• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If gyms do return I hope the female companion does them. Ash doing them again is boring especially since he'll just job at the league again when it matters the most.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
If gyms do return I hope the female companion does them. Ash doing them again is boring especially since he'll just job at the league again when it matters the most.
Maybe if ash doing gym again he could win the whole thing again for a change

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Anyone still want Ash to catch anything before SV?
No

Unless he catches a Gen 9 Pokemon or a Pokemon that will have a new evolution in Gen 9 as a preview or something, it's too late

We've only got about 30 or so episode's left

And there's a LOT of things happening this year, Ash got no time to develop any more Pokemon unless like I said above, it's a Gen 9 Pokemon evolution that he can take with him to the Spain Region like how he took Aipom to the Sinnoh Region

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Satoshi’s PM2019 team was honestly a super disappointing endeavor. Very marketable and popular Pokémon that just maybe got one battle victory big moment a piece. Really sucks. Even if he manages to overcome Shirona (who they hyped a fight against a decade ago) and Dande (World Monarch) it might just not even feel that rewarding or earned. I feel like I barely see or know these Pokemon.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

Anyone still want Ash to catch anything before SV?
No, because he will be just as neglected as the rest of his Pokémon.
Huh, I guess the whole thing about the next season being dubbed "Ultimate Journeys" did mean something lol.
The English name has no meaning here, as the Pokémon come from Japan, not America.
If in their home country the name of the series does not change (there we just have "Pocket Monsters"), it will still be the same series, regardless of the English name.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Personally I wouldn't mind if Ash got the grass kitty because it would be a surprise to the people who would assume that it'll go to the female companion because it looks 'cute'.
Pretty much though it'd be nice if they changed the status quo and actually let the main girl have a fully evolved Pokemon as her main again, like May sort of had and Misty had once AG rolled around.

I don't really count SM since Primarina and Tsareena were tossed away like stale bread once Eevee and Shaymin entered the picture. Besides Lillie was the 'main' one. Piplup stayed as is, Axew evolved after BW ended, Braixen went halfway(Which is fine cause Delphox is ugly lmao), Shiron(I refuse to ever call it the dub name) never evolved at least not yet, and Chloe's Eevee? Fat chance!

If the gym quest is as good as XY’s then I’m happy

Hope they don’t completely stop with returning characters tho, I enjoyed seeing them come back regularly
After the PWC, you have to be as insane as the Joker to think going back to the badge quest is a bad idea.
At least there is a clear narrative there and the battle's aren't lazy one on one so Ash's team usually get a fair go at the Gyms.

Besides winning the Alola League is NOT the same as winning the Kalos or Sinnoh League, Ash didn't get to go on to beat an Elite Four member or the Champion so they haven't run their course just cause 'Ash won'. :rolleyes:
And possibly going back to only captures that promote the current gen for Ash? Yeah... I don't think that's a bad idea. After coming out with two Galar captures, two Kanto captures and one Sinnoh capture it just turned into the 'You never knew what you had until it was gone' sort of scenario, just leave 'old gen' captures to fanfics. I mean that's what Gengar, Dragonite and Lucario essentially were anyways...

I hope they go back to their badges, there were ZERO stakes this entire series. Why do I care about Goh catching things? Why care if Ash loses if he just gets back ranking offscreen? Why care about Project Mew if they're pulling another Serena and just speed running through them without failure? At least with badges you felt invested and wanted to see the outcome, the PWC? Yeah, I don't care! I've seen all of Ash's PWC matches and I don't feel invested at all in the outcome, if he loses so what? I'll just shrug it off

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
In my opinion, most grass-type starters' evolutions are not as good as they were before they evolved.
It seems like the Anime believes that too. At least for the last 5 Generations

Personally, I hope that it remains on all fours this time around.
They are more than likely going to differentiate it from the Litten line as much as possible

So I can see it going either 2 ways

1.) It remains on all 4 fours and acts feral to contrast with Incineroar's Humanoid Traits

2.) It becomes a Humanoid Feminine Grass cat version of Braxien to contrast Incineroar's masculinity
(Given it's personally description, this one seems more likely to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.