• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Happy Thanksgiving day to anyone who celebrate it! (I don't, since I don't live in USA).

Anyway, I just thought about something. In the incomming special of Dialga and Palkia, if the counterparts of Ash, Goh and the others are also Pokemon trainers, which Pokemon do you think they will have? The most logical thing would be they have the same Pokemon than our main characters, but I'm not so soure. We can have the Pokemon movies as example, the ones from the continuity of its 20th anniversary. That Ash had Pikachu, Butterfree and Charizard; although we never saw him capture Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pidgeotto.

And if Alternative Ash have a Pokemon than our Ash doesn't have, do you think people will start to expect that main Ash will capture that same Pokemon too?

nickdt

Happy Thanksgiving day to anyone who celebrate it! (I don't, since I don't live in USA).

Anyway, I just thought about something. In the incomming special of Dialga and Palkia, if the counterparts of Ash, Goh and the others are also Pokemon trainers, which Pokemon do you think they will have? The most logical thing would be they have the same Pokemon than our main characters, but I'm not so soure. We can have the Pokemon movies as example, the ones from the continuity of its 20th anniversary. That Ash had Pikachu, Butterfree and Charizard; although we never saw him capture Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pidgeotto.

And if Alternative Ash have a Pokemon than our Ash doesn't have, do you think people will start to expect that main Ash will capture that same Pokemon too?

For all we know they do the uno reverse card and have Ash and Goh be Sinnoh natives, while Dawn is the Kanto native and the Main protag in that reality.

Trainer Micah

Interesting. Also yes happy late Thanksgiving or turkey day all. Also I recall Ash did get some pokemon that are based in animal's or aquatic animals..

Just in thought I wouldn't mind getting something based that's in the water. Remember Got has some of these I would love to see Ash with Arctovish or something.

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
We can assume that most of the Pokemon we see in the pictures are filler Pokemon that will be likely caught by Goh. However, there are some Pokemon that call my attention. Mainly because I hope Ash will capture them:

+ Zacian and Zamazenta: Considering Ash and Goh's promise from Eternatus' arc, I guess Ash could get Zacian and Goh could get Zamazenta. (If Goh managed to capture Suicune, I don't see why this can't happen).
+ Orbeetle and Corviknight: Orbeetle would be a good Psychic Type for Ash, and Corviknight would add another Steel Type for Ash.
+ Charizard: I wish this can mean the return of Ash's Pokemon, as he could really use his help on future battles.
+ Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur and Squirtle-Wartortle-Venusaur: I know it has been years, but considering Ash's lastest achievements, I think it should be time if after returning, Bulbasaur and Blastoise finally evolve.
+ Empoleon: I already mentioned it, Ash gets another Steel Type and the whole evolved trio of Sinnoh. He can capture it fully evolved, like Dragonite and Gengar.
+ Floatzel: Not entirely convinced about Ash's Buizel evolving, but considering most of his Water Pokemon always avoid evolving, it would be a refreshing change.
+ Galar Meowth-Perrserker, Galarian Weezing, Toxtricity (Amped) and Grapploct: Perrserker really suits Ash's style, Galarian Weezing would give him a Fairy Type, another Electric Type should come once and for all, and Grapploct could be from Ash's long rivalry with Bea.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
We can assume that most of the Pokemon we see in the pictures are filler Pokemon that will be likely caught by Goh. However, there are some Pokemon that call my attention. Mainly because I hope Ash will capture them:

+ Zacian and Zamazenta: Considering Ash and Goh's promise from Eternatus' arc, I guess Ash could get Zacian and Goh could get Zamazenta. (If Goh managed to capture Suicune, I don't see why this can't happen).
+ Orbeetle and Corviknight: Orbeetle would be a good Psychic Type for Ash, and Corviknight would add another Steel Type for Ash.
+ Charizard: I wish this can mean the return of Ash's Pokemon, as he could really use his help on future battles.
+ Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur and Squirtle-Wartortle-Venusaur: I know it has been years, but considering Ash's lastest achievements, I think it should be time if after returning, Bulbasaur and Blastoise finally evolve.
+ Empoleon: I already mentioned it, Ash gets another Steel Type and the whole evolved trio of Sinnoh. He can capture it fully evolved, like Dragonite and Gengar.
+ Floatzel: Not entirely convinced about Ash's Buizel evolving, but considering most of his Water Pokemon always avoid evolving, it would be a refreshing change.
+ Galar Meowth-Perrserker, Galarian Weezing, Toxtricity (Amped) and Grapploct: Perrserker really suits Ash's style, Galarian Weezing would give him a Fairy Type, another Electric Type should come once and for all, and Grapploct could be from Ash's long rivalry with Bea.
Ah, where are you buying your copium from?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

It'd be cool if alternate Ash had Beedrill and Raticate, two Pokemon his main counterpart owned for a singular episode. Would be a neat reference

Buizel's like Bulbasaur, it should remain as is and be a unevolved powerhouse! Not everything needs to evolve

It'd be nice if Ash got Empoleon, it suits him and has a diverse move pool to choose from! Empoleon vs G-Max Blastoise would be a pretty awesome end to Nessa's battle. Though I say he should meet it as Prinplup, cause we don't see Prinplup that often.

nickdt

The middle one is just Sinnoh promotion, you are reading to much into that one.

Also a lot of those are super old (The Sinnoh one still has Scorbunny).

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Ah that's fine. I definitely understand why people wouldn't want that

That episode at least did give Lucario and Cinderace some much needed characterization (also I just really miss Cinderace....)

In Journeys the Pokémon are only allowed to have some degree of focus if they are A) Being captured by Goh, B) Showcasing that the species exists as an actual thing, C) Showcasing some alternate form such as Mega or Dyna, D) Battling or E) Evolving to showcase it's evolutionary lines.

They're not allowed to be characters anymore. That one episode felt like a bizarre outliner

It makes me worried immensely about the fate of the next Generation Pokemon
There's no plot progression in that episode... Characterization can happen in plot episodes...

Writers fault... They've been failing in this series...

Status
Not open for further replies.