• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Actually, there is a low chance of gen 8 lasting for four years due to the anime, the VCG (Needs new mons to stay fresh and SWSH is the main competitive setting), the marketing needs new mons to keep selling products, the TCG needs new mons (New sets aren't new mons, they are only new sets). Everything lines up for gen 9 coming late 2022.
Legends Arceus is itself going to introduce brand new Pokemon and might get DLC.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Do you think Ash's current (WCS) team be his team before Gen. 9/new series kicks off? Or there will be a shuffle with new mons like BW, OS-Johto or AG-BF?

It's just unbelievable that he won't catch more mons from IoA/CT, BDSP and PLA...

D

Deleted member 384931

Legends Arceus is itself going to introduce brand new Pokemon and might get DLC.
I cant see them spending months on Legend Arceus in the anime. Most remakes or premakes get 5 episodes max. HG SLSL Got a few episodes in DP with Lyra, the Ranger Games got a few in AG and DP, BW2 got a few episodeson Cheren and such in BW and in XY we got a few things adapted in the ME specials for ORAS, LGPE got Melmetal and Sandy in the anime. At best I see BD And SP getting that DP Winter Special. Speaking of the DLC, Crown of Tundra and Island of Amor havent been adapted into the anime yet.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I cant see them spending months on Legend Arceus in the anime. Most remakes or premakes get 5 episodes max. HG SLSL Got a few episodes in DP with Lyra, the Ranger Games got a few in AG and DP, BW2 got a few episodeson Cheren and such in BW and in XY we got a few things adapted in the ME specials for ORAS, LGPE got Melmetal and Sandy in the anime. At best I see BD And SP getting that DP Winter Special. Speaking of the DLC, Crown of Tundra and Island of Amor havent been adapted into the anime yet.
They can do whatever they want now because the anime is no longer solely focused on the current gen.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Do you think Ash's current (WCS) team be his team before Gen. 9/new series kicks off?

It certainly feels like this is what we're getting.

I was holding out hope for much more, not feeling it anymore.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Do you think Ash's current (WCS) team be his team before Gen. 9/new series kicks off? Or there will be a shuffle with new mons like BW, OS-Johto or AG-BF?

It's just unbelievable that he won't catch more mons from IoA/CT, BDSP and PLA...
At the moment it feels that way. Although I’m still putting my doubts on it being like that for the rest of the series.

nickdt

I'd rather they delay the games too, but more for quality assurance rather than anything to do with the anime. Then again, it begs the question as to why they're rushing the PWC so much.

Tbh, Legends Arceus releasedate in january is also kinda suspicious. I mean, if they aren't gonna announce anything on Pokemon Day 2022 in terms of mainline games, then putting Legends Arceus in March on its earliest would have been a smarter move to financially give BDSP some time to breath.

Then there is that SWSH is the main competitive setting, which means they need to constantly patch SWSH as well, despite that game most likely will be kinda dead from a playthrough perspective cuz the majority will either play BDSP or Legends Arceus.

So its much easier from a marketing and business perspective to bring out a new game that has those Pokemon in, than to patch them in a game only for competive, when hardly anyone is playing those games anymore.

Another thing is forgot to mention in here, is Pokemon Go. Sure, we don't have all the Pokemon yet, but they will run out of new mons in 2022 as well in the pace they are going, so Go also needs more Pokemon (And no, not the character).

Last edited:

Ibrahim Saidu

I just hope Ash catches at least 1-3 mom's from Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos and Alola and 3-4 from Galar region before he enters the Master Class

ZarudeSandstorm

We will definitely have one 4 year generation since Gen X needs to start in 2026 in order to be 30th anniversary of Pokemon.
So either this gen which is imo likely as in arceus game is coming up in jan which means dlcs for that game in entirety of 2022. I really doubt we will see Gen 9 in 2022 because of arceus game.

When it comes to anime at pace they are going idk what will come in 2023 before gen 9 since i think master class will happen next year. Ash is in 60's now and definitely will be at least in 40's after beating Bea, that's my prediction.I don't think we will see any hyper class battles this year, imo after Beas. Based on that scene, we know Ash has 5 Hyper class opponents which now 3 remains: 1 girl and 2 guys.
I can see one being Paul because these months are DP pandering which I think it will be in January. Maybe March is against girl and May against that guy which means master class to start in July/August( or September as latest).
Since Master class will be a tournament i think it will be like: 2 vs 4, 1 vs 3 etc. IDK it they will be full battles even tho its logical. but if they are i think each one will be 2 episodes which is 6 or lets even add 7.So we would be done with master class before 2023 even if starts in september.

If this happens what will happen until 2023( almost entire year)? idk, maybe we will get orange islands or decolore islands 2.0.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 384931

I'd hate to type like a madman but...
Long idea: but I still think that Ash Ketchum could leave Pocket Monsters (2019) by pulling a Orange islands after he beaten Leon and then there's a Gen 9 region, I just love the idea and concept of this "Pocket Monsters (2019)" but it was poorly executed because Writers always rush it. I Just wish it was based on Feedback of Serebii forums, oh wait. Writers rarely listen to Serebii Forums and Look, I like the idea of Goh using "Gotta Catch 'em all" narrative but It should have been Chloe catching more Pokémon like Goh would be. I just wish Ash Ketchum could retire after Pocket Monsters (2019) like Digimon Adventure (2020) was. Chloe being a Pokémon Trainer could be saved for Gen 9. Chloe could be the next Gen 9 Protagonist, It would been a nice change of pace but she could have no time for Contest or being a Eevee taxi, She could have more time for Pokemon battles (I know they are masculine but Chloe could have change that thing) and maybe challenge Gym Leaders and the Champion.

Short Idea: I think Chloe could replace Ash Ketchum but with a Female Pikachu replacing Eevee this time.
Keep on dreaming!

Rune Knight

So what More evolutions you think we'll get in Legends

I know that this is probably the wrong place to discuss this, but damn it I need to now.

There's a floating theory around that we'll eventually get an evolution for each of the corresponding HMs.

So far we have Hisiuan Briavary for Fly, and Basculegion for Surf.

So we're missing the ones for Cut, Strength, Flash, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, Dive, De Fog, Waterfall, and Rock Climb.

Kleavor is speculated to have Cut due to having axes for arms.

Wyrdeer could have Flash because it is partially normal type and can likely light up its antlers, but it could also just be a ride Pokémon and nothing else.

Hisiuan Arcanine being a rock type could be given Rock Smash.

And a few months back we were provided with an image of a silhouetted Pokémon climbing a mountain so that would likely be Rock Climb. Some have speculated it to be an alternate evolution to Nuzleaf.

EvSFXKtXYAYkzNS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.