• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I think she will. She’ll probably have some role in Lucario’s development (Mega maybe?).
Probably the equivalent of the Tower of Mastery trial in the games, except that Ash already have a lucario.

Did a translation of the wedding stuff here, since that seems to be what people were most interested in:

Might do the rest of the Kobayashi interview later.
Wieeeerd thing for an interview. Basically, Gary is perfect, Ash is normal and Go is high maintenance. Poor things, their spouses...

D

Deleted member 384931

Did a translation of the wedding stuff here, since that seems to be what people were most interested in:

Might do the rest of the Kobayashi interview later.
This is fun discussion it. Meant to be a what if. But I can image it happening right away haha

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowForce720

I don't think it will catch anything else. He already has a full squad and doesn't need any more Pokémon.
That, hasn’t really stop him before. Plus I’m all honesty if they truly planned on Ash getting only 5 captures then they would have likely spread them out more and would have had more evolutions.

Consider that we still have a significant chunk of episodes left and that Gen 8 will probably last 4 years like gens 3 and 4 did, it seems unlikely they would just have Ash be done with his captures and team changes by episode 60.

As they tend to like to reserve some of Ash’s team changes for the later portion of the series to further hype people up.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

You know what I would like to see? Since Ash's Infernape is returning, and possibly be part of Ash's team again, later I would like there to be a part where Ash's Pignite evolves into Emboar, May Returns with her Blaziken and the three Pokémon, Blaziken, Infernape and Emboar battle to see who is the best Fire and Fighting starter Pokémon.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
You know what I just notice ash kinda only have at 5-6 least meaningful battle until this phase that related to his goal and Pokémon and progress , why do I feel all this pwc battle is played out kinda same or kinda parallel like his gym battle in past series that but without a badge , if we don’t count the offscreen battle and rank

1 . Vs surge assistant win ( first badge )
2 . Vs korrina win ( second badge )
3. Vs Bea lose and tie will rematch again soon in future
4. Vs random miner and Rinto lose (unofficial) and win next time in official pwc ( third badge )
5 . Vs iris ( win) ( fourth badge )

if this really how the writer gonna play out I kinda see they will skip hyper class rank like when ash in super rank skip to master class rank with only 4 meaningful battle , and I think the silhouette kinda foreshadow all his master class battle, I listed the battle order from behind to the front ( DISCLAIMER it’s just example , it could happen in any order )

Vs . Spike hair guy ( i kinda hope is Bruno ) if he win his rank rose 99 to 70-80 ( fifth badge)
Vs . Sabrina or Lillie ( LOL ) win his rank 70-80 rose to 50-60( 6th badge )
Vs. Kabu win rank rose from 50-60 to 30-40 ( 7th badge )
Vs. Volkner win rank rose from 30 -40 to 10-20( 8th badge )
Vs . Bea rival rematch for 8th place for advance to master class ala league preliminaries

and than boom ash join the master 8 as the 8th ranks and master class tournaments begin

and if he losing or drop rank he always can go up offscreen like when he in normal and superclass

Rune Knight

Ironic that you call the only black girl one of the least popular yet she ends up being the most successful. Karma has finally caught up with some of you and the backhanded comments that you think no one notices.
I believe they meant the most popular in terms of rankings.

I don't know if this comes from an official poll so I suggest not to take it as fact.

A lot of people are suggesting that one of silhouettes is Surge. While I am willing to accept one more Pikachu vs. Raichu battle, I'd be more accepting if it wasn't the case.

I'm glad that Volkner will likely not be using his own against Ash.

Last edited:

nickdt

You know what I would like to see? Since Ash's Infernape is returning, and possibly be part of Ash's team again, later I would like there to be a part where Ash's Pignite evolves into Emboar, May Returns with her Blaziken and the three Pokémon, Blaziken, Infernape and Emboar battle to see who is the best Fire and Fighting starter Pokémon.

Thats Emboar. It just uses Heat Crash and Infernape and Blaziken are as flat as a pancake.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
This thread is a giving me a headache. I’m not sure that these polls are any more of any indicators on who’s more popular than ratings are judging how popular XY was tbh. Things like this can be extremely arbitrary. Not to mention this poll was conducted before her appearance. I am glad the Pokémon company didn’t listen to the peanut gallery and still allowed an “unpopular” character to return and objectively give her the best upgrade of any past companion. Also Aoi Yuki was voted 24th place on a poll called “characters you’d like to hear voices again” and she had the only Pokémon role to reach that list.

Last edited:

Rune Knight

This thread is a giving me a headache. I’m not sure that these polls are any more of any indicators on who’s more popular than ratings are judging how popular XY was tbh. Things like this can be extremely arbitrary. Not to mention this poll was conducted before her appearance. I am glad the Pokémon company didn’t listen to the peanut gallery and still allowed an “unpopular” character to return and objectively give her the best upgrade of any past companion. Also Aoi Yuki was voted 24th place on a poll called “characters you’d like to hear voices again” and she had the only Pokémon role to reach that list.
Just in case, I wasn't saying that I believe in the poll. I simply pointed in its direction because I believe it was what the earlier person was referring to when they talked about who the four most popular girls are.

RafaSceptile

Yeah, this reminds me to that time where Raihan and Leon where ranked as 1st and 2nd in an anime popularity poll in Japan, above Ash and Goh who were ranked around the 20th place.
Those popularity polls really doesn't said so much.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Yeah, this reminds me to that time where Raihan and Leon where ranked as 1st and 2nd in an anime popularity poll in Japan, above Ash and Goh who were ranked around the 20th place.
Those popularity polls really doesn't said so much.
Shhh don’t people because this poll is congruent proof that Iris deserved to be locked in a dungeon until Serena, May and Dawn return. How dare she come back before them.

Just in case, I wasn't saying that I believe in the poll. I simply pointed in its direction because I believe it was what the earlier person was referring to when they talked about who the four most popular girls are.
Oh yeah I didn’t mean to make seem like I was attacking you. People have been using polls to spin narratives.

RafaSceptile

Shhh don’t people because this poll is congruent proof that Iris deserved to be locked in a dungeon until Serena, May and Dawn return. How dare she come back before them.
This reminds me to a situation where in FEH (a gacha game) where a character with 13 votes in an official poll was added to the game before characters with 14,000 votes.

If an official poll is not a "must" for priorities between characters, an unofficial poll even less.

Rune Knight

Another notable example are the most requested characters for Smash. Though this has more to do with obtaining the character rights.

jfdg8ry0nel31-1.jpg

In Pokémon's case, it may also have to do with which VAs they're able to get back, since most are likely busy with other projects and with life in general.

The Pokémon that the characters own also have VAs of their own, although in some cases they can use archived audio.

Notice how Iris' Axew did not have any speaking lines even in the flashbacks? Likely because they weren't able to get its VA to return, but they were able to use the fact that it evolved as an incentive to provide it with a new voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.