another previous partner of Ash, Lillie.

There's going to be an incoming episode where Ash and Goh are going to be in a snowed mountain; so it would be obvious to suppose the Alolan Ninetales will appear here.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sorry, I don't know where else to ask this, however it is character related and has the potential to play out later in the series.

Would you consider Goh as Ash's best human friend?

A lot of people would probably say Brock, but I see him as more of an older brotherly figure to Ash.

In a way, Ash and Goh's relationship reminds me a lot of Gon and Killua's from HxH. They're both the same age. One's rash, the other one's calm and collected. They have different goals but share ambition as well as a love for pokémon, and get along so well. I feel like they're meant to learn from one another.
HAHAHAHA No

Dawn and Kiawe/Sophocles still exist

Decidueye23

Sorry, I don't know where else to ask this, however it is character related and has the potential to play out later in the series.

Would you consider Goh as Ash's best human friend?

A lot of people would probably say Brock, but I see him as more of an older brotherly figure to Ash.

In a way, Ash and Goh's relationship reminds me a lot of Gon and Killua's from HxH. They're both the same age. One's rash, the other one's calm and collected. They have different goals but share ambition as well as a love for pokémon, and get along so well. I feel like they're meant to learn from one another.
Pretty much every companion other than Serena can be considered Ash's best friend. Besides. I feel like Ash is the type of person who is best friends with whoever he is close to. He wont chose between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.