• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I homnestly don't want Grookey to evolve. Thwackey is ugly and and I love Grookey's "loveable rascal" personality too much to want to see it inevitably become a stoic and mature (AKA boring) Rillaboom. Unless they decide to have it behave like an internet troll in a similar vein to Darmanitan ... that might actually be fun!
I'm conflicted. Grookey's a fun Pokemon and I really like it's dynamic with Pikachu and Eevee

But on the other hand Rillaboom deserves attention too.

I just hope it retains it's personality like Cinderace did

Red and Blue

One problem is that Ash is never gonna get Dracozolt cuz its part Electric.
Not this again. If they can get away with one of Ash's Pokemon learning Thunderbolt they should have no problem with giving him a second Electric type.

nickdt

Not this again. If they can get away with one of Ash's Pokemon learning Thunderbolt they should have no problem with giving him a second Electric type.

A move is different from actually having another electric type.

Ibrahim Saidu

Hi guys. I think we should speculate on which sets of Pokemon Ash should get after Gengar's focus on its Gmax as well as Dracovish and Sirfetch'd shining in more battles?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So, why Naganadel has Thunderbolt move? Certainly this is same move Pikachu have.

He's talking about the type, not the moves. They don't care so much about that, because Melmetal also had T-Bolt at one point.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
He's talking about the type, not the moves. They don't care so much about that, because Melmetal also had T-Bolt at one point.
If is about pokemon type, i don't see problem with this. Imagine about Riolu and G. Farfetch'd before evolutions, they're same pure type and one of them never has fighting type moves.

Master Pikachu 11

Ash got Dracovish and Goh got Arctozolt the first time. If they are going to get the other two Galar fossils, I guess Ash would get Dracozolt and Goh would get the Arctovish. Mainly because Dracozolt looks better fighter than Arctovish.
Goh can get the remaining Galar fossils, if they want to give Ash another dragon type then I prefer that he gets a Drakolak
One problem is that Ash is never gonna get Dracozolt cuz its part Electric.
i hope that one day he does catch another electric type just so this pattern and line of thinking will finally be put to rest once and for all. But if he does get one then it needs to be better then Dracozolt, like Toxtricity, Zeraora, or even Luxray would all be better.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Naganadel may know Thunderbolt, but its currently Ash's ONLY 'mon to know an Electric move other than Pikachu, even today, 2 years after SM ended. Plus, it only has the move for a specific reason. It's clearly an exception, not a sign things have changed. AlsohetechnicallydoesnthaveitanymoresoAshisbacktoonlyhavingoneElectricuseragain.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Might be unrelated.
FEzHJ1FaAAAkng-

FEzHJy-akAAMkc-
The first picture definitely references the anime. I don't think Dracozolt is likely to be caught, it's probably there because they seem to always market the Draco's and the Arcto's together when they don't do all 4, and Dracovish is more prominent.

Nice to imagine Grookey evolving, the episodes following the winter special would be a great time to start his arc.

Pachurisu could be Dawn, but Goh getting another squirrel to interact with Greedent could also happen.

Last is Hatenna, I find Koharu to be the most likely if she ever starts catching (her personality fits the dex description most closely), though it could just be a POTD like Impidimp, Eiscue, etc.

Since Ash already has a fully evolved team, we may only see rival characters debut with final stage pokemon, with the early stages being POTD.

Megapixel

The first picture definitely references the anime. I don't think Dracozolt is likely to be caught, it's probably there because they seem to always market the Draco's and the Arcto's together when they don't do all 4, and Dracovish is more prominent.

Nice to imagine Grookey evolving, the episodes following the winter special would be a great time to start his arc.

Pachurisu could be Dawn, but Goh getting another squirrel to interact with Greedent could also happen.

Last is Hatenna, I find Koharu to be the most likely if she ever starts catching (her personality fits the dex description most closely), though it could just be a POTD like Impidimp, Eiscue, etc.

Since Ash already has a fully evolved team, we may only see rival characters debut with final stage pokemon, with the early stages being POTD.
to be honest after koharu won't catch ponyta yet i doubt he will catch anyone else, at least not for now

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
*sigh* the female companions have been handled badly with their Pokemon teams since Serena :(
Female companions can't have any Pokemon other than cute or girly ones since Iris

Female companions can't have any interesting goals or if they do find one, it'll take them over a Year to find their Goal

Female companions haven't been Battler centric since Iris

They literally don't know what to do with their Female companions anymore it really shows

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Female companions can't have any Pokemon other than cute or girly ones since Iris

Female companions can't have any interesting goals or if they do find one, it'll take them over a Year to find their Goal

Female companions haven't been Battler centric since Iris

They literally don't know what to do with their Female companions anymore it really shows
Eh…I disagree. Suiren had the first fully evolved starter since Haruka for a girl in S&M and was constantly shown to be a “girl of action” (described that way in the pre-series summaries too) She had that Ashirene because she had an affinity for sea Pokémon and it was a mascot of Gen 7…not due to it being girly. She also was at least enthusiastic about training and the league on par with Satoshi/Kaki was. She was good at sports, excelled at the ninja gym, did crazy fishing stuff and pretty “proactive” in getting down and dirty.

Mamane was more of the “insecure” character of that saga. He also had a girl Pikachu clone with a crush (because marketability). Lillie’s essentially wasn’t even a trainer in vanilla S&M until the very end so in the anime she got a cute Alolan Rokon cause it suited her with its white color and dainty appearance in her first focus episode and was dubbed as a trainer in that episode. In-general all the captures by boys and girls could be chalked up to them mirroring their game counterparts as Suiren was the only who really “broke” character with her catches.

I can understand wanting more active girls I just feel like this is a reach when Suiren was pretty proactive in working for and getting rewarded for her specialization in working with Ashirene, it’s development, the Z-Move and Ring, her master, her friendship with Kasumi, Kyogre, her lesson and resolve after losing to Guzma. YMMV, I guess but I can’t pretend all girls have been just sitting on their hands since Serena showed up and the writers have stuck to some super strict gender binary.

Remember there technically is no main girl of PM, Koharu is still just meant to be a side-character. PM is still Satoshi&Go’s story and billed that way even if she’s gotten better prominence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.