• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingAsh

It doesn't matter who the remaining members of Masters 8 are because Ash will probably only battle Raihan in top 8, Cynthia in semifinals and Leon in the finals.

The remaining members like Lance would just be in the background. Iris could also make it to Masters 8 as she doesn't need to battle him again.

Master Pikachu 11

Now that I think about it you're right ash should use his reserves seriously now as he move up the ranks and the battle is really going to get tough from here on or maybe catch some more pokemon as there are variety of pokemon I would want for ash but I think in that 2 captures I think is possible in form of toxel and kubfu and his 2 pokemon lucario and gengar will get focus in the future
I would love if he caught those two
It is way unrealistic to beat master 8 trainer using recently captured pokemons.
Which is why he should get Pokémon while he is still in Hyper class and train them up, if he does catch anymore then I expect them to be either fully evolved or close to evolving to their final form.
It doesn't matter who the remaining members of Masters 8 are because Ash will probably only battle Raihan in top 8, Cynthia in semifinals and Leon in the finals.

The remaining members like Lance would just be in the background. Iris could also make it to Masters 8 as she doesn't need to battle him again.
I extremely doubt that he is only going to take on three of them and it just being a standard tournament, I fully expect him to take them all on and beat them so that when he faces Leon, it will show that Ash is good enough to face him. There should be no shortcuts if you want to challenge the best of the best then you have to beat out the rest of the competition.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
4a813ad83e5afd764d33a662da8c6cad.jpg

spoiler: he watch mr. bean tv series.

AxelJade

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see Greninja come back? The only one who wants to see Greninja fall into same "I promise I'll come back for you! ...I won't, but I promise I will!" void as Pidgeot?

I know that from a marketing standpoint, Greninja coming back for at least an episode is almost guaranteed, but still...

Greninja just isn't that interesting. Its personality is just "the stoic warrior guy". Its character arc was just a copy of Infernape's arc, with the only difference being that Ash actually tried to use Greninja's power to win while he never intentionally had Infernape use Blaze. If Greninja only comes back for one or two episodes, then all Greninja is going to do is look cool for a few minutes of battle time before being left in Kalos again. If Greninja rejoined Ash permanently, he's just going to get unceremoniously shoved into Oak's lab so he can meditate under a tree all day once it's time to reset the board again...

Is that really want when they say they want Greninja to come back? Or do they just want to see cool battle scenes where Ash wins without thinking of what the greater problems are?

Also, sorry for the out of nowhere ramble, but this has been on my mind for a while.

Last edited:

Martinat388

He did the thing!
Well, it's official, Core Gengar is Torterra 2.0.
Not necessarily, there's still at least 4 more hyper class battles, and at least 3 master class battles. While Bea's probably going to be Lucario's (and maybe Sirfetch'd) time to shine, there's still other fights, plus we might see Sabrina, which would be a good time for Gengar to shine

AxelJade

Not necessarily, there's still at least 4 more hyper class battles, and at least 3 master class battles. While Bea's probably going to be Lucario's (and maybe Sirfetch'd) time to shine, there's still other fights, plus we might see Sabrina, which would be a good time for Gengar to shine
It actually occured to me recently: What if the writers only gave Ash a Gengar so that we could get Gigantamax Gengar vs. Gigantamax Machamp when Ash and Bea have their three-on-three battle in the Hyper Class? If the whole reason Gengar hasn't gotten much attention is because that's the only long-term plan they have for Gengar?

If I'm right in that assumption... Well, I hope I'm wrong, but I just have a nagging feeling.

Master Pikachu 11

Why does everyone continue to think that there will be only 3 master class battles? Why would they hype up that Cynthia is in the Master of 8 and not have her battle Ash. I mean if Ash is just going to take on only 3 then there is no point in revealing who else is part of the Master of 8 because why should we care who else is part of the group, if Ash isn’t going to take them on. It would be like ok, Ash needs to take on Raihan and Lance then he can face Leon. There’s your battles no need to worry about who else is in the Master class since they are not going battle Ash anyway.

Martinat388

He did the thing!
Why does everyone continue to think that there will be only 3 master class battles? Why would they hype up that Cynthia is in the Master of 8 and not have her battle Ash. I mean if Ash is just going to take on only 3 then there is no point in revealing who else is part of the Master of 8 because why should we care who else is part of the group, if Ash isn’t going to take them on. It would be like ok, Ash needs to take on Raihan and Lance then he can face Leon. There’s your battles no need to worry about who else is in the Master class since they are not going battle Ash anyway.
I said at least 3 fights. I didn't say it'd be less. And I meant at least 3 in terms of Raihan, Cynthia, and Leon. I didn't include Lance because I'm not entirely sure he'll fight him, but you're probably right about there being at least 4

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Am I the only one who doesn't want to see Greninja come back? The only one who wants to see Greninja fall into same "I promise I'll come back for you! ...I won't, but I promise I will!" void as Pidgeot?

I know that from a marketing standpoint, Greninja coming back for at least an episode is almost guaranteed, but still...

Greninja just isn't that interesting. Its personality is just "the stoic warrior guy". Its character arc was just a copy of Infernape's arc, with the only difference being that Ash actually tried to use Greninja's power to win while he never intentionally had Infernape use Blaze. If Greninja only comes back for one or two episodes, then all Greninja is going to do is look cool for a few minutes of battle time before being left in Kalos again. If Greninja rejoined Ash permanently, he's just going to get unceremoniously shoved into Oak's lab so he can meditate under a tree all day once it's time to reset the board again...

Is that really want when they say they want Greninja to come back? Or do they just want to see cool battle scenes where Ash wins without thinking of what the greater problems are?

Also, sorry for the out of nowhere ramble, but this has been on my mind for a while.
I agree. But if Greninja returned, I would like to see a scenario, or even arc, where Ash has to learn to use more strategy with him and actually see that even as Ash-Greninja, he isn't invincible and can be beaten, even by a non-Mega Evolved, non-Dynamax/Gigantamaxed Pokémon. I'll use an example from something I wrote a while back. Let's say that Ash-Greninja is facing a Grass-type Pokémon. I'd have it where the Grass Trainer has the Grass-type use Sleep Powder to cover the field. Since Ash-Greninja is a close to mid-ranged fighter, he's screwed because to attack, he'd have to go into the cloud of Sleep Powder, which would put him to sleep and allow the Grass-type to wail on him with super-effective attacks. and if he uses Double Team to go evasive, prompting the use of Sleep Powder to protect the Grass-type Pokémon, and then uses the Water Shuriken, even the Orange Water Shuriken, well, its effects on the cloud now give away Ash-Greninja's location, meaning that if the Grass-type has a ranged Grass-type attack, it has a good chance of scoring a direct hit on Ash-Greninja and taking it down, or significantly weakening it and neutralizing Double Team.

It could teach Ash some valuable lessons that would not only help Greninja become that much more powerful and dangerous, but can also be used for his other Pokémon, particularly the ones that job a little too much for the fandom's taste.

AxelJade

I agree. But if Greninja returned, I would like to see a scenario, or even arc, where Ash has to learn to use more strategy with him and actually see that even as Ash-Greninja, he isn't invincible and can be beaten, even by a non-Mega Evolved, non-Dynamax/Gigantamaxed Pokémon. I'll use an example from something I wrote a while back. Let's say that Ash-Greninja is facing a Grass-type Pokémon. I'd have it where the Grass Trainer has the Grass-type use Sleep Powder to cover the field. Since Ash-Greninja is a close to mid-ranged fighter, he's screwed because to attack, he'd have to go into the cloud of Sleep Powder, which would put him to sleep and allow the Grass-type to wail on him with super-effective attacks. and if he uses Double Team to go evasive, prompting the use of Sleep Powder to protect the Grass-type Pokémon, and then uses the Water Shuriken, even the Orange Water Shuriken, well, its effects on the cloud now give away Ash-Greninja's location, meaning that if the Grass-type has a ranged Grass-type attack, it has a good chance of scoring a direct hit on Ash-Greninja and taking it down, or significantly weakening it and neutralizing Double Team.

It could teach Ash some valuable lessons that would not only help Greninja become that much more powerful and dangerous, but can also be used for his other Pokémon, particularly the ones that job a little too much for the fandom's taste.
Please no. Ash has had enough arcs of needing to learn how to battle differently to accommodate different fighting styles. Ash not knowing he needs to be careful when battling opponents that use distance tactics or status tactics was the whole point of Counter Shield in DP, for instance. To counter Fantina's Hypnosis.

It's like how I feel about Ash still having depression arcs. They make it seem like Ash hasn't learned anything. Making Ash somehow unaware that Greninja can be taken out by Pokémon that attack from the a distance just makes Ash look like an idiot. Worse than that, Ash acting like Greninja is an instant win just makes him look supremely arrogant, but he outgrew that arrogance after Johto.

So I respectfully disagree with you on this.

Which is why he should get Pokémon while he is still in Hyper class and train them up, if he does catch anymore then I expect them to be either fully evolved or close to evolving to their final form.
I think it is too late for training them as he is already in Hyper Class. It would be dumb to have training arc for newly captuted pokemon at this level when he should be battling seriously unless it is yet another offscreen land training.

AxelJade

Why does everyone continue to think that there will be only 3 master class battles?
Easy. After 20+ years of Pokémon using a more standard tournament format for stories like this, everyone applies that structure to the PWC. Whether or not they realize it. If there are only 8 Trainers in the Master Class, and if you treat the Master Class like a bracketed tournament, then yeah. There would only be 3 battles involving Ash. A Top 8, a Top 4, and a Final. And it would be structured very deliberately so that Ash only gets to battle the Trainers he has a connection to that ties into his character arc for the generation, while everyone else is fodder and spectacle that serves no deeper purpose than building hype and drama. "Oh my God! I can't believe that guy lost and was eliminated! I wanted Ash to battle them!" and "That newer Trainer is really strong if they were able to beat that Trainer I knew first! How strong are they?! Can Ash beat them?!" and all of that shallow melodrama that makes this genre what it is.

Is that how the Master Class will work? Probably not (I would prefer it, but it probably won't). But is that how the Pokémon anime had handled events like this for years, how people are used to it bring handled, and how they subconsciously expect it to be handled? Yes.

BlazingAsh

I extremely doubt that he is only going to take on three of them and it just being a standard tournament, I fully expect him to take them all on and beat them so that when he faces Leon, it will show that Ash is good enough to face him. There should be no shortcuts if you want to challenge the best of the best then you have to beat out the rest of the competition.
It is a standard tournament. Goh explained in episode 13 how master class battles work.
Master class battles are all probably full battles and they never give us more than 2 or 3 full battles in any series anyway.

I mean beating Cynthia alone should mean he's a good enough trainer to face him.

AxelJade

It is a standard tournament. Goh explained in episode 13 how master class battles work.
Master class battles are all probably full battles and they never give us more than 2 or 3 full battles in any series anyway.

I mean beating Cynthia alone should mean he's a good enough trainer to face him.
I miss full battles. I remembering being one of the people who was disappointed that Sun and Moon didn't have any full battles until Ash vs. Kukui, and if you don't want to count that one because "it was the final majorly important battle of the Gen 7 anime. Of course it was a full battle", we haven't had full battles since XY&Z with Ash vs. Shota and Ash vs. Alan.

Morax

King of heroes

You got no problem with pika Z but AG is a no-no?

Status
Not open for further replies.