• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

Ash has gotten plenty of Water Starters.

Thing is that they've been regulated to comic relief until Greninja came along.

Even so, besides Greninja, they still get shafted the hardest out of the Trios to this day

And even with Greninja, it's the ONLY Starter that Ash has ever had to release

And that is part of the point. The writers could very easily have gone the Chimchar treatment path with Sobble, and finally done a Water starter proper, but no, it went to Goh, and like most everything Goh does, it's haphazard. Ash has had haphazard development/training over the years too, I'm aware, but Sobble's development under Goh has been absolutely infuriating.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
And that is part of the point. The writers could very easily have gone the Chimchar treatment path with Sobble, and finally done a Water starter proper, but no, it went to Goh, and like most everything Goh does, it's haphazard. Ash has had haphazard development/training over the years too, I'm aware, but Sobble's development under Goh has been absolutely infuriating.
Water starters in the anime and getting fućked over, what else is new.

KKS-Lapras

The sad thing is the writers had ample opportunity this generation to do right with a water starter this time around. First they had the Marshtomp episode. Then Sobble. And now we can pretty much rule out the Piplup line. There is zero reason why Ash couldn't have gotten one of those 3 and developed it. Hell at this point, I'd settle for Squirtle, Totodile, or Oshawott, any of them coming back into rotation to finally get developed in a way that many of Ash's Grass and Fire type starters did. Or bring Greninja back.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I think there are more dlc for Sw/Sh so maybe we could see again something with rose and eternatus and obiously it will reflect in the anime

there hasn't been anything to remotely suggest there will be more DLC for Sword and Shield though.

I do think that Eternatus might be given more screentime if Rose reappears and tries to release it from confinement, but even so they pretty much dealt with it's entire in game storyline as is so there really isn't a necessity for it reappear either.

Decidueye23

Maybe when they run out of essential episode like Police Pikachu or Gulpin balls or whatever, they will finally do A galar arc that involves Gym leaders bede and marnie but eh who knows.

Master Pikachu 11

Ash has gotten plenty of Water Starters.

Thing is that they've been regulated to comic relief until Greninja came along

Even so, besides Greninja, they still get shafted the hardest out of the Trios to this day

And even with Greninja, it's the ONLY Starter that Ash has ever had to release
This is why I want Ash to get Sobble and now why I want him to get an Empoleon to make up for his comic relief water starters. He has two fully evolved grass starters in Sceptile and Torterra and he has three fully evolve fire starters in Charizard, Infernape, and Incineroar. But water just Greninja and that disappoints me. Empoleon is my favorite Gen 4 starter but of course Piplup has to be more popular then it.
Hey so, not trying to break the current thread, but a thought occurred. Do any of ya'll see Goh commanding Eternatus?
No I don’t think Eternatus will appear again as Almighty Zard said that they pretty much finished it’s entire game story plus, I believe that it is a pain to try to animate so I don’t think the writers are going to go through the trouble to try to use it again. It’s more likely that we see Zacian and Zamazenta again instead of Eternatus.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Tha will depend on If rose Reappears then there is a chance we can see Eternatus again though i doubt it will happen but there are chances for Zacian and Zamamenta to reappear again

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Let me start this topic:

Would The Pokemon Company object to replacing Ash Ketchum with a female protagonist in Gen 9 and Pokemon suddenly becoming popular with girls?

Agree or I doubt it?
Well I don't know though it will happen one day I know that much and would be cool if a female protagonists become a main character and it really will be cool and all as this season I am really very sad the way the anime has treated ash though as the expense of goh

kickachu

Momentai!
I object to that. Are there any further evidence that Goku was replaced with bulma? I Don't think so.

Pokemon as a whole anime still needs a new protagonist
I meant as an example and pokemon isn't like yugioh or beyblade where they do mew series and replace protagonist. Except pokemon chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.