• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
With the PWC they basically wrote themselves into a corner. They can't reset him without doing a full continuity reboot now, and it would be hard to justify keeping Ash around past this saga except in a mentor role to a new protagonist.

well to be fair, they can still keep doing the PWC, if Ash loses he retries, if he wins he defends his title.

but as far as sending him back to collecting things like badges...i think we're beyond that.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
So I'm kinda super late to the party here, and I've been wanting to ask this for a while. Does all this merch (toys, advertisements and other junk) I see pics of tie into the anime? Like would Hatenna, Eiscue, Falinks, Darkrai, Tyranitar etc. appear in the anime, or did they just pic random Pokémon with know intention of having them appear in Journeys?
If it has the anime JN logo then it is sometimes connected. Not 1-1.
Eu8JjlNXAAAWvWG
EtwOTBmXAAAgSXM
EsI0OCAWMAAvL4t
EtJdus2XcAQxNpY
EscpmW2XcAI_-Qv
Eujc3HCWgAE9beD
EzsWB4FWQAEdv7Y
E0D6oU6VUAATsGn
Ez8AEBBVkAYgsJn
Es1Rh4XXAAY7TvM
E0Kd48YXEBYhRUE
E0vhxcDWQAQAzJD
06RKjmd.jpg
4904810177609_c2499648582548e0bf38ee7a747ab760.jpg
E1U3aB3UYAIsnpx

Master Pikachu 11

Not playing devil's advocate but everything about JN screams "Last season". All of these old friends and rivals returning, Ash revisiting old regions, the world championship. The status quo has been broken. Anything is possible right now,
Anything is possible except for that, we know what Goh’s goal is which is to catch Mew, that is the main Pokémon that he wants the most of all the Pokémon. With that said, We don’t know what being a Pokémon Master is and when Goh and Chloe tried to get more info out of him in regards to what it means to be a Pokémon Master, all Ash would say is that it’s more then just being a World Champion/ best trainer in the world. So if this was the last series, then they would have revealed what being a Pokémon Master is. Anyway, my theory is that if his goal is similar to Iris and to be able to fully understand and grow as one with all kinds of Pokémon, then Ash is still going to be here for a while.

Morax

King of heroes
Anything is possible except for that, we know what Goh’s goal is which is to catch Mew, that is the main Pokémon that he wants the most of all the Pokémon. With that said, We don’t know what being a Pokémon Master is and when Goh and Chloe tried to get more info out of him in regards to what it means to be a Pokémon Master, all Ash would say is that it’s more then just being a World Champion/ best trainer in the world. So if this was the last series, then they would have revealed what being a Pokémon Master is. Anyway, my theory is that if his goal is similar to Iris and to be able to fully understand and grow as one with all kinds of Pokémon, then Ash is still going to be here for a while.
A pokemon master literally don't exist. It's something ash made up but that does not mean they can't put an end to his journey :
Ash wins the PWC ~ Timeskip ~ Ash is now a pokemon master and has a kid who's about to start his/her own journey.

"world" championship is endgame content. Being the strongest trainer is the end of the line.

There is no reason to worry because he is not going to be replaced because he isn’t a Pokémon Master and besides his Pikachu is more popular then any other Pikachu that has appeared in the anime, so no matter how many people on here continue to post that he needs to be replaced, it most likely won’t happen.
Yes, but that's what AU Ash is for, it's not a bad idea

After all, we have a different Ash since BW xD

charinija

Pokemon Master
I don't know if Ash should leave or not.

But if I were a pokemon writer, the last thing I would do would be to separate Ash.

What will happen if you break Ash? With a new character, you'll do exactly what he did with Ash.

Maybe the main Pokemon will not be Pikachu but Squirtle. One by one, you will fill all areas with character.

Maybe you will gain new viewers, but you will lose the old ones.

I wouldn't retire Ash when there are so many places to go.

If the pokemon anime is to be completely finished then it's okay, but there is no point in doing the same things again with a new character.

And after Ash becomes champion, he can go to new regions and embark on new adventures.

Maybe if the person in the new story wants to be the coordinator or not the pokmeon master, or if he has a new purpose.

But I think the continue of Ash and Pikachu would be the right choice for anime.

Like PWC, different stories will be created in different region.

Ash has more places to go, such as Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Greece, Egypt, Africa and Korea.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
well to be fair, they can still keep doing the PWC, if Ash loses he retries, if he wins he defends his title.

but as far as sending him back to collecting things like badges...i think we're beyond that.
The PWC is not feasible as a goal beyond this gen unless they find some way to send Ash all the way back down to the bottom.

D

Deleted member 384931

Do you think Satoshi will catch a new pokemon? Or will he use his current team(+reserves?)?

Decidueye23

Do you think Satoshi will catch a new pokemon? Or will he use his current team(+reserves?)?
I hope he gets new pokemon. There is probably 120 episodes more if we are looking at a 4 year series. I also dont know how they will prolong the PWC. Maybe have Ash train in an IoA arc. Many possibilities. He could also get some new form/pokemon if they are introduced in legends arceus He cant be only using these pokemon. So i think he'll get some new ones.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Likely another new one along with using reserves, just the reality of it even if you don't like it.

nickdt

I hope he gets new pokemon. There is probably 120 episodes more if we are looking at a 4 year series. I also dont know how they will prolong the PWC. Maybe have Ash train in an IoA arc. Many possibilities. He could also get some new form/pokemon if they are introduced in legends arceus He cant be only using these pokemon. So i think he'll get some new ones.

I don't think this is a four year series. If we have 2 years left, why would they rush the PWC and do the Project Mew arc now instead of next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.