• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I mean i can see the logic of thinking to prioritize popular characters for returns, and in the case of the pokegirls, iris being a relatively unpopular one results in a lower chance. But clearly popularity isn’t the single deciding factor when they brought back chuck for whatever reason.

Though it wouldn’t matter anyways if they decide to bring everyone back in one way or another by the end.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Since both Urshifu forms seem to be going to the new OCs I'm not sure what Ash is getting next. Maybe Toxricity
Wasn't there already some rumor which said Ash would be getting a Toxel, some months back, which turned out to be false?
what you think he'll get next besides toxricity
From how things have been going until now, it seems that the Writers are selecting some of Ash's captures based on Fan demand/wish, which is why he ended up getting,
- Dragonite (its an OG Pokemon, plus if i remember right, people complained somewhat when Iris was able to get one easily, but Ash haven't been able to get one for years)
- Gengar (its an OG Pokemon, plus a Fan favorite for Ash since that Gastly line episode in OG Series)
- Lucario (a Fan favorite for Ash since Movie 8)
- Dracovish (Fans have been waiting for a Fossil Pokemon for Ash for many years).

Well, on the other hand, they had ignore some of Fan demands, like Ash & Flygon was also a fan favorite, since Movie 6 (probably didn't get it because Author planned for Ash to get Dragonite).

To me, Ash needs
- Bug type (only had 2 until now)
- Dark type (which actually uses Dark type moves other than Bite or Church)
- Fairy type (while he has Mr.Mime, its treated more of a Psychic type, and its position is somewhat questionable)
- Ghost type (only Gengar isn't enough)
- Ice type (only had 1 until now)
- Poison type (only 1, which is treated as one, though haven't battled for a long time)
- Psychic type (has Mr.Mime, but its position in his team is questionable)
- Steel type (only has 1 until now, which also uses a Steel type move)

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That, hasn’t really stop him before. Plus I’m all honesty if they truly planned on Ash getting only 5 captures then they would have likely spread them out more and would have had more evolutions.

Consider that we still have a significant chunk of episodes left and that Gen 8 will probably last 4 years like gens 3 and 4 did, it seems unlikely they would just have Ash be done with his captures and team changes by episode 60.

As they tend to like to reserve some of Ash’s team changes for the later portion of the series to further hype people up.
Well, unlike other recent sagas Ash will be using his reserves.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I hope he adds Pidgeot back to his party at some point.
Doubt it though.
Since Pidgeot and Primeape didn't get to reappear yet, even though Ash only left Pidgeot to take care of the others, while left Primeape to train (Butterfree doesn't count, as it was a permanent release).
Squirtle, Lapras, Goodra & Poipole/Naganadel already appeared back once after Ash left them.
Well, unlike other recent sagas Ash will be using his reserves.
He might, as we aren't sure yet.

Morax

King of heroes
Though it wouldn’t matter anyways if they decide to bring everyone back in one way or another by the end.
Exactly, i think that's what they have in mind. All of his companions cheering for him in his final battle against Leon. Le ebin power of friendship is magic moment.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I am glad the Pokémon company didn’t listen to the peanut gallery and still allowed an “unpopular” character to return and objectively give her the best upgrade of any past companion.
Actually, while Iris is unpopular 'least popular' with the Fans, she is actually the "Writer's Favorite/Pet", considering how easy of a time she had during the whole BW Saga.
While Ash, the protag of the whole Pokemon Anime, didn't get anything worth it during the BW Saga, and only won a throwaway competition on a Cruise ship at the end.
Heck, none of the other Traveling Female cast had such an easy time as Iris in their journey.

Edit: Fixed

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Actually, while Iris is unpopular with the Fans, she is actually the "Writers Favorite", considering how easy of a time she had during the whole BW Saga.
While Ash, the protag of the whole Pokemon Anime, didn't get anything worth it during the BW Saga, and only won a throwaway competition on a Cruise ship at the end.
Heck, none of the other Traveling Female cast had such an easy time as Iris in their journey.
There is difference between being the least popular and being unpopular. I don’t think Iris is extremely unpopular in Japan and I highly doubt the Pokémon cares about the fandom opinion outside of Japan especially them being upset over a catchphrase.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
There is difference between being the least popular and being unpopular. I don’t think Iris is extremely unpopular in Japan and I highly doubt the Pokémon cares about the fandom opinion outside of Japan especially them being upset over a catchphrase.
While i fixed that part, but i never said, Iris was "extremely unpopular".
Just like there is difference between being least popular and being unpopular; there is difference between unpopular and extremely unpopular.
And, what i mentioned was based on what i remember regarding Japanese Fandom during BW Saga (i never consider Western Fandom when making comments based on "opinions" regarding Anime, because i know the Anime production company doesn't care about Western views).

Sham

The Guardian of War
While i fixed that part, but i never said, Iris was "extremely unpopular".
Just like there is difference between being least popular and being unpopular; there is difference between unpopular and extremely unpopular.
And, what i mentioned was based on what i remember regarding Japanese Fandom during BW Saga (i never consider Western Fandom when making comments based on "opinions" regarding Anime, because i know the Anime production company doesn't care about Western views).
Yeah I’m not arguing that Iris is popular in Japan just that she isn’t heavily disliked as other people try to spin the narrative. I also don’t see that many Japanese people speak ill of Iris and the reception of her returning was pretty nice. The “extremely unpopular” bit was less towards you and more so towards people who claim that.

Ibrahim Saidu

Wasn't there already some rumor which said Ash would be getting a Toxel, some months back, which turned out to be false?

From how things have been going until now, it seems that the Writers are selecting some of Ash's captures based on Fan demand/wish, which is why he ended up getting,
- Dragonite (its an OG Pokemon, plus if i remember right, people complained somewhat when Iris was able to get one easily, but Ash haven't been able to get one for years)
- Gengar (its an OG Pokemon, plus a Fan favorite for Ash since that Gastly line episode in OG Series)
- Lucario (a Fan favorite for Ash since Movie 8)
- Dracovish (Fans have been waiting for a Fossil Pokemon for Ash for many years).

Well, on the other hand, they had ignore some of Fan demands, like Ash & Flygon was also a fan favorite, since Movie 6 (probably didn't get it because Author planned for Ash to get Dragonite).

To me, Ash needs
- Bug type (only had 2 until now)
- Dark type (which actually uses Dark type moves other than Bite or Church)
- Fairy type (while he has Mr.Mime, its treated more of a Psychic type, and its position is somewhat questionable)
- Ghost type (only Gengar isn't enough)
- Ice type (only had 1 until now)
- Poison type (only 1, which is treated as one, though haven't battled for a long time)
- Psychic type (has Mr.Mime, but its position in his team is questionable)
- Steel type (only has 1 until now, which also uses a Steel type move)
What about Absol

Morax

King of heroes
Yeah I’m not arguing that Iris is popular in Japan just that she isn’t heavily disliked as other people try to spin the narrative
Where are you getting this? I don't remember anyone ever saying iris was heavily disliked in japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.