• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
It will not come to an end, as the developers have no reason to go back to the old format.
I knew that Pokémon Journeys will unfortunately continue well into Gen 9 unless The Pokémon Company decides a Reboot...
What are you two even talking about? Is really clear that Journeys will end this or next year.Specially when you see that Ash is so close of battling Leon...

What happens next? We don't know, but that is going to end is sure.

But look at the game developers what they did, they had the balls of changing the whole Pokémon dynamic with Legends and reviews of the games are excellent.

This is really a change of format and not this bulls*** we have been served

DuskAstral

What are you two even talking about? Is really clear that Journeys will end this or next year.Specially when you see that Ash is so close of battling Leon...
Fighting Dande has no effect on the end of the current series. As the name of the series suggests, its main theme is to travel around the regions and learn more about Pokémon, not the World Cup.
What happens next? We don't know, but that is going to end is sure.
I would like to note that in Japan the series is simply called "Pocket Monsters" which clearly suggests that the current series will be permanent. I think if it were to be a temporary series it would be called "Sword & Shield" and it would only cover the Galar region, and it didn't happen that way.

JD

I haven't followed Journeys too closely, but is it true Goh has had Grookey for months and it still has yet to use a move? With the exception of Scorbunny the starters are really being done dirty this time around.

About that Gen 9 Anime speculation... would it mean Goh and Chloe will be booted out this time in Gen 9 Anime if Writers kept using Pokémon Journeys brand for Gen 9 Anime but PM2019 for Japanese Fans out there.
Does it work?

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I do not believe that they will be doing a sequel to the next new generation, just because there is no game from the 9th generation anymore because they haven't created yet and we got the golden age of Sinnoh.

There are several options if they wanted to continue producing after the final duel with Leon:
- Continue journey, but only at Sinnoh region and challenge battle with Elite Four and Cynthia will final battle.
Dawn become again as Ash's companion.
- Continue at Sinnoh region, but challenge battle against only Frontier Brains.
- Continue journeys on islands, just like writers did with Orange and Decolore islands and they doing nothing, just ordinary fillers.
- More episodes focuesed on Goh about catching more pokemon.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I wonder if The Writers will pull up a new islands just like orange islands and decolore Islands for Journeys... Is it a league island just like Orange islands or no League just like decolore Islands?
Hmmm, I'd better come up with a combination. What about the Elite Four islands in the Sinnoh region? Better than just in one place, right?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I haven't followed Journeys too closely, but is it true Goh has had Grookey for months and it still has yet to use a move? With the exception of Scorbunny the starters are really being done dirty this time around.
Even Cinderace hasn't had much focus lately

Reactions: JD

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Since Decolore islands was worse anyway so I'm not too worried about a Elite Four Islands so Does that mean Ash have to challenge Elite Four directly?
If Ash were to travel the islands with E4, he would rather challenge them directly. Just think, he beats Leon and declares himself to be the World Champion and gets an invitation from Cynthia for the E4 challenge.

I'd like to see the right way of why Cynthia should be a lot stronger than Leon without using items in her region.
And not only that, I want to see Ash fight again with Flint and Bertha.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Fighting Dande has no effect on the end of the current series. As the name of the series suggests, its main theme is to travel around the regions and learn more about Pokémon, not the World Cup.

I would like to note that in Japan the series is simply called "Pocket Monsters" which clearly suggests that the current series will be permanent. I think if it were to be a temporary series it would be called "Sword & Shield" and it would only cover the Galar region, and it didn't happen that way.
I actually can't see them keeping Ash around next gen without either doing a hard reboot or turning him into a mentor figure if he defeats Leon.

Master Pikachu 11

I actually can't see them keeping Ash around next gen without either doing a hard reboot or turning him into a mentor figure if he defeats Leon.
They will keep him around because he hasn’t achieved the goal of Pokémon Master and defeating Leon doesn’t make him a Pokémon Master. Until he achieves Pokémon Master, he is not going anywhere regardless of whether people think he should or not. The writers and staff clearly have a plan and they will come up with some other battle things for him to do depending on what the new gen games do.

Even Cinderace hasn't had much focus lately
Last closest thing to a focus episode was 48 I think.

True. It has some sort of ability where it can make flowers bloom as seen in its debut episode, and in episode 94.

Inteleon has not had focus since its evolution episode, but it showed off a move in episode 88 and then used snipe shot on a ball to catch Kingdra underwater.

Reactions: JD

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
And then what do we do with Ash then? He is a character that is build in fighting not exploring. You do not become the best in the world with just walking you know?

We had a movie called Naruto the Last and it was not the last, we had a Digimon adventure series again last year and it ended too.

That the name is "Pocket Monsters" it's just because the suposed "World travel" despite things happening on the 50% on the same city...

Why they did not set in Galar? I don't know maybe they did not see it marketable... or maybe they want to end Ash or I don't know.

Like I said Gamefreak took a big risk and it seems to be working, Pokeani tried and it's failing cause it did not take the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.