• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Knight

I Apologize if that is pointless to ask but... I think it's the time for unpopular opinion.
Why don't Pokemon Writers LOVE to write Alola much as Hoenn and Kalos? I thought those episodes are good Except for SOME filler episodes, Unova could be written better in some fanfiction if done right, as for Alola? They could be written better too without comedy.

Did you perhaps also mean why there are not too many episodes set in Alola compared to those other regions? A lot of people have suggested that it is because it is a recent region that is still mostly fresh in the viewer's minds compared to the other ones. I do believe that this is most likely the case.

I feel like whenever they'll decide to return to Alola, they'll have no other choice but to indict continuity, making it more production-heavy in a sense since they'd also have to bring in previous voice actors to reprise their roles. Hopefully, we will get another one soon. I am hoping for at least one for every year.

AsH KetcHHup

So what episodes you thibk we might get for july
Assuming that Project Mew episodes are going to be spread over the course of the series. I think it's safe to assume that we are going to get a new OP soon with all the new content coming up with mega lucario, gengar getting some focus (gigantamax gengar been appearing in merch quite a bit), ultra class members and probably at least 2 old companions. One of them is most likely going to be Dawn with all the piplup merch. I'm expecting a month of filler and maybe 1 episode contributing to plot.

DuskAstral

I think it's safe to assume that we are going to get a new OP soon with all the new content
As for the new content, I agree, but the OP will remain the same (as far as I know, only the people who sing it change).
One of them is most likely going to be Dawn with all the piplup merch.
I think it's a bit early for Dawn to come back. If she was to come back because of the BDSP promotion, it better be back in the fall (to be closer to the game release).

AsH KetcHHup

As for the new content, I agree, but the OP will remain the same (as far as I know, only the people who sing it change).
I meant new visuals and scenes.
I think it's a bit early for Dawn to come back. If she was to come back because of the BDSP promotion, it better be back in the fall (to be closer to the game release).
She probably wouldn't appear until 3-4 months after the new OP anyways.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I Apologize if that is pointless to ask but... I think it's the time for unpopular opinion.
Why don't Pokemon Writers LOVE to write Alola much as Hoenn and Kalos? I thought those episodes are good Except for SOME filler episodes, Unova could be written better in some fanfiction if done right, as for Alola? They could be written better too without comedy.
Cause Alola doesn't need episodes??
We were just there and there's only a few Alola Pokemon I even want to see due to them not being done justice(Komodo line/Sandslash. And Ash's Incineroar in a fight but this can happen anywhere)

I'd much rather get Unova episodes, it's been a long time and we don't see much Unova Pokemon at all, and Ash hasn't faced quite a few characters there. He beat everyone in Alola apart from Kiawe, why do I want a rematch against anyone this soon? He's the only one there I wanna see Ash face as we were constantly robbed of a battle! Unova has Grimsley(my hopes and dreams), Shauntal, that guy whose name always escapes me, Caitlin, Marlon, Drayden.. and a possible rematch with Cilan against Subway bros!

Unova and Johto are the only ones that need episodes

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I want some episodes involving ash not just goh in fact based on my last post Why not have him bond with an espeon/umbreon like in yesterday's episode where James befriended morpkeo but ash saves espeon/urmbeon from danger and start admiring him and they interact with eevee as ash tells the story of what happened to goh and Chloe. in the end eevee wants umbreon/ espeon to stay since they grew a bond
I definitely want ash to have more focus but I don’t think he should get an eeveelution this time around. Maybe in a future region where there’s an eeveelution that’s a dragon type or something

Morax

King of heroes
You're literally the only one who thinks that lol
So? We're just exchanging opinions, that's the point of forums.

I don't think living in a country is any different than traversing it, especially when you're spending your time with the same people. Ash spent his alola days with Kukui and burnett ; similarly he spent his hoenn days with brock, may and max. The "living together" part is all the same. If spending time together is your definition of a family then Ash-serena-bonnie-clemont are a family and yet they're never advertised as such. kukui and burnett are certainly promoted as "ore no arora kazoku" every episode which makes it even more annoying. It doesn't feel organic or natural at all.

That being said it's not like i hate SM in particular. I'm not a fan of le family dynamic and SoL in general.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Because it would take the needed attention of Koharu. It wasn't for Eevee that was introduced to suddenly become completely out of focus.
As I said before, it’ll be very disappointing if every eeveelution centered event is a Chloe episode. But, no one can do nothing if that’s the case.

So anyone has any idea what to expect from the new opening next week
More Project Mew scenes, Ash, pikachu and Go running along assorted pokemon, special guest characters, obligatory Leon cameo, Chloe being Chloe, obligatory Team Rocket funny cameo and, with some luck, Ash’s team with new additions.

Rune Knight

I am mostly looking forward to a teaser containing possible returning characters.

For the last two intros, they included major characters that were integral to Ash's journey. Even Korrina was somewhat of a travelling companion in Ash's group, so I am hoping that this is also the case this time, and not made to just tease Volkner.

Since we had Alola, followed by a BW Rep, I think that the next big set of returning characters should either be May & Max or Clemont & Bonnie.

I feel like they can save Dawn until after the release of BD/SP. Of course, they can always have multiple returning big characters which I definitely would not mind, do not think it's plausible though, at least not at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.