• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decidueye23

i'm kind of having a hard time seeing it lose Double Team, that move has proved to be effective in the past.

As far as Steel Attacks go, either Meteor Mash or Steel Beam.

The torterra discussion got me thinking me thinking about something.

does anyone think that any of Ash's current Grass or Fire Starters, that are fully evolved or potentially could, should learn Frenzy Plant or Blast Burn?

Frenzy Plant
Bayleef (potential evo)
Sceptile
Torterra

Blast Burn
Charizard
Quilava (Potentially, probably has the best shot of evolving due to legends)
Infernape
Pignite (potential)

I would include Hydro Cannon, but even if Ash retrieved Greninja I know people would likely dismiss this due to the attack not fighting greninja's style.

The only other water options I can see is if Ash gets Empoleon, or Oshawott comes back for legends promotion and full evolves.
Sceptile or Torterra have a good chance of learning Frenzy plant, should they battle again. Out of all the fire types actually incineroar might learn blast burn since we saw Kukui's use it already. Charizard using blast burn will only give Kalos league flashbacks lmao

D

Deleted member 384931

Honestly? I find it kinda unbelievable Satoshi will win the PWC with his current team. Not saying that his current pokemon arent strong, but without his reserves it feels less accomplished. If he for example would beat Paul without Infernape or any reserves, it would feel wrong...

nickdt

Honestly? I find it kinda unbelievable Satoshi will win the PWC with his current team. Not saying that his current pokemon arent strong, but without his reserves it feels less accomplished. If he for example would beat Paul without Infernape or any reserves, it would feel wrong...

I don't think Ash will win the PWC.

I think he will defeat Leon, but Leon will be defeated by the gen 9 champion before he can face Ash. Yes, this eliminates Leon as a threat, but it also makes the gen 9 champion the main threat and sets him up (Since Leon will pretty much be old news by the time gen 9 rolls around).

D

Deleted member 384931

I think he will defeat Leon, but Leon will be defeated by the gen 9 champion before he can face Ash. Yes, this eliminates Leon as a threat, but it also makes the gen 9 champion the main threat and sets him up (Since Leon will pretty much be old news by the time gen 9 rolls around).
That sounds weird tbh.

nickdt

That sounds weird tbh.

Yeah, but its the only logical conclusion to set up the next generation i feel. In previous regions, they didn't really need to do this, since there was a Pokemon League at the end of it and we had characters that pretty much set up the next region (Except for Hoenn not setting up Sinnoh and Sinnoh not setting up Unova, unless you count episode 1 of the Unova series as as setup for Unova, cuz Oak mentioned it and travelled there with Ash). But we had the GS ball plot basically setting up Elm and Kurt for Johto, Harrison setting up Hoenn and Alexa setting up Kalos. Nobody set up Alola for Ash, albeit, not on-screen, since off-screen, it did happen with Mimey winning those tickets to Alola. And Galar didn't really need to be set up, since they don't travel in it and it happened naturally in Journeys already, the mention of Galar and due to the nature of Journeys, it didn't need to be set-up either.

BobbbidyBob

It’s only been what like 6 episodes since the last project Mew episode, so it really hasn’t been that long.

Heck if you look at the episode gaps between Contest and gym battles and trials it wasn’t that uncommon for there to be a good amount of episodes between them.

So I’m not sure where this idea of there not being another project Mew episode after only 6 or 7 episodes is suddenly a problem somehow.
True, maybe it’s just that I am missing it already...or maybe the week break makes it seem like it’s been so long... (shrugs) . I hope we get another arc someday.

nickdt

That would be a pretty cheap cop out and would only invite blowback, since they literally insist that Ash and Leon will have a big face-off at some point. The 20 second intro at the start of each episode emphasizes that.

I agree with that, but then again, they need something to set-up gen 9 at the same time. And what better way to do this than to introduce the gen 9 champion and them defeating the current hotshot. The face-off can still be big if Leon is the big hurdle for Ash to challenge the gen 9 champion for the title, but let him still lose against said gen 9 champion and if they continue the PWC into gen 9, it sets the champion up as the new threat to be defeated.

Last edited:
I agree with that, but then again, they need something to set-up gen 9 at the same time. And what better way to do this than to introduce the gen 9 champion and them defeating the current hotshot. The face-off can still be big if Leon is the big hurdle for Ash to challenge the gen 9 champion for the title, but let him still lose against said gen 9 champion and if they continue the PWC into gen 9, it sets the champion up as the new threat to be defeated.
of course I would like PWC idea continuing into Gen 9 not long before Gen 10 but It's better for Ash to leave Goh and Chloe directly in Gen 9.
And Someone herself powerful from Gen 9 to challenge Ash Ketchum directly, Someone would be a female Gen 9 champion, if Ash loses the battle with Gen 9 Champion... what happened next?

Decidueye23

The best i can see them do is have ash learn of the new mechanism and try to master it. This world tour formula just aint working (maybe evaae mor than half the episodes are in kanto) .

I don't think Gou will leave the show since the game his character refers to is still very popular.
Besides, Koharu isn't in the main cast
I already changed my mind.
I Liked the PWC idea but I Wonder if Chloe becomes Main character Permanently (I know that is not gonna happen since she's basically dropping the school idea altogether)

Edit: Sorry @DuskAstral, I Agree with Psychological... I don't think Goh will stay because his first mon and starter being a Gen 8 obviously.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't think Gou will leave the show since the game his character refers to is still very popular.
Besides, Koharu isn't in the main cast
It should've been obvious that Go's not meant to stay around for more than one saga. His first mon and starter being a Gen 8 mon should've been painful and dead giveaway. The excuse of "Pokemon GO still being popular" and/or he can swap out his starter or whatever gibberish relating to that or whatever is a poor argument.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It should've been obvious that Go's not meant to stay around for more than one saga. His first mon and starter being a Gen 8 mon should've been painful and dead giveaway.
Actually, the nature of Pokémon Journeys allows for Goh to stay around for more than one saga. True, his first Pokémon was a Gen VIII one, and he has caught all of the Galar starters, but in every series, the current gen's starters end up on the main cast. Goh catching all of the Galar starters is not only in line with his goal of catching every Pokémon, but also leaves more room on Ash's team for the writers to appease to the fanbase other Pokémon.

Unless 1) Goh decides to quit being Director Cerise's research fellow in order to focus all of his attention on Project Mew and/or 2) Ash decides to quit being a research fellow in order to pursue something else or leave Kanto for another region, then there really isn't reason for Goh not to stick around for another saga.

Actually, the nature of Pokémon Journeys allows for Goh to stay around for more than one saga. True, his first Pokémon was a Gen VIII one, and he has caught all of the Galar starters, but in every series, the current gen's starters end up on the main cast. Goh catching all of the Galar starters is not only in line with his goal of catching every Pokémon, but also leaves more room on Ash's team for the writers to appease to the fanbase other Pokémon.

Unless 1) Goh decides to quit being Director Cerise's research fellow in order to focus all of his attention on Project Mew and/or 2) Ash decides to quit being a research fellow in order to pursue something else or leave Kanto for another region, then there really isn't reason for Goh not to stick around for another saga.
Fair Enough but what about Chloe becoming a main character if She becomes a trainer by graduating from School altogether, The Writers needs to get it right together and let Chloe become a Main Character but whatever.

I know that's not gonna happen because Chloe is basically a Student in her school.

AxelJade

Honestly, unless the anime really surprised me, and I mean really surprises me, I think the structure of Goh's story is fairly locked in.

I see Goh eventually getting his hands on a Master Ball, possibly as a gift from Oak or Sakuragi, for all that his captures have contributed to Pokémon research. Then, after Ash has his big battle with Leon, Goh will meet with Mew. Naturally, Mew is not the kind of Pokémon Goh can just catch casually, so at that point, it's battle time.

How will the battle play out? Depends. If Goh meets Mew while just out there in the wild, maybe in the same place he saw Mew as a kid, Goh will use whatever six Pokémon you could call his "best" or "signature" team at that point, whatever it might be. If Mew decides to be more direct and meet Goh in the lab, Goh could have all of his Pokémon at his disposal at once. Either way, it'll be the culmination of Goh's character. All of his growth, all of his bonds, all of the lessons. The Trainers he's met, the Pokémon he's caught, everything Ash has taught him. It's all built up to this battle.

But Goh will not catch Mew. Even if Goh uses the Master Ball, Mew will destroy it with an attack. But despite failing to catch Mew, Goh will see that the bond of friendship he's forged with Mew through their battle alone is more powerful than any bond they could have forged through a capture. He's met Mew, battled Mew, and been acknowledged as Mew's friend. That's all he needs. And if there are any Pokémon Goh hasn't caught yet, let that pull double duty as a justification for why he doesn't catch the rest.

Ash has whatever experience is going to send him to the Gen 9 region. Maybe Paul is back with a Gen 9 Pokémon and kicks Ash's butt in a battle with it like Gary and Electivire did so long ago now. Goh is going to be contacted by his friend, Tokio. Being reminded that Tokio is looking for Celebi, the Johto boy has a lead on Celebi's location, and would like Goh to come to Johto to help him pursue it. Goh agrees to go to Johto for this reason. Koharu asks to go with Goh as well, having completed her character arc of developing from "normal girl that has no clue of her future" to "Pokémon girl that definitely knows her path" during this as well.

After a heartfelt and maybe tearful goodbye, this fellowship is broken as the characters go their separate ways.

I'm sorry, but Goh being a stand-in for new Pokémon GO players doesn't change anything. Trading Goh out isn't as big of a deal as changing Ash out would be. It would be like rotating out the PokéGirls over the years. Keep one tether for old fans with Ash, but trade out everyone else for the new fans. And in Japan, fans aren't exactly happy with Goh's character at all, so that's all the more reason to believe that Goh's time in the anime is limited.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

Even if he doesn't he could just retry it.

considering what they've done already sending him back after trinkets like gym badges would be regression of him at this point, even worse than what BW did.

having someone else take leon down before Ash would be a cop out, since it lessens the importance of the 2 fighting each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.