• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
When Ash plans to send him to Oak's lab and catch an even better Pokemon than this one.
FJDxxx8aMAY4zon

D

Deleted member 384931

my predictions: mew project and chloeharu contest

In March we will possibly have Marnie and I hope that Cilan will return in April, so that Grookey and Teselia Grookey can meet
You forgot the Slowking episode about world peace for February. Wouldnt Cilan meet Mallow meeting Satoshi and Gou make more sense?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Sorry the best you’ll get is Pikachu and Grookey with an occasional Lucario and Cinderace
Sadly, how much I agree with you, I doubt it will change soon. Journeys is the opposite of SM in that regard. SM is about Pokémon being as important in the human world, Journeys is about Pokémon being tools to use when it is handy. Sees Gous use of Pokémon, See Satoshi diference in handling Pokémon in SM and before compared to JN.
That "Almost Pikachu Crisis" episode was one if my favorite episodes and I'll always defend it for portraying Cinderace and freaking LUCARIO as something other than a Battle Bot

And yet it's still not enough

We need more portrayals like that and for the other Pokémon also.

What's worse is that ALL of these Pokemon are hinted at having other layers besides being just battle bots but the show never bothers to explore them

Remember when it was hinted somewhat early on that G. Farfetch'd, was something of a rival to Riolu?
I'm sure Sirfetch'd must have some kind of inferiority complex compared to Lucario. ESPECIALLY after that recent battle with Bea

Dragonite and Dracovish literally are shown to be kind and gentle parents

Gengar is canonically upset that Ash barely ever uses him

Inteleon is hinted to having a flirtatious, womanizing side during its fight with Kecleon and the Spanish guitar music that plays over as soon as it evolves. And maybe has a bit of an Ego if one takes the Kecleon Trainer's "Pure Lady" comment seriously

All of these can make for potentially great episode plots but the writers refuse to acknowledge that potential

D

Deleted member 384931

That "Almost Pikachu Crisis" episode was one if my favorite episodes and I'll always defend it for portraying Cinderace and freaking LUCARIO as something other than a Battle Bot

And yet it's still not enough

We need more portrayals like that and for the other Pokémon also.

What's worse is that ALL of these Pokemon are hinted at having other layers besides being just battle bots but the show never bothers to explore them

Remember when it was hinted somewhat early on that G. Farfetch'd, was something of a rival to Riolu?
I'm sure Sirfetch'd must have some kind of inferiority complex compared to Lucario. ESPECIALLY after that recent battle with Bea

Dragonite and Dracovish literally are shown to be kind and gentle parents

Gengar is canonically upset that Ash barely ever uses him

Inteleon is hinted to having a flirtatious, womanizing side during its fight with Kecleon and the Spanish guitar music that plays over as soon as it evolves. And maybe has a bit of an Ego if one takes the Kecleon Trainer's "Pure Lady" comment seriously

All of these can make for potentially great episode plots but the writers refuse to acknowledge that potential
We will never see it. Only in fanfics lol. Little parts in still cartoony images on the anipoke twitter page.

kickachu

Momentai!
Anybody think Chloe will win the pokemon contest or show case with beginners luck like ash in the pokemon league

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Oh another thing to mention

If they're going to regulate the Big, Fully Evolved Pokemon to being Battle Bots and nothing more, they could AT LEAST give us some decent fight scenes right?

I mean ones that don't involve Lucario, Dragonite or Pikachu

But they can't even do that

Look at Gengar who doesn't have a good win streak

Look at Sirfetch'd who hasn't won a battle since Evolution

Look at Inteleon who learns new moves completely OFFSCREEN

Look at Cinderace in today's episode who was called out but had his scene completely skipped over

Good ARCEUS! They can't even do the bare minimum?!
index.php

Last edited:

nickdt

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the boys end up catching one each. It already happened with Farfetch'd. At least this would give Ash a Psychic/Poison type. I'm not the biggest fan of the line but I don't care for Unolalala either so whatever. At least they are interesting type combos.

And he currently only has Muk and Bulbasaur as his Poison Types, so he needs one

Status
Not open for further replies.