• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaSceptile

Honestly though, the only thing good about that league was the Ash vs Kukui battle. Infact its one of the most critisized aspect of SM so not sure how it can be the reason for peopl's opinion to change. I mean Ash vs Katie in hoenn was better than Ash vs Gladion lol. Also the thing was SM was followed by one of the Best series in PM, ans it took it ina comepeltely different direction. So naturally it took time for people to get aclimated with it. But once the people got used to it, it was never too divisive. The only real complaints most people had was the lack of battles, and the battles being bland. Also Ash's team was pretty much marketing max.
The problem that a lot of people have with the Alola League battles is that they were much more about the characters instead of the battle itself. They focused much more in the interactions rather than in the action, you can't expect people enjoying battles like Mallow vs Lana or Gladion vs Lillie if you never cared about the characters, which is why a lot of people that tried to skip all the series until the league ended being dissapointed.

In the end, the "real" league started with the semifinals, and with the real I mean all the league related episodes were at least good. The previous rounds were from meh to decent but considering that it was twice longer than previous leagues, it has its own merit.

MartínK

Anyways let's do some OP speculation.

What do you guys think we'll see in the next OP?

Assuming that they go full fledged spoiler on us,, I personally think we might see:

Ash (Obvs)
Goh (Obvs)
Chloe (Obvs)
Dawn (Obvs)
Leon (Obvs)
Cynthia (Highly likely)
Volkner (Obvs)
Bea (Obvs)
Red Haired Project Mew Guy (Forgot his name)
Blue Haired Project Mew Girl (Forgot her name)
Darkrai (Obvs)
Cresselia (Obvs)
Mega Lucario
G-Max Gengar
G-Max Cinderace (If G-Max Gengar happens I can see this happening too)
Mega Scizor (If Mega Lucario happens, I can see this happening too)
Drizzile (Maybe a glimpse at Inteleon too)
Grookey
Eevee
Dracovish
Dragonite
Gengar
Sirfetch'd

I don't see Goh using Mega Evolution only Dynamax/Gigantamax

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Nope, you don't know the answer for SM at all. And they were never universally hated just because of the XY saltiness, that faded away by S1 itself. After ep20 SM had its sizable fanbase forming, that's because by then people had accepted what happened in XY and the changes SM brought. People didn't hate SM for itself back then mostly but for being after XY, XY not breaking the status quo again so there being saltiness and the new artstyle and direction. Once people got over their petiness they enjoyed the series for what it was since it always had a consistent theme going on with it. The people who liked that ended up loving it. If not by ep21 definitely by the misty/Brock two parter and before the nebby arc SM was no longer universally hated and had a very sizable fanbase that supported and defended it for a long time, yes EVEN before the league was confirmed to happen. The league was just a cherry on the top, ending the saga on an extremely high note and satisfying manner! It isn't the reason SM is beloved and saying it is just invalidating the earlier fanbase and forming a false narrative

Yea..... probably shouldn't have taken the bait but I'll bite. It never was 'bad' just because you don't like it. Unlike BW it didn't have production issues and writing issues that led to no proper arc resolution or story. SM had its own direction themes and arcs going which they concluded perfectly. It's fine to not be a fan of that direction and so not to like but to those for which that style fits, it's a great series to watch

Thank you! Someone who was actually there and know the fanbase state lol. Heck it was ep20 (the Pikachu and Ash alone in an island) which got very great feedback and just being followed up by the litten episode made lots of people put aside their negative bias and enjoy the series for what it is, surprising them. Even before there were lots of people adjusting to and liking what SM was doing but the ep20-21 boost was very significant! It's when SM's fans particularly started to form, not just anipoke fans liking SM coz it was the next series. And by the misty/Brock two parter and just before the nebby arc (the hype for it was fun lol), it's fanbase was pretty significant. The league was just a cherry on top, not the reason.
SM wasn't that great but not as bad as BW, XY, and Journeys. Its continuity still felt forced in the Misty/Brock episodes where apparently there weren't any significant appearances from any of Ash's post OS reserves (Brock as well, where was Croagunk?) And any of the post OS reserves that were shown were barely shown at all.

SM wasn't that great but not as bad as BW, XY, and Journeys. Its continuity still felt forced in the Misty/Brock episodes where apparently there weren't any significant appearances from any of Ash's post OS reserves (Brock as well, where was Croagunk?) And any of the post OS reserves that were shown were barely shown at all.
XY was a thousand times better than BW and is even better than OS and AG

Decidueye23

I mean like ....that's just your opinion. Many people including me love Ash Vs Gladion, ash Vs guzma, Gladion Vs kiawe and appreciate acerola Vs kiawe, kiawe Vs Sophocles, Lana Vs guzma, guzma Vs illima and even mallow Vs Lana and Lillie vs Gladion for the thematic reasons.
I was just pointing out that saying SM opinion changed just becauze of the league ismt accurate as except Ash vs Kukui, the league was also quite divisive. That does not mean people didnt enjoy the league. It just means that some did and some didnt. So the assumption that it might have changed people's perception of SM seems inaccurate.

The rest of my post is obviously my opinion.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It’s better than DP too

Really? There's not a lot I can call DP out for. Despite the lack of flashy bits for which XY is known, DP at least had strong storylines at heart that were developed solidly throughout the show. XY had the better villain-arc though. XY at least was problematic the way they handled Goomy/Noivern. And I won't forgive them not handing Ash that shiny Phantump.

2020 was an awful year with or without COVID-19

Honestly, if it weren't for the pandemic.. 2020 would be a fine year. We'd have the Euro Cup with Van Dijk (I'm Dutch, this matters to me), the Olympics with spectators, a Vietnamese and Dutch Formula 1 GP as well as not missing Monaco for the first time in 70 years - or Brazil, Singapore, Australia and Japan for that matter. Also, the Eurovision Song Contest would've been held normally in Rotterdam and Iceland would've probably won it, which would then have bankrupted Iceland because the cost for hosting would be too high. And if I'm correct either the Tour de France or Vuelta would've started in the Netherlands as well..

Yeah, most of these great events got postponed. And look at the Olympics at the moment. Big expensive stadiums were built - and now nobody will get to sit in them.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Because the Dex thingies are weird.

Pikachu is supposed to be a Squirrel (Per interview) but it still called a Mouse.

doesn't change the fact it is the rat.

heck Fenniken is considered the dog due to foxes being part of the dog family.

That just leaves Horse, Ox, Sheep and Snake...though technically we have Rapidash.

then again we've had species reused before so they could do a horse fire starter it if they wanted to.

Really? There's not a lot I can call DP out for. Despite the lack of flashy bits for which XY is known, DP at least had strong storylines at heart that were developed solidly throughout the show. XY had the better villain-arc though. XY at least was problematic the way they handled Goomy/Noivern. And I won't forgive them not handing Ash that shiny Phantump.

every saga has it's flaws, if anyone wants to believe that a series was the pinnacle point of the show, feel free, but you can not deny that there were flaws involved in that saga you like and it's not completely perfect.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
doesn't change the fact it is the rat.

heck Fenniken is considered the dog due to foxes being part of the dog family.

That just leaves Horse, Ox, Sheep and Snake...though technically we have Rapidash.

then again we've had species reused before so they could do a horse fire starter it if they wanted to.

every saga has it's flaws, if anyone wants to believe that a series was the pinnacle point of the show, feel free, but you can not deny that there were flaws involved in that saga you like and it's not completely perfect.
It's not because badgers are not rodents.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's get back to discussing the anime, Covid 19, 2020 and the Olympics, etc., have nothing to do with it.

Thanks.

RafaSceptile

Honestly, if it weren't for the pandemic.. 2020 would be a fine year. We'd have the Euro Cup with Van Dijk (I'm Dutch, this matters to me), the Olympics with spectators, a Vietnamese and Dutch Formula 1 GP as well as not missing Monaco for the first time in 70 years - or Brazil, Singapore, Australia and Japan for that matter. Also, the Eurovision Song Contest would've been held normally in Rotterdam and Iceland would've probably won it, which would then have bankrupted Iceland because the cost for hosting would be too high. And if I'm correct either the Tour de France or Vuelta would've started in the Netherlands as well..

Yeah, most of these great events got postponed. And look at the Olympics at the moment. Big expensive stadiums were built - and now nobody will get to sit in them.
I mean yes, by let's not forget that 2020 had enough awful things outside of COVID-19, like the most intense Atlantic Hurricane Season, my state setted a new record of cummulative rain and consecutive hours of rain...in freaking June!!! The supposed least active month of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.