• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
If they want they can give ash rillaboom and I know that goh has grookey
But why give Ash Rillaboom when Goh's Grookey can just fully evolve? That would mean some other Pokémon would have to take Grookey's place on Goh's shoulder, but Grookey already took Sobble's place. I'm sure there's another cute Pokémon out there who would love to make Goh's shoulder its new home.

Personally, I would rather see Goh's Grookey fully evolve and hopefully become a little less of an annoying troublemaker and see Ash get another Pokémon. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't mind Goh having all of the Galar starters.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
But why give Ash Rillaboom when Goh's Grookey can just fully evolve? That would mean some other Pokémon would have to take Grookey's place on Goh's shoulder, but Grookey already took Sobble's place. I'm sure there's another cute Pokémon out there who would love to make Goh's shoulder its new home.

Personally, I would rather see Goh's Grookey fully evolve and hopefully become a little less of an annoying troublemaker and see Ash get another Pokémon. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I don't mind Goh having all of the Galar starters.
Well it's true but I think majority of the fandom wanted ash to get grookey but it didn't happen and same can be said about sobble as well I myself wanted that to happen but I have accepted that goh has got both of the starters but you're right I think it is a good change for once that ash will be able to catch another cool pokemon from galar as there is a plethora of options available that he can get

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
My point is that more than a year has passed since Bangiras and Sirnight were first teased via merchandise in this era, yet they still haven't made a major impact in the series itself despite still appearing on merchandise listings even to this day, which probably has more to do with their general popularity than because they're meant to appear soon, anyway. That said, I'm not denying that they could appear in major roles later, just that I'm not seeing how the odds are any better now than they were a year ago if the only supporting evidence is merchandise scans [which have failed us before].
True. For all we know, they still could appear, but just as background mons or something from the gatcha machine (what already had a tyranitar). Personally, I'd give a tyranitar to Ash for the sake of nostalgia, gardevoir would be a 50/50 between Ash and Go. Today, if Ash still could have a Gen III mon, I'd give him mawile to be the girl of the team, BUT, they're limiting him to popular critters now. I'll keep some hope until be too late to lament.

Anyway, I think that any alternate form does count as team change/regional achievement, so mega lucario and mega scizor cover Kalos, and G-Max gengar and g-max inteleon cover Galar. Assuming all of that will happen this year or at all.

DuskAstral

Anyway, I think that any alternate form does count as team change/regional achievement, so mega lucario and mega scizor cover Kalos, and G-Max gengar and g-max inteleon cover Galar. Assuming all of that will happen this year or at all.
First, it is nowhere confirmed that Satoshi and Gou will have them. Anyway, as far as Gou is concerned, if he ever gets G-max, I think Cinderace (his first Pokémon) has a better chance than Inteleon.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Let's see what else is sorely missing and possibles candidates.
First female pokemon - GARDEVOIR / HATTERENE
First legendary pokemon - LUGIA / ZACIAN
First fully evolved three stage STARTER - EMPOLEON / RILABOOM
First electric pokemon caught - TOXRICITY / DRACOZOLT / ZERAORA
First psychic, fairy pokemon caught ONSCREEN - GARDEVOIR / HATTERENE
First pure dark pokemon caught - DARKRAI / ZOROARK
First ice pokemon caught since Advanced Generation series - EISCUE / GALAR. DARMANITAN
First bug pokemon caught since Black & White series - CENTISKORCH
First ground pokemon caught since Diamond & Pearl series - RUNERIGUS
I would love it if Ash could catch a Pokemon from each of these categories! Would help with the inequality problem JN has

Henry's Journey

Since all of his team is fully evolved Ash needs a pokémon that can evolve once or twice so it can get a bit of development, that's why I don't agree with Falinks or Eiscue, let them go to Go.

I still count with Kubfu and another one.

Ibrahim Saidu

Well it's true but I think majority of the fandom wanted ash to get grookey but it didn't happen and same can be said about sobble as well I myself wanted that to happen but I have accepted that goh has got both of the starters but you're right I think it is a good change for once that ash will be able to catch another cool pokemon from galar as there is a plethora of options available that he can get
Like which Galar Pokemon?

desdar300

First, it is nowhere confirmed that Satoshi and Gou will have them. Anyway, as far as Gou is concerned, if he ever gets G-max, I think Cinderace (his first Pokémon) has a better chance than Inteleon.
It's not confirmed sure but come on now.
What other evolution of Lucario going to go through?
We also have merchandise of it fighting gmax Charizard along with merchandise of gmax Gengar by Ash.
Sure there's a chance it's just for promotional material but the chance of it not actually happening are low compared to them actually being a thing

Let's see what else is sorely missing and possibles candidates.
First female pokemon - GARDEVOIR / HATTERENE
First legendary pokemon - LUGIA / ZACIAN
First fully evolved three stage STARTER - EMPOLEON / RILABOOM
First electric pokemon caught - TOXRICITY / DRACOZOLT / ZERAORA
First psychic, fairy pokemon caught ONSCREEN - GARDEVOIR / HATTERENE
First pure dark pokemon caught - DARKRAI / ZOROARK
First ice pokemon caught since Advanced Generation series - EISCUE / GALAR. DARMANITAN
First bug pokemon caught since Black & White series - CENTISKORCH
First ground pokemon caught since Diamond & Pearl series - RUNERIGUS
I'd love it if Ash caught a Hatterene or Gardevoir, but knowing the writers, they will probably give it to Team rocket or a COTD or just an wild thing.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Honestly, I don't see Ash catching more than 1 or 2 more pokemon this series and they'll most likely be Legendary/ mythical/ UB.
I don't see that happening unless Ash is getting replaced as the protagonist after this saga ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.