• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

Ye true, there’s that. Doesn’t really change my point tho.
Even the 2v2 to me are better than literally everything we saw from p.m. battles up until this point.
We're going to need to see some quality s*** before they try to whip out that big 6v6.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I agree it's a natural extension of its power and I don't have any problem with It using him. I just hate it immediately had it as a greninja. I wish we got some time with it evolved as a greninja and doing things on its own and defeating mons, and then Ash working together with greninja to unlock that power and then use it. I wished there was an intermediate between frogadier evolving and Ash greninja activating. We didn't get base greninja to do anything. It's not an argument against its strength, AG and Grenjnja's feat at the end of the day are same, it's just how wasted Base Greninja was. I really wish we got to see it for some time as Base Greninja before then unlocking this form, and I wish we had a proper backstory and explanation of this transformation considering how Integral it was to the story, and a proper climax moment for him, like defeating Charizard (Sceptile didn't do it for me).

Not denying Grenjnja's strength. To counter your frogadier point
It's the same as Torracat. We know its strong, and so when it evolved to Incineroar we know it's still strong too. But we WANT to see it battle! And show feats of its own. Same with base greninja. I wish we saw greninja doing things on its own as well before unlocking Ash greninja. I have no problem on it relying on that form to defeat its main opponents like Infernape with Blaze, but LIKE Infernape I wish we saw it do stuff with base greninja as well before transforming into its form. We didn't get enough of that. Overall Infernapes arc was much better handled

The bolded sentences pretty much are what i'm getting at when it comes to AG, and why I don't like it.

Greninja in it's base form never got to prove itself like others did.

Especially when you consider that this was the first fully evolved water starter Ash ever had, I wanted it to be handled right but the transformation overtook and destroy it.

Yes Infernape used Blaze when needed, and Pikachu Z-moves, but they still showed they could destroy stuff without them, and used those attributes when it was necessary, I wanted to see Greninja do that, but it didn't get the chance as it transformed nearly everytime we saw it.

that is why i consider it's power a crutch and not an extension, does it take away from it's feats, no. But your always left wondering of how strong it is without transforming, because it wasn't able to prove it's strength on a natural level.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
*Grabs popcorn*
Oh boy, another Greninja argument. This'll be fun

you'll be eating for a while then cause i'm not going to respond to that post if someone wants to respond to it.

I still wish Rowlet would come back and evolve already, granted my idea on getting it to evolve probably wouldn't take because people would think it rude.

Yes it's having someone knock the everstone out of it, then crushing it to make the bird angry...

also, i keep seeing discussions of what Ash's first legendary would be if he was to get one...does Meloetta count or would that one be considered a mythical?

or is that not a good option?

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So with Dawn and Piplup coming back for two episodes, I hope that this doesn't stop someone from the main cast getting a Piplup of their own.

Ash is my first hope, Chloe my second, a CotD my third, and finally Goh.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
So with Dawn and Piplup coming back for two episodes, I hope that this doesn't stop someone from the main cast getting a Piplup of their own.

I think the chances have gone way down as it seems all the Piplup merch was just related to this. That said, never say never. ESPECIALLY with Journeys

Red and Blue

They'll probably want a Piplup on the main cast fulltime so Dawn showing up for a few episodes shouldn't prevent one of the current trio from getting one

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They'll probably want a Piplup on the main cast fulltime so Dawn showing up for a few episodes shouldn't prevent one of the current trio from getting one
If they want that they might have Dawn join the main cast.

What if Dawn’s Togekiss was Misty’s Togepi? It is possible.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Honestky its been the Same since SM. The only good battles from SM i can think of are The Mimikyu trial and Ash vs Kukui. Every other battle was bleh.
It's meh cause we just can't get past 2v2...
Could have for Nanu but instead they had to pull that stunt with Lycanroc and deny Torracat a chance at a Grand Trial. He was there almost from the start and only got ONE trial, a basic one! While Rowlet performed in various trials and TWO Grand Trials, same with Pikachu.

I hope that it'll change now that we're in Ultra Class, if Ash does get Darkrai(Please Arceus...) then I'd like for him to actually have a shot and not see the 'One in 20 episodes' PWC match go by and he's passed up in favor of Pikachu or Dragonite(Not that Dragonite's bad, he's my favorite. He just needs to sit)

Status
Not open for further replies.