• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
There is so much to talk about, I don't even know where to start.
I would like your opinion on first Paul and greninja please as what it can do as there are many possibilities as I think Paul will be in a hyper class last opponent or in the masters eight as for greninja what do you think will he serve as a mentor to lucario

Rune Knight

I would like your opinion on first Paul and greninja please as what it can do as there are many possibilities as I think Paul will be in a hyper class last opponent or in the masters eight as for greninja what do you think will he serve as a mentor to lucario

Paul as the final Hyper Class opponent would be so dope, better yet I would not mind at all if he was a member of the Master's 8. However given the Ash has already "beaten" him, I personally do not see a reason to repeat that in a way that would benefit the story. I would rather Paul return in a way to offer closure to his character, by showing him being more accepting of his pokémon, giving him a new goal like when Gary decided to become a Researcher. I am not sure what vocation would mostly suit Paul other than battling, but I'm sure that there is something, maybe looking into legendary Pokémon which would tie into the presumably upcoming Regi arc that was teased. Or maybe he can succeed Brandon as the next Frontier Brain.

I want Greninja to permanently return as a member of Ash's team. That doesn't require it to be stashed at Oak's lab once Ash is done with this Journey. Since the Gen 6 starters were not present all throughout the Gen 8 games, I could see them being implemented in Gen 9, which would allow further promotion of these pokémon, and if Ash returns in the next saga or if this next saga is meant to continue what was established in Journeys we could see it as a member of Ash's team.

For the most part, I don't want PM2019 to end, there is just so much to cover in such short time and it's just getting good. And I wouldn't like a return to previous establishments in the next series. Rather, I would like the Gen 8 section of the anime to act as what Kanto was to Johto in the OS.

Contrary to a lot of people, I actually like Goh. What did his character and the series wrong in my opinion was all of the filler content, but that can be fixed! There are so many things left to cover and I really don't want this saga to end, or to see these beloved characters go.

nickdt

So.... you want Greninja to actually overshadow Gengar, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish, the three mons craving for battle time as is and even Dragonite hasn't shown up anymore as a battler since Mega Lucario became a thing, since apparently, they cannot afford to have Dragonite to overshadow the Mega either, since Dragonite hasn't even battled in the Ultra Class (Just like Dracovish, who only has one battle under its belt).

If Greninja rejoins the team permanently (Which i doubt based on the opening), then its best for Gengar, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish and to a lesser extent Dragonite to get released, because then they won't get any battles at all.. due to Shillninja, Shillcario and Pikachu.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So.... you want Greninja to actually overshadow Gengar, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish, the three mons craving for battle time as is and even Dragonite hasn't shown up anymore as a battler since Mega Lucario became a thing, since apparently, they cannot afford to have Dragonite to overshadow the Mega either, since Dragonite hasn't even battled in the Ultra Class (Just like Dracovish, who only has one battle under its belt).

If Greninja rejoins the team permanently (Which i doubt based on the opening), then its best for Gengar, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish and to a lesser extent Dragonite to get released, because then they won't get any battles at all.. due to Shillninja, Shillcario and Pikachu.
It probably just shows up in a Kalos related episode, maybe the one/ones with the siblings, Infernape came back and didn't do much either.

nickdt

It probably just shows up in a Kalos related episode, maybe the one/ones with the siblings, Infernape came back and didn't do much either.

Exactly. I can see it show up actually protecting Bonnie and Clemont from something, to show the viewers it might be done cutting down the vines, but its still not done, since its watching over them and Sycamore's lab.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Greninja is most likely just here to be a mentor figure to Lucario

Give me Goh admiring Greninja so Inteleon can get jealous so we can have the Spy vs Ninja rivalry that I've longed for since 2019 :p (joking)

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

I'm just going to go out on a limb and predict something. If Greninja isn't tied to Clemont, Bonnie and Prof. Sycamore. I'd honestly like to see him in battle vs the returning Mewtwo. Ties in 3 different things at once. (The scene from the promotional GOTCHA music video albeit with Serena), Mewtwo's appearance in Kalos in the Unknown Dungeon in the games and the promise that Mewtwo made that they'd battle. Although it's ambiguous because it literally happens every single time with every legendary encounter. Meet/Battle again. I could easily be wrong but that's just my prediction.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Hm. Must be a lot of vines.

In any case, I think Greninja appearing alongside Clemont and Bonnie makes sense since Squishy would presumably still be alongside with it which would allow it to go back to bonding with Bonnie.
My only doubt about that is if it’ll be back in a permanent basis or just for this Kalos visit. Greninja’s release was dumb since the beginning.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My only doubt about that is if it’ll be back in a permanent basis or just for this Kalos visit. Greninja’s release was dumb since the beginning.
Exactly.
"Hey let's hype up this Legendary like it's Arceus himself then release Greninja because it needs 'help'" "That's genius!" :rolleyes:

All of Ash's releases since the OS have been complete and utter garbage, none of them should have happened

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Exactly.
"Hey let's hype up this Legendary like it's Arceus himself then release Greninja because it needs 'help'" "That's genius!" :rolleyes:

All of Ash's releases since the OS have been complete and utter garbage, none of them should have happened
It's a blatant sign that they wanted to make another Kalos game that was scrapped because of the 20th anniversary.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Exactly.

Primeape’s and Pidgeot’s are still completely pointless. For some dumb reason, until BW, they were still considering primeape as Ash’s, even if there wasn’t a single hint about it coming back.

desdar300

That opening smells like the final one.
It really does feel like both of the boys are going to reach their Apex here and go and the Chasers look like they're going to be doing their own thing for a good minute.

Even if we didn't get the announcement of generation 9, you would know that it's right around the corner based on this alone

Status
Not open for further replies.