• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Please stop it. As an Amourshipper, it annoys me to pieces.
I mean, you gotta admit that at least half her character (if not more) literally revolves around Ash, so not meeting up with him already erases like 50% of her personality and the stuff people like her for (i.e. shipping). It's a major flaw with characters who're primarily designed to be love interests.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I mean, you gotta admit that at least half her character (if not more) literally revolves around Ash, so not meeting up with him already erases like 50% of her personality and the stuff people like her for (i.e. shipping). It's a major flaw with characters who're primarily designed to be love interests.
You clearly didnt get her character growth.....
And the fact that a character has several aspects to it, besides a professional goal, doesnt make it a major flow.

Anyway, wonder if Wallace will have an updated team

Decidueye23

I disagree. I dont think thats exclusive to characters who are love interests. Its the same for any characters who have an established primary relationship with a character and do not meet that character. Like what got people so excited about dawn is seeing her reunite with Ash. Or even isty and brock for that matter. Imagine if misty returns only to not meet Ash. It would suck. And i i am not talking like a special episode or something. I am talking anout mainseries episodes.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I liked her more when the part of her character that didn't focus on Ash got focus. The Showcase goal was a poorly written goal however
Imo having her return and interact with Koharu and Goh instead of Ash would make things more interesting.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Imo having her return and interact with Koharu and Goh instead of Ash would make things more interesting.
Interesting? Yes. But that's also playing it WAY too safe.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Bruh if Goh can barley tolerate being around Gary just IMAGINE how he's gonna act when he meets PAUL
Man this would be an awesome interaction... ROFL...

Paul releases a "weak" mon, Goh captures it, Paul laughs and calls Goh pathetic for capturing "weak" mons, Goh gets mad and mention that he captured an Eternatus and a Suicune, Paul challenges Goh to a battle, Goh uses Cinderace/Inteleon, Paul withdraws as he only wants to battle Goh's legends...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Paul releases a "weak" mon, Goh captures it, Paul laughs and calls Goh pathetic for capturing "weak" mons, Goh gets mad and mention that he captured an Eternatus and a Suicune, Paul challenges Goh to a battle, Goh uses Cinderace/Inteleon, Paul withdraws as he only wants to battle Goh's legends...
Paul shouldn't be releasing Pokemon anymore. He can still be a jerk towards humans but it'd be regressing if he still released stuff after DP, he's nice to his Pokemon

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Paul shouldn't be releasing Pokemon anymore. He can still be a jerk towards humans but it'd be regressing if he still released stuff after DP, he's nice to his Pokemon
Paul kept a Weavile on his roster that jobbed in pretty much everything it ever did. He obviously wasn’t that hell-bent on releasing Pokémon that failed him in the first place. He was just really disappointed that he couldn’t bring out Chimchar’s potential and projected that disappointment onto Chimchar itself. As for when he captured and released things like Starly, that was moreso because he was trying to find the best of the species and felt that the others would be best left in the wild. He hadn’t built a bond with them and hadn’t spent any time training them, so they carried on with their lives as though he’d never captured them. That’s how I took it all anyway.

PAndrews

Paul kept a Weavile on his roster that jobbed in pretty much everything it ever did. He obviously wasn’t that hell-bent on releasing Pokémon that failed him in the first place. He was just really disappointed that he couldn’t bring out Chimchar’s potential and projected that disappointment onto Chimchar itself. As for when he captured and released things like Starly, that was moreso because he was trying to find the best of the species and felt that the others would be best left in the wild. He hadn’t built a bond with them and hadn’t spent any time training them, so they carried on with their lives as though he’d never captured them. That’s how I took it all anyway.
Seemed more if he deemed their potential too low he just didn't want to waste the time training them however he also didn't want to just outright abandon them.

In Starly's case we saw him capture several, decide to keep one with Aerial Ace then released it anyway after battling Ash because it lacked potential (though this seemed more to taunt Ash)
After Roark he released Azumarril because he wasn't satisfied with it (he did give it to a kid instead of abandoning it)
When he caught Ursaring he also caught a Stantler he then released
After failing to tap into Chimchars potential multiple times he basically gave up on it and released it (only release not in its original habitat or given to someone else, but this one seemed more personal to him and Ash was right there)

So yeah I agree, it wasn't releasing for the fun of releasing since he did seem to care about their wellbeing by either releasing them back where he got them (Stantler and multiple Starly's) or by giving them to other trainers (like Azumarril). As for Chimchar its possible he intentionally released it in front of Ash knowing that Ash would take it (his pride probably didn't allow him to outright give it to Ash)

He should still be releasing anything he deems low potential (though his standards on what this is should be different after Ash showed him how strong Pokemon he deemed low potential can actually be), but should still be doing it in a way he focusses on their wellbeing when doing so

charinija

Pokemon Master
I don't think we will see the old Paul. Paul realized that his method of pokemon training was wrong. I think he's starting to bond with his pokemon now, though not quite as much as Ash.

Paul was arrogant and condescending to rivals. But he was not stupid. I don't think we will see Paul in DP. A different Paul will come.

But he can underestimate Goh. Besides Ash, there isn't anyone to show much respect to Goh. Someone who throws a pokeball at every pokemon he sees doesn't deserve much respect anyway.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
But he can underestimate Goh. Besides Ash, there isn't anyone to show much respect to Goh. Someone who throws a pokeball at every pokemon he sees doesn't deserve much respect anyway.
Personally, I'd prefer if Paul just treated Goh like a complete non-entity, sorta like with Dawn (i.e. that time he completely forgot what her name was). Another way to do it would be for Goh to excitedly bring his dream up, only for Paul to blandly say 'Oh. Well...good luck.' before walking off.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
I don't think we will see the old Paul. Paul realized that his method of pokemon training was wrong. I think he's starting to bond with his pokemon now, though not quite as much as Ash.

Paul was arrogant and condescending to rivals. But he was not stupid. I don't think we will see Paul in DP. A different Paul will come.

I agree with your point as we will see a different Paul as I would like to see the mutual respect between ash and Paul but yes he would have started to bond with his pokemon well what will be his conversation with goh i would leave it like that as I would like if Paul and ash reignite their rivalry just one more time

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC

This would be golden

D

Deleted member 384931

I know there's some people who want Goh and Paul to interact with each other in some meaningful way, but I honestly just want Ash and Paul to spend time reigniting their rivalry and having a great battle.
The rivalry will NEVER be the same since Ash has beaten Paul. And I dont see how Paul could have a meaningful return and develop Ash or Gou,unlike Gary.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
The rivalry will NEVER be the same since Ash has beaten Paul. And I dont see how Paul could have a meaningful return and develop Ash or Gou,unlike Gary.
I agree, but seeing the results of Paul's (hopefully) more compassionate training would be really fun. Plus, he could still be a great and believable obstacle for Ash. Heck, I'd be all for Ash and his 'team' getting knocked down a peg.

As for Goh...not gonna lie, I honestly hope they don't even spot each other. If they do, I hope it's nothing more than Paul dismissively wishing him good luck with his goal at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.