• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

Cyndaquil is supposed to based on some kinda rodent. I dunno about Quilava, but yeah Typhlosion is definitely not any kind of rodent, it's more like a big mustelidae
Cyndaquil is supposed to be based on a porcupine(a species of rodent) and an echidna(which explains its long nose).

kickachu

Momentai!
PokeFan will be released soon, we'll probably getting some news. But, if one or two pics are true, Go is probably giving interviews for how many pokemon he got. Because the News in the Pokemon World have nothing better to do.
Any spoilers besides goh like ash captures major battles and Chloe goal

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Anyways let's do some OP speculation.

What do you guys think we'll see in the next OP?

Assuming that they go full fledged spoiler on us,, I personally think we might see:

Ash (Obvs)
Goh (Obvs)
Chloe (Obvs)
Dawn (Obvs)
Leon (Obvs)
Cynthia (Highly likely)
Volkner (Obvs)
Bea (Obvs)
Red Haired Project Mew Guy (Forgot his name)
Blue Haired Project Mew Girl (Forgot her name)
Darkrai (Obvs)
Cresselia (Obvs)
Mega Lucario
G-Max Gengar
G-Max Cinderace (If G-Max Gengar happens I can see this happening too)
Mega Scizor (If Mega Lucario happens, I can see this happening too)
Drizzile (Maybe a glimpse at Inteleon too)
Grookey
Eevee
Dracovish
Dragonite
Gengar
Sirfetch'd

RafaSceptile

How did BW and SM go from universally hated series to series that are considered 50/50? I know the answer for SM: that damn league.
SM was 50/50 after the first year, the league only helped to win increase its popularity and to be more loved than hated in comparison with at the start of the series.
BW is not that bad if you ignore the league and the fact that no major development happened during the Decolore Island arc. The fillers are pretty enjoyable.
No idea why they decided to not make any changes to Ash's Unova team for the whole of last season except for Charizard's return. Snivy got the worst treatment. It forgot its signature move, attract and learned no new move.
If you ignore S16, BW is at least decent. If you ignore also Ash's experience, it is good.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If you ignore S16, BW is at least decent. If you ignore also Ash's experience, it is good.

Ash did pretty well against most of the unova leaders all things considered, despite being the only one to beat him, Lenora was handled better than Elesa for sure.

Granted I know people also dislike the battle with Roxie because of her making the match 6 vs 3, but that was her call (and thanks to Grant in XY, we know that Gym Leaders are free to induce handicaps if they want.) meaning she couldn't complain if she lost (which she didn't) and we saw first hand the poison is just as deadly a type as any other when used correctly.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
SM was 50/50 after the first year, the league only helped to win increase its popularity and to be more loved than hated in comparison with at the start of the series.
Pretty sure the love for SM increased after the Litten episode, and even more significantly after the Kanto 2-parter and Nebby arc.

Pretty sure the love for SM increased after the Litten episode, and even more significantly after the Kanto 2-parter and Nebby arc.
Tbh the Litten episode was super emotional and good. The AF and Necrozma arcs were decent. Season 22 is straight garbage aside from the Guzzlord episodes, which imo are the best in the series. But those episodes are very popular still doesn’t take away that SM is still a bad series imo

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Sounds likely given we don’t know anything past that.

They might also just give is a new OP to speculate from and add dawn in it.
Cynthia appearance is almost certain. Hopefully best rival Paul appears
Also I forgot about a Fire Turtle! We have both Squirtle and Turtwig.

Now how do we incorporate a Fire Turtle starter without it being too similar to Torkoal?
Easy, it'll go anthro like all the others

I joke but it'll be hilarious if the turtle was the only one on four legs

RafaSceptile

I agree with this, but I think the Nebby arc have a more mixed reception about how it was handled, mainly because of the changes into Lusamine character in comparison with the game plot.

Tbh the Litten episode was super emotional and good. The AF and Necrozma arcs were decent. Season 22 is straight garbage aside from the Guzzlord episodes, which imo are the best in the series. But those episodes are very popular still doesn’t take away that SM is still a bad series imo
I disagree, S21 is the weakest season of SM, as really nothing memorable happened outside of the Ula-Ula and Necrozma arc or your rarely above average filler episode like the banner Passimian episode. S22 started very weak with like 5 filler episodes in a row but it ended in a very high note, which in my eyes compensates the start and parts of the rushed development for half of the main characters.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Because the Dex thingies are weird.

Pikachu is supposed to be a Squirrel (Per interview) but it still called a Mouse.
Same with the Sandshrew line despite them being more clearly based on armadillos. And Bidoof is called the "Plump Mouse" Pokemon despite being clearly based on a beaver (which is more amplified by its evolution Bibarel, which is even called the "Beaver Pokemon" in the dex).

Decidueye23

Honestly though, the only thing good about that league was the Ash vs Kukui battle. Infact its one of the most critisized aspect of SM so not sure how it can be the reason for peopl's opinion to change. I mean Ash vs Katie in hoenn was better than Ash vs Gladion lol. Also the thing was SM was followed by one of the Best series in PM, ans it took it ina comepeltely different direction. So naturally it took time for people to get aclimated with it. But once the people got used to it, it was never too divisive. The only real complaints most people had was the lack of battles, and the battles being bland. Also Ash's team was pretty much marketing max.

Status
Not open for further replies.