• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deliaketchum

As per the interview posted some time ago, ash will be more invincible in future and will be facing stronger opponents than ever. I wonder who will be those, galar trainers or previous characters ash never defeated?

kickachu

Momentai!
If you think about it it will be both
question could these strong opponents use gen 9 pokemon and did they reveal spoilers like moves

Master Pikachu 11

Same. They easily could’ve used the idea of Galar’s league being more competitive as a way to shake it up for Ash. The one thing I’ll give the PWC is that it’s easier to return older characters and give them a role in Ash’s goal.
Agreed it would have been great to at least see more Galar gym leaders and to see Ash battle them, hopefully some of them besides Bea are in the hyper class. I am still glad to see characters like Korrina and Iris come back and battle him again.

On another note, in case anybody didn’t already know according to AshandSerena, we should be getting Poke fan in a few days.

Decided to share some positivity here. I honestly don’t hate or dislike any of Ash’s companions (my least favorites are Kiawe and Lana). All of Ash’s friends are awesome and he is so lucky to have such amazing people as friends (and one as a future girlfriend, but that’s just me)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I miss Jimeleon more and more everyday, being by Gou’s side as his little crybaby Messon. Now he’s secluded in the cave. Despite me missing his screen time I will say the shows writing around it being a time for hibernation and having its time to itself feels like a good excuse for why it’s not getting screen time versus Gengar’s…vacations. Plus it builds up the suspense of Inteleon as an evolution.

Gou’s really breaking boundaries actually evolving his starters when back in the day they rarely did or did so after 50+ episodes. Now the final evolutions are so much more popular than the first forms the writers love evolving them. Jimeleon’s little storyline and dream of growing up from a crybaby that hides to a suave spy who’s hiding and secrecy is its main niche will come full circle. <3

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Decided to share some positivity here. I honestly don’t hate or dislike any of Ash’s companions (my least favorites are Kiawe and Lana). All of Ash’s friends are awesome and he is so lucky to have such amazing people as friends (and one as a future girlfriend, but that’s just me)
May is my favorite pokegirl Ash's companion and Sophocles is my less favorite Ash's companion.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Now the final evolutions are so much more popular than the first forms the writers love evolving them.
I think they much prefer their earlier forms since they are easier to animate and fit into the show.

Still bitter Cinderace no longer appears every episode. I wanted to see him every episode until the generation shift makes him be shafted

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I think they much prefer their earlier forms since they are easier to animate and fit into the show.

Still bitter Cinderace no longer appears every episode. I wanted to see him every episode until the generation shift makes him be shafted
Thank you for reminding me of this wonderful meme I created

Gotta love that Screentime lmao
E6Lq8EsWQAkZvYy

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The companions I "hate", are the ones who didnt get enough focus/development

the only companion i didn't like was Max, yes i know Bonnie's not much better off, but at least they gave her something to do, where as max for the most part was just a pure tagalong.

I do recall alot of people not liking Lana in SM, and were very happy when Guzma gave her and Primarina a beatdown, i didn't personally care though.

is it really getting to a point where if a pokemon doesn't show up in every episode they don't exist?

I mean it's bad enough people are calling Ash's pokemon shafted just for not appearing in a while, when Gengar is really the only one who clearly feels that way, as far as the others go they've been shifting from one to another when the previous one did enough, but they are still there and just because they aren't always around doesn't demerit anything they've done so far, or anything they can still do, Gengar included.

besides I would think that those who don't like Ash getting Lucario would be happy it's not appearing in every episode, but nope minds can't be made up it seems.

still would like to see Ash get a ralts, that goes to gardevoir.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Bede was such a missed opportunity. Could be the perfect rival for ash
There's nothing stopping Bede from making an appearance as one of Ash's late-story rivals. Even Hop could show up at some point. He is Leon's brother, after all. (Hau eventually made an appearance in SM, even though it took forever.) I'm not sure I understand why folks are already writing off certain characters appearing. It's not like this series is close to being over.

Megapixel

the only companion i didn't like was Max, yes i know Bonnie's not much better off, but at least they gave her something to do, where as max for the most part was just a pure tagalong.

I do recall alot of people not liking Lana in SM, and were very happy when Guzma gave her and Primarina a beatdown, i didn't personally care though.

is it really getting to a point where if a pokemon doesn't show up in every episode they don't exist?

I mean it's bad enough people are calling Ash's pokemon shafted just for not appearing in a while, when Gengar is really the only one who clearly feels that way, as far as the others go they've been shifting from one to another when the previous one did enough, but they are still there and just because they aren't always around doesn't demerit anything they've done so far, or anything they can still do, Gengar included.

besides I would think that those who don't like Ash getting Lucario would be happy it's not appearing in every episode, but nope minds can't be made up it seems.

still would like to see Ash get a ralts, that goes to gardevoir.
i wonder why the writers never gave me a pokémon "Female to ash" I do not see what is wrong with this as the pokémon shows good battles, I always wanted to see ash with a gardevoir equal, with a hatterene currently or with a Frosslass, It would be really great, but I would not be surprised if goh,koharu or some rival

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
There's nothing stopping Bede from making an appearance as one of Ash's late-story rivals. Even Hop could show up at some point. He is Leon's brother, after all. (Hau eventually made an appearance in SM, even though it took forever.) I'm not sure I understand why folks are already writing off certain characters appearing. It's not like this series is close to being over.
Cuz I prefer rivals that appear through the majority of the series like Gary and Paul, which suprisely are the most popular rivals of Ash..

DuskAstral

Even Hop could show up at some point. He is Leon's brother, after all.
Well, so what? Just because he's Leon's brother doesn't mean he's obligated to show up. If he ever gets introduced to the series, it surely isn't for that reason.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It feels like The only reason they brought Hau in SM was because they weren't going to evolve Rowlet and they needed someone to show off it's evolutionary line.

The only way I see Hop appearing at this point is if they need him to showcase Thwacky and Rillaboom

If Goh gets Rillaboom however, then I don't see Hop appearing at all.

Gurk

I WOULD like to see Hop if only for the anime to handle him better. I like the elements of Hop's story in-game a lot, but it was extremely saddening seeing someone spiral down to the levels of self-doubt and depression that he did with absolutely NO ONE seemed to care about his delusional thoughts of how he is dragging Leon down and how he is a worthless trainer. It was absolutely maddening, there's this 10yo kid obviously going through a lot and nobody is going to set him straight, really? Not even Leon, who seemed more interested in the PC than his own little brother going through a crisis.

So it'd be nice to see how that story would pan out in the anime, which has a better chance of tackling these kinds of storylines. I reckon being Leon's little brother is interesting enough to include him for an episode or two, since Leon is Ash's goal this generation.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Also Hop's storylines were already given to Gou, minus him being Leon's little brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.