• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I agree with @Morax. Greninja didn’t do enough in terms of strength to prove itself like Sceptile and Charizard so it needed to get its “big win” against Alain’s MCX.
Greninja got done DIRTY. I care about Ash but Greninja matters too which is why I’m mad about how they wasted Greninja’s arc but that’s how I interpret it and at the end of the day it’s all about perspective.

not just as AG, but also in it's base form.

We finally get a fully evolved water starter for Ash...and they highjack it so bad...

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Possible but I'm not holding my breath. If Infernape is any indication, their priorities seem to lie with the current team
Watch Greninja come back only to get a measly hit on Goh's Suicune and then get OHKO'ed while Goh's Cinderace does better, just wait

PCN24454

After fighting Bea again, they really need to make Ash to call back his reserves to make them stronger. The only improvement left here would be Ash's Gengar gaining his Gigantamax form. After that, I wish the return of Ash's old Pokemon, learning new moves and some evolving.

The games of "legend of Arceus" could give us a hint about new evolutions for Cyndaquil, Rowlet and Oshawott (according to rumors), so it would be fitting if Ash makes them evolve into these new forms.
They won’t because this is Pokémon Journeys.

For Ash’s battle with Paul, did he use any Pokémon that he didn’t catch during his Sinnoh journey (besides Pikachu).

This is his new team’s chance to shine before they inevitably get replaced. Why would they give that up to Pokémon that’ve already had their time in the spotlight?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
They won’t because this is Pokémon Journeys.

For Ash’s battle with Paul, did he use any Pokémon that he didn’t catch during his Sinnoh journey (besides Pikachu).

This is his new team’s chance to shine before they inevitably get replaced. Why would they give that up to Pokémon that’ve already had their time in the spotlight?
The Sinnoh League also had non-DP mons in non-Paul matches so this comparison falls flat, you know?

But the JN part is real, this show might as well as mae Ash's old Pokemon level 1 first-stage at this point with how useless they are besides nostalgia bait

PCN24454

The Sinnoh League also had non-DP mons in non-Paul matches so this comparison falls flat, you know?

But the JN part is real, this show might as well as mae Ash's old Pokemon level 1 first-stage at this point with how useless they are besides nostalgia bait
Not really since the fight with Paul was the only important battle in the League.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Not really since the fight with Paul was the only important battle in the League.
And Bea/Leon are the only really important battles in Journeys, so what's the comparison outside of those?

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Honestly a part of actually wishes Ash would lose against Leon, even though he probably won’t. This is supposed to Ash’s big moment, and the writers couldn’t even be bothered to treat his goal in Journeys with care. If Ash beats Leon as things are now, I’m not going feel much of anything, no excitement nothing.

And y’all are right, they’ve written themselves into a corner. I don’t know what will happen to Ash after JN, but I know it’s probably too late for anything new or any changes to happen, and I can’t fool myself into thinking otherwise. I hope I’m wrong and they finally spice things up after Mega Lucario and G-Max Gengar, but still.

GhostWallker98

So far, Ash has won most of his battles. It is guaranteed he is winning against Bea. He is going to need to get a few losses down the road. It seems the writers are afraid to have him lose. Now I know he lost against Bea, and 2 other trainers, but that was back in the Great Ball Class which was a long time ago. So far, he is not on the level that makes it believable that he can compete with characters such as Cynthia or Lance. Now we know what Journeys is most likely going to do, and that is nerfed them to make us think Ash is strong enough which he isn't. I hope it's not the case, but that is the only way I see him beating those 2 champions.
Now, considering Ash's team, there are 2 Pokemon that definitely need wins such as Sirfetch'd and Gengar. Farfetch'd won against Genba and Rinto later on when it evolved. Give him a few more wins. Gengar's last win was against Surge's underling's Raichu which is definitely unacceptable. He needs a couple of more wins. If we are going to expect Ash to use reserves, have him get more wins with the pokes that rarely win at all first. Then, we can focus on subbing some Pokes out.

Last edited:

Megapixel

So far, Ash has won most of his battles. It is guaranteed he is winning against Bea. He is going to need to get a few losses down the road. It seems the writers are afraid to have him lose. Now I know he lost against Bea, and 2 other trainers, but that was back in the Great Ball Class which was a long time ago. So far, he is not on the level that makes it believable that he can compete with characters such as Cynthia or Lance. Now we know what Journeys is most likely going to do, and that is nerfed them to make us think Ash is strong enough which he isn't. I hope it's not the case, but that is the only way I see him beating those 2 champions.
Now, considering Ash's team, there are 2 Pokemon that definitely need wins such as Sirfetch'd and Gengar. I can't recall if Sirfetch'd or even its unevolved form even obtained a win aside from evolving in his battle against Rinto. Gengar's last win was against Surge's underling's Raichu which is definitely unacceptable. He needs a couple of more wins. If we are going to expect Ash to use reserves, have him get more wins with the pokes that rarely win at all first. Then, we can focus on subbing some Pokes out.
Farfetch'd won against that mountaineer's gurdurr

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Is this the first time in a while that it's super hard to talk about Pokémon Capture predictions?

Ash already has a team of 6.
Goh captures everything with a pulse for his trophy collection.
Chloe is tied to Eevee's development atm.

Even TR is pretty much done. James has Morpeko for whatever reason. Jessie could catch something but they never do anything with their own Pokémon anymore.

It is. I honestly wholly believe there's nothing else in store for Ash, he's already almost at Masters Eight level. Gengar's getting G-Max soon and there's zero indication that any of his reserves are returning so I think we can safely wrap up predictions for his team.

As for TR, they got corrupted by Gacha so bye-bye to any new captures for Em.

I wonder if Chloeharu's getting something herself tho. One can wish
Well I'll be fine if Ash is done with any new captures but I would like to remind you two that we have the upcoming games this winter and who knows what can effects it will have on any of the character's team.

esquilo09

Well I'll be fine if Ash is done with any new captures but I would like to remind you two that we have the upcoming games this winter and who knows what can effects it will have on any of the character's team.
Well, to begin with, Go might start to catch more gen four mons(I think Shinx will be his second gen four mon).

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
So far, he is not on the level that makes it believable that he can compete with characters such as Cynthia or Lance. Now we know what Journeys is most likely going to do, and that is nerfed them to make us think Ash is strong enough which he isn't. I hope it's not the case, but that is the only way I see him beating those 2 champions.

I can understand people having doubts if he sticks to only what he's been using, but if he uses some of his more powerful reserves against them, taking them on should be within reason.

I also don't consider it fair to consider a champion being "nerfed" just because Ash actually has a chance to fight them on more even ground especially when they didn't reset him this time.

i wouldn't mind 2 more to top off him owning 100 species over all.

perhaps the first being either tyranitar or a hisui form pokemon
no 100 be a legendary.

D

Deleted member 384931

I don't feel as much excitement knowing what the outcome of Ash's battles will be.

The directors already said he's going to become unbeatable which is good for Ash fans but leaves him with not much to overcome

Goh is at least struggling with his Project Mew challenges
I guess I am just sick of all the fighting type matches we already got in JN so far. Gets boring after a while. Yeah Gou feels like he has a real challenge

ShadowForce720

Unless Tyranitar gets a Hisui form I don't see Ash getting one this late into series.
Considering how strong Tyranitar are supposed to be it would make sense if Ash was going to get one that it would be one of his later captures.

In all honesty this series has already shown that it doesn’t care about restricting Ash to only catching Pokémon from the current games.

So Tyranitar is still a valid candidate to be captured even without it getting a Hisuian form.

Status
Not open for further replies.