• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megapixel

If Goh takes part, then I can't see him getting any significant moments to bond with Alcremie and impress Opal, when Ash, Koharu, Leon, Raihan, etc. are also around.

Given that each contestant is working with an Alcremie, I don't expect Goh to express any special interest in having one.
I suppose that we will have a Small focus of a few minutes for each participant, so it is difficult for someone in particular to become fond of their partner alcremie and to stand out, although we would have to wait at least until the advance of the chapter to know it

BlazingAsh

I love Goh but makes no sense why he wouldn't want to catch Volcarona or why he would want to release Suicune/Absol or why A Ninetales has to be released into the wild and not be kept with Goh. The writers don't seem clear on what the morality of catching pokemon is and are very inconsistent with Goh showing no interest in catching certain Pokemon, wanting to release them to him battling and catching wild Pokemon like Roggenrola, Ferrothorn, Flygon etc.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I love Goh but makes no sense why he wouldn't want to catch Volcarona or why he would want to release Suicune/Absol or why A Ninetales has to be released into the wild and not be kept with Goh. The writers don't seem clear on what the morality of catching pokemon is and are very inconsistent with Goh showing no interest in catching certain Pokemon, wanting to release them to him battling and catching wild Pokemon like Roggenrola, Ferrothorn, Flygon etc.
While i did think of that as well, it would probably a bad idea to try and antagonize the thing that’s controlling the fire that the two boys couldn’t contain. Probably just asking to get roasted if he even tried, and not with words.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Writers can give Ash and Goh one Pokemon each, too, no problem.
Rather, Goh will fall into the forest and catch that pokemon right away, and Ash could establish a relationship with this pokemon during the contest and then catch the one Opal recommends to him. I can imagine that.
Alcremie has 70 different colors depending on which fruit Milcery uses for its evolution.

Let's not forget that the anime development staff probably put Dazzling Gleam for Gengar by mistake, and that probably has more to do with Alcremie. As you know, Alcremie can learn this movement.

Arlon Akai

Ninetales wanted to go back home? Goh has morals and limits to what he catches, such as if a mon doesn't want to stay with him or if it has a job.

ShadowForce720

Except that Goh constantly catches wild Pokemon without caring about whether they want to be separated from their habitat and join him.
It was literally established the Alolan Ninetales was taken from its home by Pokémon Hunters and goals mission was and he promised Alolan Ninetales to get it to calm down was that he would return to its home.

Also what you fail to mention is that those Pokémon that Goh catch never really express an interest in going back into the wild and seem to be satisfied with their situation.

It’s been shown before that if a Pokémon is truly dissatisfied with its situation then it will express its dissatisfaction and may even leave its trainer.

Your comparing apples and oranges and saying they are the same when they aren’t.

Megapixel

Writers can give Ash and Goh one Pokemon each, too, no problem.
Rather, Goh will fall into the forest and catch that pokemon right away, and Ash could establish a relationship with this pokemon during the contest and then catch the one Opal recommends to him. I can imagine that.
Alcremie has 70 different colors depending on which fruit Milcery uses for its evolution.

Let's not forget that the anime development staff probably put Dazzling Gleam for Gengar by mistake, and that probably has more to do with Alcremie. As you know, Alcremie can learn this movement.
Everything will depend on whether they show us the boys walking through the forest or directly they already arrive at the place of the competition

BlazingAsh

It was literally established the Alolan Ninetales was taken from its home by Pokémon Hunters and goals mission was and he promised Alolan Ninetales to get it to calm down was that he would return to its home.

Also what you fail to mention is that those Pokémon that Goh catch never really express an interest in going back into the wild and seem to be satisfied with their situation.

It’s been shown before that if a Pokémon is truly dissatisfied with its situation then it will express its dissatisfaction and may even leave its trainer.

Your comparing apples and oranges and saying they are the same when they aren’t.
It's convenient to just let pokemon stay with the trainer since Goh is catching so many now.
And whether or not the pokemon wishes to stay with the trainer after getting caught is a different thing because most Pokemon just obey their trainer automatically once they're caught.

But the show is inconsistent about letting pokemon make the choice to join a trainer without them having to throw pokeball or weakening them first to catch them.

They showed Goh offering to release Suicune and Absol because he caught them to rescue them. Why would Goh not want to catch them and keep them like he does with the rest of his Pokemon. Why does he not show interest in catching pokemon like Volcarona and Larvesta while he chucks pokeballs at various other pokemon as soon as he sees them?

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

It's convenient to just let pokemon stay with the trainer since Goh is catching so many now.
And whether or not the pokemon wishes to stay with the trainer after getting caught is a different thing because most Pokemon just obey their trainer automatically once they're caught.

But the show is inconsistent about pokemon making a choice to join Goh without Goh having to throw pokeball or weakening it first to catch them.

They showed Goh offering to release Suicune and Absol because he caught them to rescue them. Why would Goh not want to catch them and keep them like he does with the rest of his Pokemon. Why does he not show interest in catching pokemon like Volcarona and Larvesta while he chucks pokeballs at various other pokemon as soon as he sees them?
Do you just not pay attention to the situation those said Pokémon are in ,because it’s not that hard to understand if you actually look the circumstances where those situations occurred.

Like for instance Goh had just managed to calm down the Larvesta and Volcarona after a Hunter had tried to steal their eggs not to mention that Volcarona was the one that absorbed all the fire.

It’s pretty obvious that if he tried to catch them in that situation that it would only cause them and the remaining ones to go on a rampage not to mention those Pokémon we’re taking care of the eggs.

Last edited:

BlazingAsh

Do you just not pay attention to the situation those said Pokémon are in ,because it’s not that hard to understand if you actually look the circumstances where those situations occurred.

Like for instance Goh had just managed to calm down the Larvesta and Volcarona after a Hunter had tried to steal their eggs not to mention that Volcarona was the one that absorbed all the fire.

It’s pretty obvious that if he tried to catch them in that situation that it would only cause them and the remaining ones to go on a rampage not to mention those Pokémon we’re taking care of the eggs.
The way Goh offered to release Absol and Suicune was as if Pokemon are always given the choice of joining the trainer only if they want to which was funny.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I wonder if Hodaka's Mime Jr. will evolve, or if we may get a situation where it bonds with and joins Goh.

Since Hodaka is going to be a key supporting character going forward, I don't think it is a coincidence that he was given a Mime Jr., so I would assume that it is this Mime Jr. that will show off G-Mime. You also have the odd decision to have Ash's Mime at the Sakuragi laboratory, and I would think that the writers would want to bring them together at some point to show off their differences.

I don't think Ash would bring Mime along for a PM mission, and I can't see Hodaka visiting the lab, though I suppose Goh and Ash could just comment on the differences. Though if it does bond with one of them, I would consider Goh more likely as it would be PM related.

Hodaka being a poacher would also be another reason to separate Mime from him/ Mime to leave him.

aipomadvanceshipper

If Goh takes part, then I can't see him getting any significant moments to bond with Alcremie and impress Opal, when Ash, Koharu, Leon, Raihan, etc. are also around.

Given that each contestant is working with an Alcremie, I don't expect Goh to express any special interest in having one.
Don't underestimate goh and captures. Episode may not even be about him and he might get that pokemon we think ash may catch. He had a goal and he's quick to capture. I remember when Gary said he catches them first and ask questions later and ash got upset talking about bonding with them but that's what goh does. You can catch then bond later. It makes it seem less emotional to other captures. With ashs captures you feel attached but with gohs its just collection. I haven't found any attachments to gohs pokemon, the trio were promotional and you don't see cinderace much

Then there is chloe who only has eevee, yamper should have been her pokemon but all chloes episodes are on eevee meeting its evolution. She still has no goal and I wish she and ash have an episode without go.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Seeing the 2 Urshifus with Asahi and Tsurugi, I think it's a bad omen hinting that Kubfu will debut with Goh...

Do you think Ash will keep that Alcremie? Since even if Goh keeps one, and Opal has one, that won't matter since Alcremie has like 64 forms with 8 distinguised difference...

Yes I guess, ashzard has defeated ice bird and had upperhand on one on one with angrinite
Uh, not sure if Angrynite feat is worth mentioning since it was LOLdiffed by Dracovish...

Status
Not open for further replies.