• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morax

King of heroes
Eh…I disagree. Suiren had the first fully evolved starter since Haruka for a girl in S&M and was constantly shown to be a “girl of action” (described that way in the pre-series summaries too) She had that Ashirene because she had an affinity for sea Pokémon and it was a mascot of Gen 7…not due to it being girly. She also was at least enthusiastic about training and the league on par with Satoshi/Kaki was. She was good at sports, excelled at the ninja gym, did crazy fishing stuff and pretty “proactive” in getting down and dirty.

Mamane was more of the “insecure” character of that saga. He also had a girl Pikachu clone with a crush (because marketability). Lillie’s essentially wasn’t even a trainer in vanilla S&M until the very end and she got a cute Alolan Rokon cause it suited her with its white color and dainty appearance in her first focus episode and was dubbed as a trainer in that episode. In-general all the captures by boys and girls could be chalked up to them mirroring their game counterparts as Suiren was the only who really “broke” character with her catches.

I can understand wanting more active girls I just feel like this is a reach when Suiren was pretty proactive in working for and getting rewarded for her specialization in working with Ashirene, it’s development, the Z-Move and Ring, her master, her friendship with Kasumi, Kyogre, her lesson and resolve after losing to Guzma. YMMV, I guess but I can’t pretend all girls have been just sitting on their hands since Serena showed up and the writers have stuck to some super strict gender binary.

Remember there technically is no main girl of PM, Koharu is still just meant to be a side-character. PM is still Satoshi&Go’s story and billed that way even if she’s gotten better prominence.
Girls belong in the kitchen and not on the battlefield. :>

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Female companions can't have any Pokemon other than cute or girly ones since Iris

Female companions can't have any interesting goals or if they do find one, it'll take them over a Year to find their Goal

Female companions haven't been Battler centric since Iris

They literally don't know what to do with their Female companions anymore it really shows
I can agree on that but i think misty was written well and at some point even may and dawn as well regarding the female companions

nickdt

Eh…I disagree. Suiren had the first fully evolved starter since Haruka for a girl in S&M and was constantly shown to be a “girl of action” (described that way in the pre-series summaries too) She had that Ashirene because she had an affinity for sea Pokémon and it was a mascot of Gen 7…not due to it being girly. She also was at least enthusiastic about training and the league on par with Satoshi/Kaki was. She was good at sports, excelled at the ninja gym, did crazy fishing stuff and pretty “proactive” in getting down and dirty.

Mamane was more of the “insecure” character of that saga. He also had a girl Pikachu clone with a crush (because marketability). Lillie’s essentially wasn’t even a trainer in vanilla S&M until the very end and she got a cute Alolan Rokon cause it suited her with its white color and dainty appearance in her first focus episode and was dubbed as a trainer in that episode. In-general all the captures by boys and girls could be chalked up to them mirroring their game counterparts as Suiren was the only who really “broke” character with her catches.

I can understand wanting more active girls I just feel like this is a reach when Suiren was pretty proactive in working for and getting rewarded for her specialization in working with Ashirene, it’s development, the Z-Move and Ring, her master, her friendship with Kasumi, Kyogre, her lesson and resolve after losing to Guzma. YMMV, I guess but I can’t pretend all girls have been just sitting on their hands since Serena showed up and the writers have stuck to some super strict gender binary.

Remember there technically is no main girl of PM, Koharu is still just meant to be a side-character. PM is still Satoshi&Go’s story and billed that way even if she’s gotten better prominence.

tbh though, i think Lana only got Primarina because the writing staff realized it was actually the most popular fully evolved Alola starter (At that time).

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
tbh though, i think Lana only got Primarina because the writing staff realized it was actually the most popular fully evolved Alola starter (At that time).
Or they just wanted to show off properly Ashirene via Suiren with the special Z-Move like Gaogaen had already gotten via Kukui and Juni’per through Hau. I don’t think it goes further than that.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Serena team is actually good.

it the aloha girl where it got bad imo.
My only complaint with Serena’s team actually is traced back to Iris—I wish the girls got more Pokémon and fleshed out teams like Dawn, May, and Misty.

Serena deserved that. But the mons she did have were very good

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Serena team is actually good.

it the aloha girl where it got bad imo.
Only for contest and has only 3 pokemon.
Nah, if Lillie give ice stone to Vulpix, these trio would have actually pretty good too.

And one more, imagine Lana get new another water types, just like Lapras and Araquanid, yet Eeevee evolved into Vaporeon.. so her team would be ended a "cute" team curse.

D

Deleted member 384931

Nah, if Lillie give ice stone to Vulpix, these trio would have actually pretty good too.

And one more, imagine Lana get new another water types, just like Lapras and Araquanid, yet Eeevee evolved into Vaporeon.. so her team would be ended a "cute" team curse.
But why did they gave Lana an Eevee in the first place?

Remix2

To this day I still have no idea why they Didn’t have Lana eevee evolve into vaporeon.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I still remember that old poster where many thought that Eevee would be for ash because of how close it was to him, but nothing could be further from the truth, Ash is probably doomed to never have an Eevee
I figured Eevee would end up with Lana before this "disappointed" episode, because he still liked being at sea.

I don't know what the audience reaction was, because I watched this series when all three seasons have already been completed. But I heard viewers were mad over the continued promotion of this Pokemon after ended up with Lana.

Status
Not open for further replies.