• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelJade

There is one key difference.

Pikashunium-Z is a tool. A tool that thematically represents Ash's bond with Pikachu creating a new exclusive power, but a tool nonetheless. Nothing is really gained or lost by bringing it back besides a little flair and dramatic emphasis in fights.

Greninja is supposed to be just as much a character as it is a tool for battle. All Pokémon in the anime pull double duty as both tools of combat and characters with emotions that can bond with characters. And I said previously that I don't think Ash-Greninja is that great of a character, outside of what he borrows from Infernape's character arc. He's the stoic, stalwart hero guy, and that's it. No extra tics or gags to define him outside of that. I don't think saying that a bad character should stay out of the show.

Morax

King of heroes
I'm not even defending him, i'm saying that he already confirmed that, also we are all bias in the end we all have things we like that some other would like and viceversa
I'm an extremist so can't relate. You either love everything or hate everything, there's no middle ground. :)

Morax

King of heroes
There is one key difference.

Pikashunium-Z is a tool. A tool that thematically represents Ash's bond with Pikachu creating a new exclusive power, but a tool nonetheless. Nothing is really gained or lost by bringing it back besides a little flair and dramatic emphasis in fights.

Greninja is supposed to be just as much a character as it is a tool for battle. All Pokémon in the anime pull double duty as both tools of combat and characters with emotions that can bond with characters. And I said previously that I don't think Ash-Greninja is that great of a character, outside of what he borrows from Infernape's character arc. He's the stoic, stalwart hero guy, and that's it. No extra tics or gags to define him outside of that. I don't think saying that a bad character should stay out of the show.
>a plot device that guarantees victory is better than a plot device that doesn't
what? I'll take AG any day because it's more than just a 'tool'. A bad character he may be but at least he has a character unlike a certain plot hax that literally only exists for winning.

And if you want to argue philosophies all pokemon are tools at the end of the day. They serve no other purpose than 'battling' each other, that personality slapped on them is irrelevent.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
No she's one of the silhouettes for hyper class lmao
She’s going to be like Bea where she’s constantly moving up. She’ll be the one to beat Leon before Ash

deliaketchum

If top 8 will be Leon, Lance, Cynthia, Raihan, Bea, Ash, two unknown(x and y). Then the tournament will be like this:-
1st Round
Ash vs Bea - ash wins
Cynthia vs Raihan- Cynthia wins
Leon Vs X - Leon wins
Lance vs Y - Lance wins
2nd round
Ash Vs Cynthia - Ash Wins, Leon Vs Lance - Leon wins
3rd round
Ash wins

ShadowForce720

And then people will complain like they did against Dracovish beating Irish's Angrynite.

What new pokemon? Hisui?
He’s talking about the new Pokémon that are being introduced in Pokémon Legends Arceus, which so far are the following:
Wyrdeer(Normal/Psychic) - Evolves from Stantler
Basculegion(Water/Ghost) - Evolves from Basculin
Hisuian Growlithe(Fire/Rock)
Hisuian Braviary(Psychic/Flying).

Keep in mind we likely haven’t seen all the new Pokémon that are going to be in Pokémon Legends Arceus yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.