• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
If Ash traveled around the region on foot as it was in the previous series, we would partially more see his pokemon crew. But in JN, unfortunately, they are often in the Cerise laboratory base, which we very little see them.

even Bea has more pokémon available than Ash, and probably more variety,
Ash has used more pokemons than Bea in this series and the pokemons he has greatly outnumber Bea's pokemon.
I’ve been wanting to ask this for a while, if you had a choice between Leon or Goh, who would you have wanted to catch Eternatus?
Ash Ketchum.
I just feel so...unimpressed/underwhelmed of that’s the outcome. I mean I guess that’s a me problem, but still
Does that mean you were left unimpressed by AG, DP, XY, and SM but were impressed by BW instead?

ShadowForce720

Neither, it should have been Ash
The other two are unlikeable clowns
Considering the fact part of Goh’s goal is to capture all the Pokémon and capturing Eternatus actually progresses his goal even with it being immediately sealed away it makes more sense for Goh to capture it then Ash.

Like I can understand not liking or hating Goh however in no way it does make any sense for Ash to capture Eternatus over Goh when Eternatus is just going to be sealed away immediately afterwards.

Ash gains absolutely nothing from catching Eternatus and the immediately sealing it away.

Plus I think a lot of people would agree here that if Ash’s is going to get his first legendary Pokémon that is not a mythical, and/or Ultra Beast Pokémon it should be one that he at least uses especially if is a mascot legendary even if it winds up getting released.

Rather then having Ash’s first legendary Pokémon that isn’t a mythical or UB be one that is immediately sealed away and he never uses.

If anything it would be bad writing to have Ash capture Eternatus over the other main character whose literal goal is to catch every Pokémon especially when Eternatus was going to be immediately sealed away.

I could maybe understand if it was a situation where Ash was going to keep Eternatus and bond with it, but since Eternatus was immediately going to be sealed away regardless of who catches it.

Then no regardless of how people may feel about Ash or Goh it doesn’t make any sense for Ash to be the one to catch Eternatus.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Considering the fact part of Goh’s goal is to capture all the Pokémon and capturing Eternatus actually progresses his goal even with it being immediately sealed away it makes more sense for Goh to capture it then Ash.

Like I can understand not liking or hating Goh however in no way it does make any sense for Ash to capture Eternatus over Goh when Eternatus is just going to be sealed away immediately afterwards.

Ash gains absolutely nothing from catching Eternatus and the immediately sealing it away.

Plus I think a lot of people would agree here that if Ash’s is going to get his first legendary Pokémon that is not a mythical, and/or Ultra Beast Pokémon it should be one that he at least uses especially if is a mascot legendary even if it winds up getting released.

Rather then having Ash’s first legendary Pokémon that isn’t a mythical or UB be one that is immediately sealed away and he never uses.

If anything it would be bad writing to have Ash capture Eternatus over the other main character whose literal goal is to catch every Pokémon especially when Eternatus was going to be immediately sealed away.

I could maybe understand if it was a situation where Ash was going to keep Eternatus and bond with it, but since Eternatus was immediately going to be sealed away regardless of who catches it.

Then no regardless of how people may feel about Ash or Goh it doesn’t make any sense for Ash to be the one to catch Eternatus.
I personally would have wanted Leon to get it. I also agree that Ash shouldn’t have it either (there are more suitable legendaries for him)

As for Goh having it, well you know where I stand on him, regardless of his goal.

ImBeVillain

No more six members

that why Solgaleo should be a perfect pokemon for Ash, but that was shame he didn't caught.

I envisioned him catching Solgaleo after the Alola League final ended and using it against Kukui with Tapu Koko rather than Naganadel.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

Exactly, Eternatus is too dangerous so when Goh caught it i didn't even bat an eyelash, i knew he wasn't going to keep it since it needed to be contained.

Imagine thinking Ash needs more pokemon when Gengar's done nothing but get his ass beat for three consecutive battles lol and the rest just stand there 80% of the time.

It's not weather "He thinks" it or not, it's the writers choice weather he gets more pokemon or not.

Sure stand around for 80% of the time, yet Gengar aside they can battle at high levels just like most of his reserves can which at the current time is more beneficial to Ash's goal.

ShadowForce720

I'm referring to all the people who want him to get more pokemon here when he barely uses the ones he does have lol.
So what people should just stop speculating on more potential captures for Ash? Considering that like Zard said it’s the writers or the people in charge of the anime choice whether he gets new Pokémon or not and not our choice, I’m not seeing why people shouldn’t speculate on more captures for Ash when it is very much possible that he could get additional captures.

For the same reason, it make more sense that Ash only catch 5-7 pokemons (not counting Pikachu here) and have Goh catch the rest.

ShadowForce720

For the same reason, it make more sense that Ash only catch 5-7 pokemons (not counting Pikachu here) and have Goh catch the rest.
Considering the amount of Pokémon they are Ash doesn’t have to be limited to 5-7 Pokémon, as even if he got 10-15 Pokémon that wouldn’t really effect Goh as there are still plenty of other Pokémon to catch.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sure stand around for 80% of the time, yet Gengar aside they can battle at high levels just like most of his reserves can which at the current time is more beneficial to Ash's goal.
I think we all acknowledge that his current team is decent enough when it comes to serious battles, but this series has a strange habit of rarely showing interactions between his Pokemon, as well as making on-screen training rather sparse. So Satoshi having a full team yet hardly doing much with said team aside from battling [and even in those circumstances, some of those Pokemon remain underutilized] rubs me the wrong way.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit

I'm hoping we see more of Eternatus after that tease at the end of the DD arc. Rose, Oleana, and the dogs too.
I'm guessing that's the reason especially considering we only had so far a few episodes that take place in Sinnoh.
They did give the Matori Matrix the Team Galactic Commanders pokemon, and had them appear twice in Sinnoh, including the Darkrai plot.

I wonder if they will be significant in the upcoming Sinnoh winter arc?
True but I have hard time believing he won't catch anything on Mega Island.
I will look forward to your confidence being proved right then.

Random Goh predictions:

-Cleffa (0%)

-Unown '!' and '?' (50/50)

-Sableye (reaching)

-Rlicanth? (for real? couldn't keep it anyway)

-Remoraid (good odds)

-Scizorite (for the Lulz)

-Something Sinnoh (Not yet)

Master Pikachu 11

Imagine thinking Ash needs more pokemon when Gengar's done nothing but get his ass beat for three consecutive battles lol and the rest just stand there 80% of the time.
He has only lost two consecutive battles and I expect him to bounce back next time when he Gigantamaxes.
Never said he can't, I'm saying he shouldn't, especially since they rushed through the tournament so he's not going to have that many battles left.
They haven’t rushed through the tournament as the real challenge has now begun. After the rematch with Bea, Ash has three more battles left in Hyper class and even though I have been saying this since before the Poke Fan issue came out that I still expect Ash to have to battle all 8 Master class opponents. Whoever the other four are will be quite interesting. But yes I expect there to be more battles then most on here think.

Status
Not open for further replies.