• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You'll need a lot of dog food or maybe even lots of deers...... (Maybe zamazenta is a vegan ).
Wait, I have to feed it?

That explains why they were so oddly quiet...
GO Fest was great for the legendary collections in my house. My kids and I caught a ton of legendaries.
Even if I was not crazy about catching legendaries (have a lot of them in the main games already because I've bought all main games from gens 6 and 7 and was only Black 2 away from having all of Gen 5) I admit I jumped into it. It was a bit difficult at times though with the raid time being so limited, server being slow and sometimes not getting the hosts to actually call me (I was looking at reddit for hosts)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
You can’t stretch title defense for 3 years, son. Putting him in a mentor role would be retiring him from the main character position. So why not put an end to his journey instead?
Just make the new protagonist his kid…then you can keep him around while still following a new protagonist.
With Go Fest, I ended up getting four Palkias. FOUR.

I got a shiny Ho-Oh, too, but I already had one.
Between Go Fest and the follow-up events in August, I have so many Palkia and Dialga. Most of my shiny legendaries are still in Go - it’s really expensive (a week’s worth of transporter power) to move them to Home.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
You can’t stretch title defense for 3 years, son.

Sure you can, I mean how often has Leon battled to defend his title so far since this series started? like 2 times?

Ash could still battle trainers regardless, and every once in a while do a high tier PWC style fight, all the while the new trainer gets inspired by Ash's battling.

Putting him in a mentor role would be retiring him from the main character position. So why not put an end to his journey instead?

It's the best way to let Ash go in a slow manner while accepting a new lead to take his place, people still like the guy and don't want them to just drop him immediately for a new lead.

So why not let him become a mentor for a new trainer like Brock and Misty (more so the former) did for him and then let the new trainer take his place in full at the end, vowing to someday battle Ash, or doing so but losing and vowing to have a rematch.

Granted that would only work 1 time, and if they didn't want to focus on the new trainer we'd need either an AU or timeskip to keep things fresh.

At the point things are at, Ash is beyond going back to gyms, and to reset him they would have to go to a level even worse than what BW pulled, and doing that would only turn more people away.

now as far as captures go, if i understand correctly it was said Ash has owned about 98 species by this point, I say 2 more tops and hopefully no 100 is a legendary.

Just make the new protagonist his kid…then you can keep him around while still following a new protagonist.

He could do it even if he wasn't related to that person too you know.

I agree with @Morax. Greninja didn’t do enough in terms of strength to prove itself like Sceptile and Charizard so it needed to get its “big win” against Alain’s MCX.
Greninja got done DIRTY. I care about Ash but Greninja matters too which is why I’m mad about how they wasted Greninja’s arc but that’s how I interpret it and at the end of the day it’s all about perspective.

I was late too, I can't believe so many years have passed ... To this day for me XY is still the best series, the second best version of ash, the best pokegirl, the best pokebro and a decent league. I enjoyed XY too much at the time and even today it has many fans, despite its mistakes it was the peak of anime for me.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
After fighting Bea again, they really need to make Ash to call back his reserves to make them stronger. The only improvement left here would be Ash's Gengar gaining his Gigantamax form. After that, I wish the return of Ash's old Pokemon, learning new moves and some evolving.

The games of "legend of Arceus" could give us a hint about new evolutions for Cyndaquil, Rowlet and Oshawott (according to rumors), so it would be fitting if Ash makes them evolve into these new forms.

D

Deleted member 384931

Speaking of Ash's Greninja.

Do you guys think he will show up in Journeys?

It's pretty suspicious that we haven't seen a Greninja in the show yet but it's appeared on a LOT of merchandise

Maybe next year for the Anime's 25th Anniversary?
I think so! I would make sense. At least end the save the world storyline. Just conclude the story

Risrhayne

Ah XY. The first time I actively watched Pokémon straight outta Japan. What a fun ride that was. Looking back on it, I do thoroughly miss the adventure aspect of the anime. Even though it’s been years, I still can’t get used to Ash having a home base. It’s more realistic for a 10-year old, yes, but I just keep seeing the same kid eager to get to the next gym, traveling with people who have their own motives waiting for them in the next city.

While I still enjoyed DP a bit more, XY was when I really started to care about Pokémon beyond the games and started talking with people about it again. Most of my friends IRL have stopped watching or worse, pulled a Genwunner and bashed anything not Brock, Misty or Kanto, so I appreciate this season making me feel less alone.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Ah XY. The first time I actively watched Pokémon straight outta Japan. What a fun ride that was. Looking back on it, I do thoroughly miss the adventure aspect of the anime. Even though it’s been years, I still can’t get used to Ash having a home base. It’s more realistic for a 10-year old, yes, but I just keep seeing the same kid eager to get to the next gym, traveling with people who have their own motives waiting for them in the next city.

While I still enjoyed DP a bit more, XY was when I really started to care about Pokémon beyond the games and started talking with people about it again. Most of my friends IRL have stopped watching or worse, pulled a Genwunner and bashed anything not Brock, Misty or Kanto, so I appreciate this season making me feel less alone.
You are wonderful

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It’s interesting how different countries and fanbases have different ideas on where the series should go.

If not for the Western fanbase, Journeys might not have even existed.
The Western fanbase is responsible for Journeys?

Is it weird I am more excited for the Gou stuff for once?
Nope. At least Project Mew episodes tend to be unpredictable.

I don't feel as much excitement knowing what the outcome of Ash's battles will be.

The directors already said he's going to become unbeatable which is good for Ash fans but leaves him with not much to overcome

Goh is at least struggling with his Project Mew challenges

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Speaking of Ash's Greninja.

Do you guys think he will show up in Journeys?
Possible but I'm not holding my breath. If Infernape is any indication, their priorities seem to lie with the current team

Status
Not open for further replies.