• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Welp, so i guess Gohs Grookey is female due to its VA (Although i am pretty sure he is male).

Clemonts Luxray is voiced by a woman, but its confirmed male due to Luxray line having gender differences. Same VA voices Ash's Fletchling and Fletchinder, but a male voices Talonflame.

So here is the thing: I don't think Voice Actors matter in regards to the gender of a Pokemon, especially since Ash's Dragonite is likely a female, despite being voiced by a male.

Last edited:

Durrendal

Welp, so i guess Gohs Grookey is female due to its VA (Although i am pretty sure he is male).

Clemonts Luxray is voiced by a woman, but its confirmed male due to Luxray line having gender differences. Same VA voices Ash's Fletchling and Fletchinder, but a male voices Talonflame.

So here is the thing: I don't think Voice Actors matter in regards to the gender of a Pokemon, especially since Ash's Dragonite is likely a female, despite being voiced by a male.
I have a feeling it might be connected to the "bulk" of a Pokemon. Baby Pokemon, or middle stages are anthromorphized and therefore it would feel like they should have a juvenile sounding/shriller voice, therefore leading to a female seiyuu. The last evolution, if quite bulky in size would feel like that it might have a deeper, more powerful, gruff voice and therefore most likely leads to male seiyuu.

esquilo09

if we see new episode with Darmanitan making a trouble, we will actually can't wait who someone will evolve.
I hope it taunts or scare Bunnelby/Sentret then they would end up evolving.

nickdt

I have a feeling it might be connected to the "bulk" of a Pokemon. Baby Pokemon, or middle stages are anthromorphized and therefore it would feel like they should have a juvenile sounding/shriller voice, therefore leading to a female seiyuu. The last evolution, if quite bulky in size would feel like that it might have a deeper, more powerful, gruff voice and therefore most likely leads to male seiyuu.

Even so though, it most likely doesn't point towards the gender of a Pokemon (Ash's Leavanny is confirmed male, but his VA is female). Meowth is also voiced by a woman, despite being a confirmed male (Same VA as Leavanny).

However, despite gender in general, some species might work better with certain gendered VA (Leavanny works better for female, while for example Darmanitan would work better for a male, even if said Darmanitan is female).

This is why you cannot take a VA being male or female as definitive proof that a Pokemon is a male or a female.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I'm honestly surprised that Ash's Dragonite's gender wasn't brought up in the Iris fight, especially when Iris conversed with Dragonite about Ash.

I'm still hoping Dragonite is female. It would be neat for Ash to have a female ace for once.
Maybe Gengar is a girl?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Why hasn't Grookey used a move yet?

It's very weird.
Grookey hasn't used a single move yet and it's been around for 13 episodes.

By Scorbunny's 13th episode it became a Raboot.

Even Sobble was shown helping battle Flygon in episode by it's 13th episode

I don't know why Grookey never battles?

I'm guessing they're going to save Grookey's first battle for a special occasion? Does anyone else think so?

Pikachu111213

Traveler

It's very weird.

I'm guessing they're going to save Grookey's first battle for a special occasion? Does anyone else think so?
Watch it not be until its evolution :/

kickachu

Momentai!

It's very weird.

Just need inspiration and once it sees a battle ash is in it might be inspired and who knows sometjing big could happen

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Watch it not be until its evolution :/
That'd be even stranger than Sobble's?

Just need inspiration and once it sees a battle ash is in it might be inspired and who knows sometjing big could happen
I mean it did see Sirfetch'd battle.

I wonder if they'll pull an Inteleon and have Grookey meet a Rillaboom who inspires it

We DID see a Rillaboom in the Merchandise with Darkrai and Cresselia after all and we know that it can't be Goh's....

kickachu

Momentai!
That'd be even stranger than Sobble's?

I mean it did see Sirfetch'd battle.

I wonder if they'll pull an Inteleon and have Grookey meet a Rillaboom who inspires it

We DID see a Rillaboom in the Merchandise with Darkrai and Cresselia after all and we know that it can't be Goh's....
I mean besides that battle and besides we don't want it too similar with sobble look at scorbumny it never meant its evolved forms

Status
Not open for further replies.