• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Look whether he deserves it or not is an entirely different thing. If you go to the Suicune thread you'll see many arguments by me saying this episode shouldn't have happened this soon and that him capturing Suicune doesn't feel right to me. My point is that whether or not it's deserved and whether or not it's too early in his development, the fact is he caught it and bonded with it. The bonding he had made Suicune accept his trainer. Call it bad writing but the fact is Suicune deemed him worthy and was his Pokémon
I said Professor Oak saw Goh captured Suicune and so told him about Project Mew seeing that since he caught a legendary he could be talented enough to participate in it. It ISNT the reason he's in project Mew, he qualified to receive missions ALL BY HIMSELF in ep71. Oak telling him about Project mew isn't a freaking hand out, and it being overblown as such is silly to me and reeks of Goh anti bias since it shouldn't be a big deal and is definitely not the reason why Goh earned a place as a person who can attempt to be a chaser. He earned that on his own. I'm tired of repeating myself on that, if if was any other character I doubt such things would matter but with him everything is scrutinized to an insane degree and blown out of proportion. Feel free to disagree if you like but I stand on my notion that Goh was an underdog in Gary ep and ep71, worked to overcome it and by himself earned the position to receive trial missions, he wasn't handed it.
I think you’re coming at this from the wrong angle entirely. Thinking that criticizing something for poor writing is ‘anti bias’ is just being dismissive of the real criticisms people have. I don’t have some personal grudge against Goh; I just think he’s a meh character surrounded by awfully convenient writing. Also, the fact that what got the ball rolling was (according to some) a piece of incredibly bad writing adds to people not believing that he entirely deserves his spot in Project Mew.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
His goal should involve battling too, even though it doesn't because his Poké Balls are way better than they should be

Honestly, I think that's why they did this whole Project Mew thing, Goh is gonna need to train if he wants to fulfill the missions that he will be given.

As for the catching regular Pokémon thing, I think his attempts would be better appreciated if he used different balls and actually showcased them.

They haven't even visited Kurt to get apricorn balls yet. In SM, they had some trainers use alt Poké Balls like Gladion and Lana. Why can't Goh?

AxelJade

So, this is going to be an incredibly off-topic question, but I can't stop asking myself this lately.

The Pokémon anime, as of Journeys, has sort of cautified two different formulas. The classic formula of an endless road trip with from region to region with rotating groups of companions and several large scale but separate stpries, via Indigo to XY. And the formula of several smaller interconnected stories separated by slice-of-life stories focusing on the same small group of characters through Sun and Moon and Journeys.

If you had to choose one formula for the anime to follow for the rest of your foreseeable lifetime, meaning that it has to strictly follow the formula of your choosing until the day you die and only after your death is the anime is allowed to do something different, which formula would you choose? I always tell myself that I would choose the more classic Gen 1-Gen 6 formula, because slice-of-life isn't necessarily my cup of tea. But at the same time, I was able to guess the plots of most XY episodes within the first 5 minutes, and Sun and Moon was such a breathe of fresh air.

RafaSceptile

So, this is going to be an incredibly off-topic question, but I can't stop asking myself this lately.

The Pokémon anime, as of Journeys, has sort of cautified two different formulas. The classic formula of an endless road trip with from region to region with rotating groups of companions and several large scale but separate stpries, via Indigo to XY. And the formula of several smaller interconnected stories separated by slice-of-life stories focusing on the same small group of characters through Sun and Moon and Journeys.

If you had to choose one formula for the anime to follow for the rest of your foreseeable lifetime, meaning that it has to strictly follow the formula of your choosing until the day you die and only after your death is the anime is allowed to do something different, which formula would you choose? I always tell myself that I would choose the more classic Gen 1-Gen 6 formula, because slice-of-life isn't necessarily my cup of tea. But at the same time, I was able to guess the plots of most XY episodes within the first 5 minutes, and Sun and Moon was such a breathe of fresh air.
You have a somewhat similar thread for the topic of the change in the formula

As for me, the original formula is not bad, but it became extremely repetitive with a lot of status quo over the years, if the anime had a different format, it probably could be a lot better with the original formula.
The new formula gives to the anime a lot of necessary breath of fresh air, but the problems of both SM and JN are how they handle long-term stories. Both series have some good oneshot stories or episodes-arcs like the Aether Foundation, the Alola League or even the Darkest Day, but they struggle A LOT in the long-term writing department.

Rune Knight

So what pokemon you think will hatch from the egg besides toxel and kubfu

Could also be a Sinnoh Starter, akin to Dawn's Cyndaquil during DP.

But, I have a theory that it is going to be Toxel and that it is going to go to Goh. I know that everyone wants Ash to get one, however, I also have reason to believe it is going to act as Goh's next "shoulder pokémon" or walking companion after Grookey evolves.

I kind of want to be wrong since I want Grookey to stay as it is, but if they do go that route I won't complain.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Could also be a Sinnoh Starter, akin to Dawn's Cyndaquil during DP.

But, I have a theory that it is going to be Toxel and that it is going to go to Goh. I know that everyone wants Ash to get one, however, I also have reason to believe it is going to act as Goh's next "shoulder pokémon" after Grookey evolves.

I kind of want to be wrong since I want Grookey to stay as it is, but if they do go that route I won't complain.
Can't they have two eggs if it's toxel as we know that when it evolves it has a two different forms might be possible both ash and goh gets toxel in the form of eggs

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Honestly, I think that's why they did this whole Project Mew thing, Goh is gonna need to train if he wants to fulfill the missions that he will be given.

As for the catching regular Pokémon thing, I think his attempts would be better appreciated if he used different balls and actually showcased them.

They haven't even visited Kurt to get apricorn balls yet. In SM, they had some trainers use alt Poké Balls like Gladion and Lana. Why can't Goh?
Lana's capture just happened to be one where it never went into the ball as it replaced Primarina lol
Gladion didn't show up that often. And Mimikyu remained out of it's ball a lot as well

Heck it took from Totodile all the way to Poipole for them to finally let Ash utilize a different Pokeball, they aren't gonna break that with Goh. I imagine it'd be quite difficult to keep track of what got caught in what. Animating a plain Pokeball is simply easier for them hence why we rarely see different ones
Considering Ash is already in Hyper Class and already got an egg, i find it unlikely he gets one.
Give Chloe an egg, nobody else should get one. It'd actually be interesting to see her caring for one

Status
Not open for further replies.