• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scuff

Squirtle Squad
One thing I do wonder is how likely returnees will be Anime-original characters. So far, not counting borderline cases like Deliah and Gary, who are direct Anime adaptations of Red's mother and Blue respectively, or the Team Rocket Trio who are grandfathered in, no returnee has been an Anime-original character. They've all been game-original characters who had roles in the Anime in the past (and Wikstrom, who's an old game-original character who debuts for the first time).

Well, I guess Team Rocket would be the only exception, in the form of Matori (and her squad if any of them were the same as the ones in Sun and Moon}. But that's about it. And it doesn't really seem like any Anime-original returnees are on the horizon, only game-original ones.

If the theory/rumor about Mega Lucario for Ash becomes a real thing and Korrina becomes the one who gives/trains Ash in that regard, then it is possible.
I mean the only returning characters so far otherwise have been the Alola guys and Iris so I don't think there's any reason to doubt anime exclusives from returning. That being said, the only ones I think really have much of a shot are Paul, Tobias, Tyson, and Alain. Most characters who could realistically return have game counterparts anyways like Misty, Brock, Dawn, or Serena.

Scuff

Squirtle Squad
I think Paul was Ash's strongest opponent. But Alain is also very strong.

If we don't count Tobias as a rival, of course.

Not only Alain should return to PWC, but also Paul.

If even the iris has developed this much, Paul has become very powerful.
I agree that I think Tobias was stronger than Alain. Paul or Alain is a lot trickier since Ash never beat Torterra who we know is by far Paul's strongest pokemon and Drapion and Electivire put in more work against Ash's team than any of Alain's pokemon other than Charizard iirc. Personally, I want all three to return with Paul and Alain being some of the last hyper class matches (maybe in the top 20-15ish) and Tobias being one of the 8 in master class. Do you guys think we'll see all 8 before Ash gets the points to pass one of them or only the 7 that are up there when he reaches the tier?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pretty much every companion other than Serena can be considered Ash's best friend. Besides. I feel like Ash is the type of person who is best friends with whoever he is close to. He wont chose between them.
I think his bond with Gou is the most relatable one thus far, however. While it's hard to judge which of Satoshi's friends was the closest to him, I find his friendship with Gou to be the most normal one in terms of their interactions being seamless and realistic for the most part. It probably has to do with them usually traveling as a duo rather than a trio, though.

AsH KetcHHup

I'd rather not have Tobias in the Master Class. I'd rather have him somewhere in the top half in the ultra class. He probably was stronger than Alain as well.

I think as far as the show goes, "three" is the magic number for how many main cast members we can have. After all the show still has to juggle said set with all their party pokémon, Team Rocket, the recurring characters that pop up every once in a while (like Oak or Delia) and not to mention the numerous CotDs. That's a lot.
Now I understand why as the seasons passed, the new companions had less Pokemon in their team.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Does anyone else here think the figure that the human figure between Volkner and the back figure could possibly be Kabu?

I mean when you really compare the middle left figure to Kabu it does sort of look like him.
I hope. Kabu is my second favorite Galar Gym Leader.
Sorry, I don't know where else to ask this, however it is character related and has the potential to play out later in the series.

Would you consider Goh as Ash's best human friend?

A lot of people would probably say Brock, but I see him as more of an older brotherly figure to Ash.

In a way, Ash and Goh's relationship reminds me a lot of Gon and Killua's from HxH. They're both the same age. One's rash, the other one's calm and collected. They have different goals but share ambition as well as a love for pokémon, and get along so well. I feel like they're meant to learn from one another.
Honestly he’s close but I wouldn’t call him his best friend. I’d say Brock, Misty, Dawn, Clemont, or Kiawe are more suitable to be his best friend (you could argue Gary since their in game counterparts are best friends) but as someone else said, I don’t think Ash would be the type to point out one of his friends as his best friend.
Do you think Korrina will even reappear, seeing how everyone from the old cast is currently only for 1ep?
I think she will. She’ll probably have some role in Lucario’s development (Mega maybe?).

BrazilianPokeBr

Volkner and Bea returns
The third man could be a new Ash or Go rival
The fourth man is unpredictable(Surge?)
And the girl with a possible Vulpix could be:
Dawn(with a similary for your hair)
Lillie(with a another Vulpix)
Sabrina(?)
Nessa(probably)
Or a another new Koharu rival

Decidueye23

Volkner and Bea returns
The third man could be a new Ash or Go rival
The fourth man is unpredictable(Surge?)
And the girl with a possible Vulpix could be:
Dawn(with a similary for your hair)
Lillie(with a another Vulpix)
Sabrina(?)
Nessa(probably)
Or a another new Koharu rival
What would Koharu's rival do? Challenge her to see who can find a goal quickly?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Not yet haha, or not accurate at least.

Here:

KOBAYASHI-SAN'S BOLD PREDICTIONS:
A SATOSHI & GO & SHIGERU JUNE BRIDE Q&A

Q: WHICH OF THE THREE DO YOU THINK IS MOST LIKELY TO GET MARRIED FIRST?
Surely that would be Satoshi! He's very straightforward, so if he fell in love with someone, he'd go straight for it, wouldn't he? He'd probably just go "You're the only one for me! Let's get married!" or something (laughs).

Q: WHAT KIND OF WEDDING DO YOU THINK EACH OF THE THREE SHOULD HAVE?
Shigeru: Definitely a super extravagant one. Have a huge ceremony! And if you're going to do this, I want you to absolutely dress to kill, with a white tuxedo and a red rose!
Satoshi: I'd like you to have a nice and cozy dinner with just the family.
Go: You can't get married before you realize your dream! I won't allow you to marry until you grow a bit, both physically and mentally! (laughs)

Q: WHAT KIND OF PARTNER WOULD THEY BE IF THEY GOT MARRIED?
Shigeru: I think he might be a sophisticated, yet kind, husband. He's very neat and punctual, so he might want his partner to operate on that same level. But in general, I think he'd be considerate and kind.
Satoshi: Satoshi is cheerful, kind and reliable, so I think he'll be a good father. I'm sure he'll raise a kind and loving family, but he's a bit of a scatterbrain, so he'll probably get scolded by his partner a lot too (laughs).
Go: Go still seems to act like a needy child sometimes, so maybe he'd act that way with his partner too?

Q: HOW WOULD THE HOUSEHOLD CHORES BE SPLIT?
Shigeru: He'd be doing the cooking. Since he's a researcher, I think he'd sometimes get the urge to cook some really elaborate and extremely delicious dishes using luxury ingredients... This would only be when he got in the mood for it, though (laughs).
Satoshi: I'd like him to clean the bathroom and toilet! That's the most difficult chore. And I want him to clean properly so no mold grows around the water.
Go: I want him to do the laundry, then dry it, take it in and fold it. Folding laundry is surprisingly hard, isn't it? But that's the sort of stuff Go seems to be good at, so I want him to do it!

Might do the actual Kobayashi interview later.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Did a translation of the wedding stuff here, since that seems to be what people were most interested in:

KOBAYASHI-SAN'S BOLD PREDICTIONS:
A SATOSHI & GO & SHIGERU JUNE BRIDE Q&A

Q: WHICH OF THE THREE DO YOU THINK IS MOST LIKELY TO GET MARRIED FIRST?
Surely that would be Satoshi! He's very straightforward, so if he fell in love with someone, he'd go straight for it, wouldn't he? He'd probably just go "You're the only one for me! Let's get married!" or something (laughs).

Q: WHAT KIND OF WEDDING DO YOU THINK EACH OF THE THREE SHOULD HAVE?
Shigeru: Definitely a super extravagant one. Have a huge ceremony! And if you're going to do this, I want you to absolutely dress to kill, with a white tuxedo and a red rose!
Satoshi: I'd like you to have a nice and cozy dinner with just the family.
Go: You can't get married before you realize your dream! I won't allow you to marry until you grow a bit, both physically and mentally! (laughs)

Q: WHAT KIND OF PARTNER WOULD THEY BE IF THEY GOT MARRIED?
Shigeru: I think he might be a sophisticated, yet kind, husband. He's very neat and punctual, so he might want his partner to operate on that same level. But in general, I think he'd be considerate and kind.
Satoshi: Satoshi is cheerful, kind and reliable, so I think he'll be a good father. I'm sure he'll raise a kind and loving family, but he's a bit of a scatterbrain, so he'll probably get scolded by his partner a lot too (laughs).
Go: Go still seems to act like a needy child sometimes, so maybe he'd act that way with his partner too?

Q: HOW WOULD THE HOUSEHOLD CHORES BE SPLIT?
Shigeru: He'd be doing the cooking. Since he's a researcher, I think he'd sometimes get the urge to cook some really elaborate and extremely delicious dishes using luxury ingredients... This would only be when he got in the mood for it, though (laughs).
Satoshi: I'd like him to clean the bathroom and toilet! That's the most difficult chore. And I want him to clean properly so no mold grows around the water.
Go: I want him to do the laundry, then dry it, take it in and fold it. Folding laundry is surprisingly hard, isn't it? But that's the sort of stuff Go seems to be good at, so I want him to do it!

Might do the rest of the Kobayashi interview later.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd rather not have Tobias in the Master Class. I'd rather have him somewhere in the top half in the ultra class. He probably was stronger than Alain as well.
Given the way he was portrayed in DP, I think he'd be strong enough to be ranked in Master Class rather than Hyper Class. That being said, I don't honestly expect him to return since he's rather infamous among the fandom and probably wouldn't be received very well. Not to mention that aside from him beating Satoshi and having a Legendary and a Mythical Pokemon, his character had no other interesting traits.

ShadowForce720

Given the way he was portrayed in DP, I think he'd be strong enough to be ranked in Master Class rather than Hyper Class. That being said, I don't honestly expect him to return since he's rather infamous among the fandom and probably wouldn't be received very well. Not to mention that aside from him beating Satoshi and having a Legendary and a Mythical Pokemon, his character had no other interesting traits.
I mean to be fair if they did bring Tobias back they could easily expand on his character.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Does anyone else here think the figure that the human figure between Volkner and the back figure could possibly be Kabu?

I mean when you really compare the middle left figure to Kabu it does sort of look like him.
He seems just as likely as any other character that matches that silhouette.

One thing I do wonder is how likely returnees will be Anime-original characters. So far, not counting borderline cases like Deliah and Gary, who are direct Anime adaptations of Red's mother and Blue respectively, or the Team Rocket Trio who are grandfathered in, no returnee has been an Anime-original character. They've all been game-original characters who had roles in the Anime in the past (and Wikstrom, who's an old game-original character who debuts for the first time).

Well, I guess Team Rocket would be the only exception, in the form of Matori (and her squad if any of them were the same as the ones in Sun and Moon}. But that's about it. And it doesn't really seem like any Anime-original returnees are on the horizon, only game-original ones.
I'm willing to bet that the higher-ups want the anime to prioritize game-original characters over Anime-original characters. Also Wikstorm made cameo appearance in M17 before PM2019 056.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Iris appearing while being one of the least popular pokegirls would make it weird if the top 4 doesn’t appear (Serena, Dawn, Lillie and May).
No it wouldn’t. Iris never officially got a cameo like the others girls before her did. And chronologically deserved one. If the other girls appear it’s because they appear and nothing to do with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.