• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaSceptile

I think the Leaugue is what left such a bad taste for unova in general for many people, myself included. Up until the Virbank gym, i enjoyed BW quite alot.
The League, the interesting but very weak Episode N and the DA filler, basically almost everything about S16. Not even Charizard's return saved S16's reputation.

Morax

King of heroes
I don't see how it is superficial when they put very emphasis on the family relationship of all of those three characters since the end of the Aether Foundation arc
tumblr_pt3qh0cNDc1we8bbp_1280.png
>posts a still image of them eating together, something that ash has done with literally every other companion
>dude they're such a close-knit family!! UwU
lmao okay.
If you dont think Ash kukui and burnet didnt have family bonding moments in the series youre blind, nothing more I really need to add
People really be saying anything, how did Kukui Burnet and Ash NOT have family bonding moments throughout the series? Dude, go watch the episodes
I said there's a 'severe lack' of those, not that they are non-existant. Try picking up a dictionary bro.
Straw-Hat-Crew-Pirates-of-One-Piece-Featured-Image.png

This is a well-written family with deep bonds, ash-kukui-burnett only wish they were so close.

Morax

King of heroes
Isnt the whole theme of pokemon friends and pokemon being family anyway? But i gotta say they were trying to emphasize the pseudo dad son relation between Ash and Kukui a little more in SM.
Even ging was more of a father to gon than kukui to ash. Their relationship had no selling point.

Durrendal

I doubt Oak would be Ash's dad when he has a Grandson who's the exact same age as Ash

I personally hope Ash's Dad was most the most plain, average, mundane, normie guy ever
Ash's dad is the very last boss he has to defeat.

Ash wants to become a pokemon master because his dad said he's stepping out to buy a pack of smokes and he'll return as soon as Ash becomes a Pokémon master.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Ash's dad is the very last boss he has to defeat.

Ash wants to become a pokemon master because his dad said he's stepping out to buy a pack of smokes and he'll return as soon as Ash becomes a Pokémon master.
Is there any reference to that where will the information available as we've never seen his dad I wonder. :cool::cool::cool::cool:;)

Morax

King of heroes
You really go to compare other anime way too often lol while disregarding what we actually saw in the Pokémon anime
Ash Kukui and Burnet had legit family like relationship, I know you probably skip the "fillers" and the SoL aspect of the series but during those episodes you exactly saw them functioning as a family. Not just the big moments where Ash found out Kukui and Burnet are engaged or when he was saying goodbye to them, but the little aspects too as to how they interacted in the house, going for groceries together, those post episode scenes of Burnet looking at Kukui and Ash being hyperactive together and noticing the similarities between them, etc. There were TONS of those moments splattered around the series and even before burnet tons of moments of Ash and Kukui. To ignore them and say their relationship was superficial is just plain ignorance and bias against SM for some reason. "Too in your face" when most of the moments were in these filler esque episodes where they weren't big limelight forced moments but natural family interactions. If you can't see that then it's not worth talking to you.
Also aren't you the guy who thinks Ash and Serena have some amazing meant for each other love story but think Ash Kukui and Burnet had a superficial family relationship? LMAO, I can't with this fandom
>Doing grocery shopping and having lunch together makes for a well-written 'family' dynamic
"LMAO". Your lack of knowledge speaks for itself. Try watching more anime, especially One Piece to know what a real family is.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I mean they literally called Ash Lei's big brother, clearly they see him as an adopted son lol. Whether or not you think it was well written or not doesn't discount the fact that it was written that way for reason. I mean look how sad Burnett and Kukui were when Ash left them.

Decidueye23

>Doing grocery shopping and having lunch together makes for a well-written 'family' dynamic
"LMAO". Your lack of knowledge speaks for itself. Try watching more anime, especially One Piece to know what a real family is.
One piece is not a "real family" too. Honestly most anime if not all, especially the shounen ones go really far into emphasizing that friends are family trope. Fairy tail, HxH, and so many other anime have done this, i ve lost count.

The Whole theme of SM as gen 7 was about family specifically with Lillie Mohn Gladion and Lusamine at the fore front. Sure there arent moments between them where Ash and Kukui yelled out that they are family but its always implied, subtly albeit, that they have a father son bond. Kukui teaching Ash chores etc. Infact even the whole time travel trope of going back to the past and meeting kid versions of your parents also happened.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Also not to mention Kukui literally says welcome home when he first sees Ash which pretty much says that he considers his house to be Ash's house too.

Morax

King of heroes
One piece is not a "real family" too. Honestly most anime if not all, especially the shounen ones go really far into emphasizing that friends are family trope. Fairy tail, HxH, and so many other anime have done this, i ve lost count.

The Whole theme of SM as gen 7 was about family specifically with Lillie Mohn Gladion and Lusamine at the fore front. Sure there arent moments between them where Ash and Kukui yelled out that they are family but its always implied, subtly albeit, that they have a father son bond. Kukui teaching Ash chores etc. Infact even the whole time travel trope of going back to the past and meeting kid versions of your parents also happened.
Excuse me but when did i deny that they were supposed to be a family? My argument has always been that they don't feel like one "to me" because there's better examples out there. Ash and Kukui lack that necessary depth that exists between Sanji and Zeff, Shanks and luffy, Dr.Hililuk and Chopper or Whitebeard and Ace.

Last edited:

xNidoQueen

Ash lived with Kukui and Burnet as a family
He travelled with his companions like best friends
Plus, Serena is the one who has had a romantic angle with Ash, no one else had that. So does Serena having that cheapen the past companion bonds? Coz thats the same logic

Sad to see people forget about Misty's existence...

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Excuse me but when did i deny that they were supposed to be a family? My argument has always been that they don't feel like one "to me" because there's better examples out there. Ash and Kukui lack that necessary depth that exists between Sanji and Zeff, Shanks and luffy, Dr.Hililuk and Chopper or Whitebeard and Ace.
It feel like they wanted gen7 character play that sort role in sun and moon arc but force used Satoshi/Ash whose have sweet mother and a deadbeat dad and deadbeat grandpa on Pokemon journey.....

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
a family with a father that dresses like a stripper in public? Doesnt sound like a healthy family to me.
Anyway, I wonder when we see more gen 8 Pokemon, like Snom.

nickdt

Kukui is Ash's official dad.

Think about it: No mom in their right mind would leave their underage son with a grown ass man if she doesn't know him personally.

However, Kukui did the Kanto League, but he lost. So he most likely felt ashamed and didn't go home to Delia and Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.