• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I wonder whether the many Project Mew episodes in a short time and more frequent PWC battles (not to speak of Ash's high rank already) means gen 9 could really happen late 2022 already. At the rate we're going, that might mean that this series might cap at just over 130 episodes, which is only a bit shorter than previous ones, but when you look at all the Pokemon left to be introduced, a number only to increase with PL:A, I really wonder how they're going to introduce all of those properly...
They can do whatever they want now that they're no longer focusing on just the newest gen. I can't see Gen 9 coming next year.

DuskAstral

I wonder whether the many Project Mew episodes in a short time and more frequent PWC battles (not to speak of Ash's high rank already) means gen 9 could really happen late 2022 already.
It does not mean anything. Satoshi's streak can always end and he will start losing, and there are still too few episodes of Project Mew to say anything. The fact is that not much time has passed between the upcoming episode of Project Mew and the previous one, but it is not yet certain whether it will stay that way.
Generation 9 will not be out late 2022 for sure.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It does not mean anything. Satoshi's streak can always end and he will start losing, and there are still too few episodes of Project Mew to say anything. The fact is that not much time has passed between the upcoming episode of Project Mew and the previous one, but it is not yet certain whether it will stay that way.
Generation 9 will not be out late 2022 for sure.
Well, yeah. It would be too close to Legends Arceus's release. I can't see them killing all hype and excitement for Legends Arceus only a month after launch.

nickdt

Well, yeah. It would be too close to Legends Arceus's release. I can't see them killing all hype and excitement for Legends Arceus only a month after launch.

Just like them announcing BDSP and LA at the same time has killed all the BDSP hype.... OH WAIT, it didn't.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Just like them announcing BDSP and LA at the same time has killed all the BDSP hype.... OH WAIT, it didn't.
BDSP is nothing more than a throwaway game to tide people over while they wait for Legends Arceus. If it wasn't then the game would be completely different.

BobbbidyBob

An open world adventure pc Pokémon game with the anime characters (kind of like genshin impact) would be so awesome

ImBeVillain

No more six members
means gen 9 could really happen late 2022 already.
We've already discussed this a number of times, and there won't be any gen 9 in the next year. Some people (including me) have mistaken the Hisui region is Generation 9, so no. This is just an ancient name for the Sinnoh region.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
An open world adventure pc Pokémon game with the anime characters (kind of like genshin impact) would be so awesome
Yeah, that would be amazing. What i want see in new pokemon games:

- Player character swim over the water but also dives to search to catch new pokemons.
- The area is immediately visible (not searching pokemon in grass), fight or catch.
- The graphics compared to Horizon: Forbidden West.
- Anime characters, voices, lots of action, good animations.
- Level development extended than original.
- Beautiful landscapes built - mountains, lakes, sea, medieval + modern towns, very big map like in Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Very different battle than original pokemon games (apart from giving commands to do pokemon controls to be able to avoid the enemy's pokemon attack).
- Fights with the legendary pokemons 10x more difficult than regular pokemon, just like bossess from Dark Souls.

Just a pity it would take an awful long time to make a new game like this.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Don't talk nonsense, the developers haven't said anything about the 9th generation yet. Prepare to be disappointed
And it would be a stupid move as well, considering that Legends Arceus is taking a lot of work to create. They can't create another game of a similar scale at the same time.

BobbbidyBob

Yeah, that would be amazing. What i want see in new pokemon games:

- Player character swim over the water but also dives to search to catch new pokemons.
- The area is immediately visible (not searching pokemon in grass), fight or catch.
- The graphics compared to Horizon: Forbidden West.
- Anime characters, voices, lots of action, good animations.
- Level development extended than original.
- Beautiful landscapes built - mountains, lakes, sea, medieval + modern towns, very big map like in Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
- Very different battle than original pokemon games (apart from giving commands to do pokemon controls to be able to avoid the enemy's pokemon attack).
- Fights with the legendary pokemons 10x more difficult than regular pokemon, just like bossess from Dark Souls.

Just a pity it would take an awful long time to make a new game like this.
Dat true, but maybe they would make a lot of money so that could be an incentive lol

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Dat true, but maybe they would make a lot of money so that could be an incentive lol
Not only money, they should also hire +200 people to collaborate on building such a game.
100 people is not enough to create a game with a large, open world and place too many objects on this map.
Yet Game Freak would have to stop producing the sequel to many Nintendo games and start working on this one big project together.
(Honestly, I create a game alone myself, idk when it will release).

D

Deleted member 384931

I wouldnt mind a Christmas related episode at the end of the year. Cant remember the last time we saw one.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I wouldnt mind a Christmas related episode at the end of the year. Cant remember the last time we saw one.
What if this is the two-parter? Ash and friends visit Sinnoh for Christmas and meet Dialga and Palkia.

Status
Not open for further replies.