• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbbidyBob

It won't be surprising if Ash loses to Paul in an unofficial match. There is some frustration in Ash in the trailer. It would be a nice return to the competition with Paul, where he always lost, but at the most important moment he managed to beat him. As for the fight with Rihan, wecan see that at his gym Pikachu is using an Iron Tail, so it remains to count that the fight for master 8 will take place between Ash and Rihan.
Yeah, he is definitely gonna start losing battles in the masters 8, as expected

RybeK.O

Yeah, he is definitely gonna start losing battles in the masters 8, as expected
Maybe not loosing battles, but maybe one fight that brings him down to earth and makes him realize that it's a lot harder in Master 8. As someone stated before, Paul may be an good person to criticize Ash in some moments, such as the one today where he uses Dragon Rush on Mega Alataria...

Risrhayne

At this point, I’ve got super mixed feelings regarding the trailer.

It just….it all feels like this should’ve happened earlier or something. There’s so much about this season that just irks me that perhaps I’m just surprised they actually have an ending because the season feels undercooked.

Like, dang, they’re really wrapping this show up with the vast VAST majority of Galar being represented by the starters?

Am I sad about no Serena? Sure, but I’m also sad that we still have no Kabu, no Melony, no Gordie, no Hatterene, no GMax starters, no Crown Tundra or Isle of Armor, no Bede, no Hop *cue Megamind meme*

We got a literal SECOND of TR in that preview. We saw Yamper more and that dog was thrown under a bus the second Eevee appeared and coincidently will reappear immediately after the Eeveelution World Tour wraps up.

…ya sure we’re almost done with Journeys?

Megapixel

It won't be surprising if Ash loses to Paul in an unofficial match. There is some frustration in Ash in the trailer. It would be a nice return to the competition with Paul, where he always lost, but at the most important moment he managed to beat him. As for the fight with Rihan, wecan see that at his gym Pikachu is using an Iron Tail, so it remains to count that the fight for master 8 will take place between Ash and Rihan.
does that mean flint re-raised? I remember he was number 8

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Paul seemingly got a Garchomp, interesting choice. Def aint Cynthia’s cause the Garchomp shown is male lmao.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It makes sense for Paul to have a Garchomp after his team was destroyed by one back in DP
He wants strong pokémon after all
Too bad he won't be at PWT though, it would be so good... Back to Lake Acuity though?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It makes sense for Paul to have a Garchomp after his team was destroyed by one back in DP
He wants strong pokémon after all
Too bad he won't be at PWT though, it would be so good... Back to Lake Acuity though?
At last, He has a pseudo to match Ash’s :p

MartínK

I keep saying that Dragonite needs a new move to replace Dragon Dance, with Dragon Claw been his only psysical move doesn't make sense to have it and more now that it's his moment to shine.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
The way the writers love and respect Alola, just- I’m here for it♥️

Satoshi’s Champion region and the only region he was so sad to leave.

Crazy how we get so many full team caps of these goats, just need the Ultra Beasts and we’ll be fully-powered.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I wonder where is Ash using his Z-Move
I would like to see someone from Alola in the final Ultra Class fight, I know it's not a competitice region but not an excuse to not have a single pwt fight there
Or at least a Z-Move user, no way these two random kids had one and no PWT participant ever did when it's a very strong power

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I’m honestly going to be disappointed if the Masters Eight is Ash clawing his way up the rank battling everyone along the way. I doubt it will be, and my guess is Raihan’s loss will be his entry ticket, but I really want it to be a tournament arc to see battles beyond just Ash’s team, especially if he’s not using reserves to keep it fresh.

Also Paul having Garchomp is so irritating. This series’ fetish for pseudo-legendaries and Dragons needs to cut itself out, especially when there are other strong choices for Paul that could work. Why not give him Rhyperior or Tangrowth or another Sinnoh fully evolved Pokémon besides the one Cynthia already has?

Status
Not open for further replies.