• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

It pretty much has to be reserves.
Other than Pikachu, Dragonite and possibly Lucario if they pick things up with him. His current squad can't believably beat him

I always loved the line, it's Grookey that I don't like. And that opinion sure as heck won't change with it being an annoying twerp

Problem is that Ash uses Reserves against Leon, there was no point in giving him mons this series in the first place, since they could have just developed the mons he already owned before Journeys.

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Or, they could just... Oh, I don't know... Never bring back Ash's old traveling companions ever again? Try to let new series stand on their own without connections to the past? Bring back old rivals that are still filling the rival role so that they can serve a purpose in main character Ash's development instead of the development of his interchangeable companions?

If friends aren't forever why should rivals be? Haven't they been shown to be interchangeable just the same?

AxelJade

If friends aren't forever why should rivals be? Haven't they been shown to be interchangeable just the same?
The difference is that his rivals actually served a role in Ash's development. His friends are mainly just there so he's not alone spilling exposition to his Pokémon who can't speak back at him, and to help advertise Pokémon that Ash wouldn't be able to effectively show off if he had a rotating team that requires balancing who gets screentime and when.

Morax

King of heroes
The difference is that his rivals actually served a role in Ash's development. His friends are mainly just there so he's not alone spilling exposition to his Pokémon who can't speak back at him, and to help advertise Pokémon that Ash wouldn't be able to effectively show off if he had a rotating team that requires balancing who gets screentime and when.
The very idea of interchanging companions is pretty ****ing dumb. Especially when they get replaced without a closure to their story.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer

There was promo merchandise time ago involving the 3 Johto starters fully evolved. Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligator would be a nice add to Ash's team, and a way to compensate how "underdeveloped" were these three during Johto's arc. Personally, the one that interest me the most is Feraligator, because Ash's Water types tend to be quite "under developed", except for Greninja, Kingler and Lapras.

Trainer Micah

Yeah i am not believing it either unless that happens..

But would be nice to see at least Beyleef and Quilava to evolve if it happened. But if not well Ash can always do another evolution specifically in Corphish at least evolving his craps if not hm? Primeape returning would look cool in a long awaited come back for a anime return then again if it does return i wonder how it would settle in at the lab with Ash's other pokemon?...

Especially if Ash does get Kabfu to evolve into Utshifu depending on form at least.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
speaking of ash's possible Typhlosion, it looks like this merchandise is from a few months ago.
Well, suicune is still in the opening with the other two dogs, so a two parter in Johto doesn’t look like impossible.

I’m fine if beyleef doesn’t evolve and totodile can remain like that. Quilava kinda deserves it, but, I’m not taking that as guaranteed.

Risrhayne

Today is Cinderace Day!

How do you all feel about Bunny?

I missed the celebration but here goes!

I miss this burning bunny. You watch an episode today and compare it to the earlier ones and you’d feel like you’re watching two different shows. It hurts to see Cinderace relegated to cameos when they meant so much to the show. They’re Goh’s first Pokémon, he changed his dream to catch them. Goh is NOT a battler but the very few times we’ve seen him train his Pokémon, it’s mostly been Scorbunny. They’re the only Pokémon whose evolutions really felt earned.

Similar to Yamper, it just feels weird to see old ads for Journeys with Scorbunny everywhere and then you watch the show today and they rarely appear outside of a few minutes.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What's Yamper? All that matters is Eevee and Eevee-only!

Status
Not open for further replies.