• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Ah yes, the XY series. The series being the only series whose League was rushed and with 2 sorry useless excuses of captures aka Goodra and Noivern.
Yep the one thing that made that series not the best was the league, like not being able to see how Hawlucha was able to defeat Astrid’s Mega Absol was probably the biggest disappointment in the league besides the final championship battle lost against Alain.
Remind me how goodra was useless when it tied against a fairy type, and lost to a One hit KO?
It is overrated because it lost to a one hit KO and did absolutely nothing when it came back to try and help Ash out in the league. Nagandel did more when it came back then Goodra. Goodra hardly had any impact on Ash’s two league battles that it would have been better if he just captured another Pokémon to do the same thing. It evolved too quickly then was left at the swamp instead of staying with Ash and getting more experience. I will take Dragonite over it any day of the week.

D

Deleted member 384931

Yep the one thing that made that series not the best was the league, like not being able to see how Hawlucha was able to defeat Astrid’s Mega Absol was probably the biggest disappointment in the league besides the final championship battle lost against Alain.

It is overrated because it lost to a one hit KO and did absolutely nothing when it came back to try and help Ash out in the league. Nagandel did more when it came back then Goodra. Goodra hardly had any impact on Ash’s two league battles that it would have been better if he just captured another Pokémon to do the same thing. It evolved too quickly then was left at the swamp instead of staying with Ash and getting more experience. I will take Dragonite over it any day of the week.
Like I said, every series has its flaws and good qualities.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ah yes, the XY series. The series being the only series whose League was rushed and with 2 sorry useless excuses of captures aka Goodra and Noivern.
Goodra was done dirty cause they released him for no good reason.
What was Ash too OP? There was a Fairy and Ice Gym immediately afterwards!
And there was a ****ing army protecting the swamp now, no need for Goodra to be stuck there! They didn't even fill the slot to top things off! Then the entire League was the Pikach and Greninja show so he and Noivern both got robbed and forced to draw/lose.
Every modern release was utter garbage, the click baits were the only emotional ones up until this saga(Raboot was just stupid)

Goodra didn't need to leave and it'd have been interesting seeing Ash overcome Goodra's type disadvantage against Valerie and Wulfric. And Greninja leaving to 'help' what was essentially hyped up as Arceus itself was just straight stupid, what was so wrong with Greninja going home with the others? Not like Ash would whip him out and slay the next League.... and then he went and won the next League anyways making the release feel even more stupid!

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Godra was done dirty? Yes

But what surprises me is the difference. In 20 episodes or less I think he was captured, fully developed and released, in this series some Pokémon had done nothing in 20 or even 30 episodes .

Morax

King of heroes
but no one ever explains exactly how the Ash-Greninja arc was a waste
Because all of that development amounted to nothing. Greninja never got a chance to show off his strength. The TF arc wasn't really a display of power.
and Ash's loss to Alain is foreshadowed the minute he tells Alain to enter the League
No it wasn't. Ash had already lost to him, twice. The set up was obviously towards a victory. The loss was most probably a last minute decision.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Its definitely a time sink. It's still fun, though, and its a great way to get mythicals and legendaries.
I got like 3 spare Zamazentas without having to buy Shield lol

(I had one already I got from GTS but nice having some where I'm the OT)

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak

You'll need a lot of dog food or maybe even lots of deers...... (Maybe zamazenta is a vegan ).

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
You'll need a lot of dog food or maybe even lots of deers...... (Maybe zamazenta is a vegan ).
That's a lot of Stantlers and Sawsbucks.

GO Fest was great for the legendary collections in my house. My kids and I caught a ton of legendaries.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
That's a lot of Stantlers and Sawsbucks.

GO Fest was great for the legendary collections in my house. My kids and I caught a ton of legendaries.
With Go Fest, I ended up getting four Palkias. FOUR.

I got a shiny Ho-Oh, too, but I already had one.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Wait did you get them from PoGo? Can you transfer Pokémon from Pogo to swsh and vice versa?
There’s PoGo to SwSh transfer, but not the other way around.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
No it wasn't. Ash had already lost to him, twice. The set up was obviously towards a victory. The loss was most probably a last minute decision.
The loss wasn't a last minute decision, Alain wasn't invented just for the League and he'd been established as a big brick wall that Ash could not hope to defeat with his current team. Writers have already said that Alain was planned from the start to KO Ash of the League. The true last minute write was Tobias who appeared right as the Sinnoh League started. Alain wasn't a last minute additon, he had an established presence and there was no indication outright that Ash was going to beat him. The climatic Ash victory was Sawyer

Morax

King of heroes
Alain wasn't invented just for the League and he'd been established as a big brick wall that Ash could not hope to defeat with his current team
So….just like paul and gladion?
Writers have already said that Alain was planned from the start to KO Ash of the League
source or gtfo
Alain wasn't a last minute additon, he had an established presence and there was no indication outright that Ash was going to beat him
Watch some shounen for god’s sake. ‘MC losing to the rival several times before defeating him at the big event’ is hardly a pokemon thing and it’s obvious that’s what they were going for.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Watch some shounen for god’s sake. ‘MC losing to the rival several times before defeating him at the big event’ is hardly a pokemon thing and it’s obvious that’s what they were going for.
XY was never shounen. It had shounen-like action but was still a komodo anime at heart.

Plus here's the source: Some things I misremembered but thay seemed to be the director's intent within the story of XYZ to have Alain be at the League. So seems that the loss wasn't a last minute write like Tobias
Take everything in that interview with a grain of salt post-XY coz director left after XYZ and isn't in charge of SM/JN

Jers745

I dont know :p
Lets be honnest here it was a shounen like, and alain was probably gonna lose like Morax said tho if anything it was a reasonable outcome greninja had only just mastered his new form meanwhile charizad had already battled legendaries and other Megas

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Is this the first time in a while that it's super hard to talk about Pokémon Capture predictions?

Ash already has a team of 6.
Goh captures everything with a pulse for his trophy collection.
Chloe is tied to Eevee's development atm.

Even TR is pretty much done. James has Morpeko for whatever reason. Jessie could catch something but they never do anything with their own Pokémon anymore.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Is this the first time in a while that it's super hard to talk about Pokémon Capture predictions?

Ash already has a team of 6.
Goh captures everything with a pulse for his trophy collection.
Chloe is tied to Eevee's development atm.

Even TR is pretty much done. James has Morpeko for whatever reason. Jessie could catch something but they never do anything with their own Pokémon anymore.
It is. I honestly wholly believe there's nothing else in store for Ash, he's already almost at Masters Eight level. Gengar's getting G-Max soon and there's zero indication that any of his reserves are returning so I think we can safely wrap up predictions for his team.

As for TR, they got corrupted by Gacha so bye-bye to any new captures for Em.

I wonder if Chloeharu's getting something herself tho. One can wish

Jers745

I dont know :p
Now you guys have me in doubt, i know its out of topic but
How was this thread but for the SM and the XY(Z) was it more active, did they have more to discuss about?

Status
Not open for further replies.