• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risrhayne

*sigh* Am I the only one getting kinda annoyed with the Shoulder Pet Pokémon in Journeys? Like, I’m kinda happy next week’s episode is about Pinsir because I’m pretty tired of this show being the Pikachu, Grookey and Eevee Show featuring Piplup. I get it, these guys are easier to animate, but…can we just have one episode where these guys don’t need to waste screentime being shown eating the cutesy food, chasing each other or getting involved in the gimmick of the day? I remember how cool it was that Cinderace would just be walking around with Ash and Goh, but now they might as well be renamed “Pyro Ball” because that’s all they show up to do nowadays. What’s Yamper up to these days? How’s Cubone doing? Sirfetch’d doing alright? Maybe these guys wanna be the stars of the next racing episode, cooking episode, obstacle course episode, dress-up episode while the round-headed Plushiemons just…sit out?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
True. The pandemic has certainly not been helping, but they could have done character focus, training, etc. instead of the Diglett episode, the Morpeko stuff, the unnecessary filler (this is far from the worst).
Every series has been heavy on “fillers.” They were just hidden better because of how previous series used pseudo-serialized storytelling to make random regional side-stories appear like they were part of Ash and company’s travels between gym battles and contests/showcases. The more episodic nature of Journeys really makes these stand out more, even though there are probably fewer “filler” episodes overall.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
*sigh* Am I the only one getting kinda annoyed with the Shoulder Pet Pokémon in Journeys? Like, I’m kinda happy next week’s episode is about Pinsir because I’m pretty tired of this show being the Pikachu, Grookey and Eevee Show featuring Piplup. I get it, these guys are easier to animate, but…can we just have one episode where these guys don’t need to waste screentime being shown eating the cutesy food, chasing each other or getting involved in the gimmick of the day? I remember how cool it was that Cinderace would just be walking around with Ash and Goh, but now they might as well be renamed “Pyro Ball” because that’s all they show up to do nowadays. What’s Yamper up to these days? How’s Cubone doing? Sirfetch’d doing alright? Maybe these guys wanna be the stars of the next racing episode, cooking episode, obstacle course episode, dress-up episode while the round-headed Plushiemons just…sit out?
Dude just look at my Avi and tag line

The bigger Pokemon definitely need more attention in outside of Battling

This is why the Almost Pikachu Crisis episode holds so dearly for me despite it's flaws

D

Deleted member 384931

I really understand how you feel. Satoshi almost never uses another pokemon besides Pikachu or Dragonite to fly, Gou uses only Grookey and Cinderace to fight battles it loses anyway and while I can excuse Eevee due being Koharus only owned pokemon, Yamper still deserves love. And CAN THAT MONKEY GET DEVELOPMENT? It is worse for Pokémon like Sirfechted, Dracovish or ANY of Gous pokemon not Raichu or Flygon. Where is that Farlinks Gou caught?

Mythical-Moonlight

Unfortunately, something tells me that you will be severely disappointed. The premiere of the game is in two weeks, and since no alternative final forms have been revealed so far, it must mean that they will not get them.
That literally does not mean anything.

The Final Stage Galarian Starters weren't officially revealed until after SwSh came out

The Hisuian Starters getting Hisuian forms is certainly not off the table

D

Deleted member 384931

That literally does not mean anything.

The Final Stage Galarian Starters weren't officially revealed until after SwSh came out

The Hisuian Starters getting Hisuian forms is certainly not off the table
No, but I dont see Satoshi or Dawn bringing them back just for that tbh.

Mythical-Moonlight

No, but I dont see Satoshi or Dawn bringing them back just for that tbh.
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think Ash's Rowlet will be brought back either. Dawn has her Quilava on hand but I doubt it'll evolve here either

I'm just saying that the Hisuian Starters evolutions not being revealed yet doesn't take away from the possibility of then not having Hisuian Variations.

Heck, the fact that we have yet to see Typholosion, Samurott or Decidueye in ANY of the Trailers or Promotional Art feels like an obvious takeaway that GF is hiding them for some reason.

D

Deleted member 384931

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think Ash's Rowlet will be brought back either. Dawn has her Quilava on hand but I doubt it'll evolve here either

I'm just saying that the Hisuian Starters evolutions not being revealed yet doesn't take away from the possibility of then not having Hisuian Variations.

Heck, the fact that we have yet to see Typholosion, Samurott or Decidueye in ANY of the Trailers or Promotional Art feels like an obvious takeaway that GF is hiding them for some reason.
Oh yeah I agree that they can have new forms I never disagreed with that statement in the first place. It would be difficult to bring back Satoshis Rowlet, Oshawott his or Dawns Quilava

Mythical-Moonlight

Oh yeah I agree that they can have new forms I never disagreed with that statement in the first place. It would be difficult to bring back Satoshis Rowlet, Oshawott his or Dawns Quilava
I disagree with it being difficult to bring them back.

Like I said above, Dawn literally has her Quilava on hand with her. She can call it out at anytime

Ash is currently living in Kanto. He not that far away from Pallet Town, he has easy access to Professor Oak

He can also get in touch with Kukui quite easily

The problem is the writer's not wanting to bring them back

D

Deleted member 384931

I disagree with it being difficult to bring them back.

Like I said above, Dawn literally has her Quilava on hand with her. She can call it out at anytime

Ash is currently living in Kanto. He not that far away from Pallet Town, he has easy access to Professor Oak

He can also get in touch with Kukui quite easily

The problem is the writer's not wanting to bring them back
Why doing effort if you also can be lazy? Should be the writers motto.

D

Deleted member 384931

I understand you...it's something like "why should we do something "great" or nice? when we can simply do nothing and save ourselves the trouble".
YES! It isnt a problem when you dont feel it in the writing of shows, but with Pokémon you FEEL it in the writing sometimes.

Mythical-Moonlight

Let the Bigger mons be showcased more outside of their Pokeballs 2k22!

Let Lucario and Sirfetch'd be sparing buddies like the 2nd OP hinted at

Let Lucario and Cinderace be friendly rivals like the Almost Pikachu Crisis episode set up but never did anything with

Let Dragonite be a Momma to all the other Pokémon

Let Gengar pull pranks around the Lab and annoy every other Pokemon

Let Sirfetch'd be an over protective big brother and protect tge Pokemon from Gengar's pranks

Keep doing what you're doing with Dracovish but just give it more Screentime

Let Inteleon charm and flirt with every female Pokemon he sees withing a 10 mile radius

Let Inteleon and Cinderace ****ing interact ffs

God just let these Pokemon have actual personalities!!!!

They all deserve better than just being regulated to Battle Bots!!!!

D

Deleted member 384931

Let Lucario and Cinderace be friendly rivals like the Almost Pikachu Crisis episode set up but never did anything with

Let Sirfetch'd be an over protective big brother and protect tge Pokemon from Gengar's pranks

Let Inteleon charm and flirt with every female Pokemon he sees withing a 10 mile radius

Sadly, how much I agree with you, I doubt it will change soon. Journeys is the opposite of SM in that regard. SM is about Pokémon being as important in the human world, Journeys is about Pokémon being tools to use when it is handy. Sees Gous use of Pokémon, See Satoshi diference in handling Pokémon in SM and before compared to JN.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Sorry the best you’ll get is Pikachu and Grookey with an occasional Lucario and Cinderace

Status
Not open for further replies.