• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
But why did they gave Lana an Eevee in the first place?
Let's Go Promotion and they needed a replacement obligatory cute Shouldermon for Lana because Popplio was evolving
It's the same as Grookey who only went to Goh once it became clear that Sobble was on his way out the door

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
My only complaint with Serena’s team actually is traced back to Iris—I wish the girls got more Pokémon and fleshed out teams like Dawn, May, and Misty.
You do know Kasumi’s Pokémon were absolutely notorious for being largely forgettable or ignored? Many of them just came out to use Water Gun every episode and many were ignored because they couldn’t fight on land? She did have a full team but it was hardly fleshed out in terms of development or screentime.

Haruka never had six Pokémon at a time and sent away her three first catches for the sake of replacing them with a baby Eevee/Zenigame. Her Gonbe/Munchlax was just a Sinnoh shillmon until the Kanto saga. I feel like there is so much revisionist history going on recently on these forum in regards to how previous series structured the characters teams and captures.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I feel like there is so much revisionist history going on recently on these forum in regards to how previous series structured the characters teams and captures.
This. People are remembering too fondly of the old teams. Misty’s team never was fun or interesting except by psyduck and, maybe, politoad (and only after its evolution). And I’m not starting a togepi discussion.

May’s team was kinda a mixed bag. Many of them were battlers taking part of contests. Aside togekiss and ambipom, Dawn’s team is probably the best developed team of a female protagonist.

I’m fine with the others’ teams, except the SM girls bar Lana.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
You do know Kasumi’s Pokémon were absolutely notorious for being largely forgettable or ignored? Many of them just came out to use Water Gun every episode and many were ignored because they couldn’t fight on land? She did have a full team but it was hardly fleshed out in terms of development or screentime.

Haruka never had six Pokémon at a time and sent away her three first catches for the sake of replacing them with a baby Eevee/Zenigame. Her Gonbe/Munchlax was just a Sinnoh shillmon until the Kanto saga. I feel like there is so much revisionist history going on recently on these forum in regards to how previous series structured the characters teams and captures.
Yeah, I moreso was referencing Misty for her getting more than three captures. Her team definitely didn’t get fleshed out like they should have

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
If anything, Kasumi's team should be used as a shining example of how characters that aren't ever going to need to use a large amount of Pokemon at the same time anyway SHOULDN'T be given an unnecessarily large team, since that just results in most of their Pokemon easily going 30+ episodes between appearances. Massive casts are difficult to balance well.

D

Deleted member 384931

If anything, Kasumi's team should be used as a shining example of how characters that aren't ever going to need to use a large amount of Pokemon at the same time anyway SHOULDN'T be given an unnecessarily large team, since that just results in most of their Pokemon easily going 30+ episodes between appearances. Massive casts are difficult to balance well.
I know right lol. Better 3 pokemon with development, than 6 without development

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Yeah…shouldn’t have used Misty as an example lol. May and Dawn still stands for me. I think it helps for the character to have a goal that we can actually see progress on, so like being a coordinator or performer like May, Dawn, and Serena, rather than something we can’t really measure progress on like Misty being a water type master or Iris being a dragon master or mallow being a…uh, chef? Did she have a goal? Honestly can’t even remember lol

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
To this day I still have no idea why they Didn’t have Lana eevee evolve into vaporeon.
I don't understand why it didn't at least evolve offscreen. It just made it feel like the four classmates not named Lillie don't exist without Ash....

At least Korrina and Iris changed while they were away, sure would be nice if I could add Dawn to this! :rolleyes:

Rune Knight

We've had rival pokémon for Lucario, Sirfetch'd, and arguably Dragonite in Grapploct/Machamp (Bea), Gallade (Rinto), and Haxorus (Iris) respectively; and all relating to the WCS.

With a Gengar mini-arc on the rise, which pokémon would you want it to rival and which character would you like it to belong to?

Personally, I would eventually like to see it be pitted up against Sabrina's Alakazam.

Since the last WCS battle featured a Mega Pokémon on Ash's part and a G-Max Pokémon on Bea's, I think that it would be interesting if this time it was switched around. That is having Ash use G-Max Gengar and having Sabrina use Mega Alakazam.

Master Pikachu 11

The silhouette in addition to the fact that I personally want her to have an actual proper rematch with Ash.
I agree if it is her then to see a proper battle between her and Ash instead of the joke battle that we got back in the day would be much appreciated. I still want to see Ash battle other Galar gym leaders though

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Question: Where is everybody getting Sabrina from?

What makes people think she's coming? Did I miss something?
A female silhouette when it's likely just random shaped like the other top 8 members were.

I think it's Nessa, especially if Allister's coming up

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I don't see Goh catching Kubfu when Tsurugi and Asahi are recurring characters who are already showcasing the Bears

Where the heck did the Giratina speculation come from? XD

They can just keep those Urshifus away by the time Kubfu evolves into Urshifu doing nothing, like they did with Paul's mons identical to Ash...

Giratina is imminent...

It should've been obvious that my post is a sarcastic one...

You mean Ash and Goh catching their own Kubfu

No, only Goh because writers hate Ash...

How do you guys feels about JN48?

Would you guys like to see more episodes like that?

No way... That's one episode we definitely don't need...

We've had rival pokémon for Lucario, Sirfetch'd, and arguably Dragonite in Grapploct/Machamp (Bea), Gallade (Rinto), and Haxorus (Iris) respectively; and all relating to the WCS.

With a Gengar mini-arc on the rise, which pokémon would you want it to rival and which character would you like it to belong to?

Personally, I would eventually like to see it be pitted up against Sabrina's Alakazam.

Since the last WCS battle featured a Mega Pokémon on Ash's part and a G-Max Pokémon on Bea's, I think that it would be interesting if this time it was switched around. That is having Ash use G-Max Gengar and having Sabrina use Mega Alakazam.

Since Gengar has GMax, would be cool if it gets a rival in Agatha's Gengar in Mega and/or Allister's Gengar in Dynamax (non GMax)...

Question: Where is everybody getting Sabrina from?

What makes people think she's coming? Did I miss something?

The silhouette...

Anyway, I think Ash's next WCS opponent would either be a leftover (if the pattern is an alternate between leftover and yet to defeat) or a new character (if pattern is leftover-yet to defeat-new)... Sabrina is not counted as a leftover because Ash didn't really beat her, like Opal, Brock and Erika...

Status
Not open for further replies.