• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Unless it's a Legendary, Mythical, or a Powerful reserve like Infernape or Greninja

Speaking of Greninja will we ever see that Frog again?
I don't expect him to catch any Legendaries or Mythicals because it would make him too powerful. Ash is not the type of person who likes steamrolling through opponents with little effort.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I don't expect him to catch any Legendaries or Mythicals because it would make him too powerful. Ash is not the type of person who likes steamrolling through opponents with little effort.
But that's exactly what what he's doing in the PWC tho?

The only character who actually gave him a real challenge was Bea.

Also he had Naganadel and Melmetal and they made it work without making Ash look too OP

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But that's exactly what what he's doing in the PWC tho?

The only character who actually gave him a real challenge was Bea.

Also he had Naganadel and Melmetal and they made it work without making Ash look too OP
For most of his matches Ash was actually portrayed as an underdog who came back after suffering losses early on. He's not the type of person who dominates in a battle and in most battles he is portrayed as an underdog in order to make him more rootable.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
For most of his matches Ash was actually portrayed as an underdog who came back after suffering losses early on. He's not the type of person who dominates in a battle and in most battles he is portrayed as an underdog in order to make him more rootable.
Didnt the directors literally say he's going to become more and more unbeatable climbing up the ranks?

Master Pikachu 11

I highly doubt that a mythical such as Zarude or a Legendary such as Heatran is going to make Ash extremely unbeatable and difficult for a Champion like Cynthia to be able to defeat. The champions are more then capable of defeating either a mythical or legendary that isn’t a box legendary.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Unless it's a Legendary, Mythical, or a Powerful reserve like Infernape or Greninja

Speaking of Greninja will we ever see that Frog again?
Of course, I'm hoping he'll be the star player for Diantha if she's in the top 8. Don't really care how the rest of the match goes, nor do I care about his other battles unless he starts hogging like Pikachu currently is.
If Infernape really does come back, Greninja sure as heck will! One of the most popular Pokemon of all time he is
Uh....
You do realize that Ash himself is living proof Legendary Pokemon aren't unbeatable? He's beaten several and has proven himself worthy of owning one. Besides there are trainers who have Legendary Pokemon of their own that could be in the PWC(Brandon, maybe Palmer?)

Cynthia clearly destroyed Tobias, she's still on the throne!

The only ones that would be too powerful would be Mewtwo/Mew and the deities. Galarian bird, Kubfu, *insert potential Legends legendary/mythical*, Zarude, Zeraora, Marshadow, Darkrai, Latias/Latios, Meloetta, the Legendary Beasts, Nebby and Zekrom would be perfectly fine! And the Kanto birds.... but they've gotten enough spotlight. I also neglect the Regi trio cause I'm still hoping for Brandon to show up
Anyone of those could work under him!

In a fanfic yes, Ash would most likely slay his opponents(Boring!) but not in the anime. Especially with how certain Legendary Pokemon have gotten nerfed.

"Hey it's me Kyogre, threatened by a bunch of weak loser poachers that make Jessie, James and Meowth look competent! Please help! D:" -_-

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Surprise Sharpedo capture, I remember when Dark and Steel were the least represented of Goh's pokemon types, and unless he is ordered to send in Kingdra he finally catches another dragon. Though considering most dragons are legendary/ pseudo's, it will probably be a while before he catches another.

Dewgong and Arctozolt chilling as Goh's only ice types. So many missed opportunities.

The Sharpedo capture was interesting, not only is it another mega, after just catching Camerupt, it's also another fully evolved pokemon.

Goh already has 8 mega capable pokemon, and will likely have at least Pidgeot and Gyarados in the future too, but that may just be a coincidence.

Recently the writers are having Goh catch more non Kanto pokemon which is nice, but he also seems to be catching more fully evolved pokemon, even without the prevolutions. While I may have liked more evolutions, I enjoy the diversity this brings too.
This new merchandise seems interesting, it is in the same line that sometimes gives us a spoiler of the anime, It is for May 2022
Allot of Ampharos recently. I could see it being a Surge mon.
Arctovish is probably just there for Arctozolt, considering one of the old sets had the two Draco's.
Pachurisu could be Dawn, but it could also be Goh. Seeing as Morpeko has gone to James, Pachurisu would be the most logical Pika-clone for Goh (and BDSP).
Giratina could just be to finish the Sinnoh big 4.
Rotom, Mew, Lucario and Infernape are self explanatory.
Grimmsnarl is interesting, could be Tsurugi, Marnie or Piers. Spiritomb could be PM or one of these 3 too.
CT Regi's soon.
Slopoke-bro, no idea, could be Goh. A shootout between Inteleon and G-Slowbro would be nice.
Darmanitan burns stick, poke-item replacement episode, drum beating arc begins with Grookey/ Thwakey laying into Darmanitan. Maximizers to kick off Grookeys development.

Master Pikachu 11

Surprise Sharpedo capture, I remember when Dark and Steel were the least represented of Goh's pokemon types, and unless he is ordered to send in Kingdra he finally catches another dragon. Though considering most dragons are legendary/ pseudo's, it will probably be a while before he catches another.

Dewgong and Arctozolt chilling as Goh's only ice types. So many missed opportunities.

The Sharpedo capture was interesting, not only is it another mega, after just catching Camerupt, it's also another fully evolved pokemon.

Goh already has 8 mega capable pokemon, and will likely have at least Pidgeot and Gyarados in the future too, but that may just be a coincidence.

Recently the writers are having Goh catch more non Kanto pokemon which is nice, but he also seems to be catching more fully evolved pokemon, even without the prevolutions. While I may have liked more evolutions, I enjoy the diversity this brings too.

Allot of Ampharos recently. I could see it being a Surge mon.
Arctovish is probably just there for Arctozolt, considering one of the old sets had the two Draco's.
Pachurisu could be Dawn, but it could also be Goh. Seeing as Morpeko has gone to James, Pachurisu would be the most logical Pika-clone for Goh (and BDSP).
Giratina could just be to finish the Sinnoh big 4.
Rotom, Mew, Lucario and Infernape are self explanatory.
Grimmsnarl is interesting, could be Tsurugi, Marnie or Piers. Spiritomb could be PM or one of these 3 too.
CT Regi's soon.
Slopoke-bro, no idea, could be Goh. A shootout between Inteleon and G-Slowbro would be nice.

Darmanitan burns stick, poke-item replacement episode, drum beating arc begins with Grookey/ Thwakey laying into Darmanitan. Maximizers to kick off Grookeys development.
Goh also getting Sharpedo also means he now has two Pokémon with Camerupt being the other one. That are associated with team aqua and magma leaders.

Spiritomb can also mean that it belongs to Cynthia as well since it is another Pokémon that she has.

DuskAstral

I don't know why you even believe they're not going to show the new Pokemon and forms from Legends Arceus when it's the very thing that was created to promote the core games.
I sincerely doubt that Pokémon from such a distant past can live in this day and age. In my opinion, if the creators of the anime want to show the Pokémon from Legends Arceus, they have to make a story with time travel, I do not see another option to show these Pokémon.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I sincerely doubt that Pokémon from such a distant past can live in this day and age. In my opinion, if the creators of the anime want to show the Pokémon from Legends Arceus, they have to make a story with time travel, I do not see another option to show these Pokémon.
I mean, while those Pokémon are from the past, they aren’t prehistoric, and yet we’ve seen wild fossils in the Lucario and Mew movie, the Aerodactyl and omanyte episodes in OS, and sanctuaries for fossil Pokémon such as the one we saw Amaura at in XY, and Tyrunt at later on in the series.

they could always play it off like that. We are talking about a show that has aliens come in from other dimensions to have literal muscle-flexing competitions lol, if they wanna use the legends mons (and I think they will) they’ll do it, and it could very easily be without time travel, just like the fossil mons

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Virgin Pokemon episode 1000 vs chad One Piece episode 1000
It’s flabbergasting that Pokemon and One Piece have almost the same episode milestone, and yet OP’s 1000 episode was way more memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.