• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Maybe he could catch phantump this time..
He should just pull the same thing with Gengar and get a Trevenant instead that way he doesn’t have to deal with having to trade it in order to evolve it.
I mean in all honesty there are quite a few gen 1 Pokémon that Ash could catch of course like for instance here are a list of some of them:

Growlithe
Eevee
Rhyhorn
Kangaskhan
Porygon(if it winds up getting unbanned)
Abra
Omanyte
Kabuto
Spearow
Poliwag

Of course some of those moms would probably be caught in their evolved state and some other could wind up getting cross gen evolutions in the future.

Also I don’t expect every single one to get caught but there are options.
Doubt Porygon is getting unbanned anytime soon. Spearow doesn’t really fit the popularity pattern that they have been following and they might as well bring his Pidgeot back if they were going to have him catch a Kanto bird. I thought Aerodactyle is more popular then the other Kanto fossils so I don’t see Kabuto and Omanyte being options

SatoSereFan224888

This is Pokémon not football/American football. In all honesty that post makes it sound like you don’t even watch the anime as you don’t seem to know what type of show it is.
I’m just saying it’s possible an attack could hurt both.

Master Pikachu 11

We are talking about a character that constantly gets electrocuted by Pikachu every series. I highly doubt a kids show is going to go into detail about tearing ligaments in the body. So that a character can’t participate in something. Nothing to that extreme will ever happen in a kids show.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
And I say it’s possible Galeem descends into the Pokémon Universe and induce a hostile takeover.
And I say it’s possible for a satellite to fall out of orbit and crash into OLM and delay the series indefinitely.
And I say it’s possible the sun becomes unstable and swallows Earth before I get to enjoy Kingdom Hearts IV.

SatoSereFan224888

We are talking about a character that constantly gets electrocuted by Pikachu every series. I highly doubt a kids show is going to go into detail about tearing ligaments in the body. So that a character can’t participate in something. Nothing to that extreme will ever happen in a kids show.
Well there has been people bleeding before but nothing like a horror movie. The first was when Misty got cut by a thorn in Wake Up Snorlax. Then Blissey went a little too rough on Ash that left Ash with some nasty scratches on his back.

Master Pikachu 11

Well there has been people bleeding before but nothing like a horror movie. The first was when Misty got cut by a thorn in Wake Up Snorlax. Then Blissey went a little too rough on Ash that left Ash with some nasty scratches on his back.
None of those are serious injuries and go to the detail of ligaments. Again this is a kids show and highly doubt that writers have your mindset in regards to injuries

SatoSereFan224888

But maybe his body starts quitting on him. There’s a difference between someone quitting and a person’s body quitting on them.

Nikinini

Like with Charizard and Infernape?

I think it's quite clear that the only reason Greninja didn't get Oaked initially is the same reason as Charizard. Big, powerful, iconic Pokémon too important to simply go back to Professor Oak. Gotta give it a special vacation away from Ash.

And then Charizard came back and got properly Oaked. He seems to be doing fine there. Infernape goes on a Fire fighting journey while being Oaked, leaving the vicinity to battle Moltres. He seems fine.

Ironically, Charizard had more reason to stay in training at Charicific Valley indefinitely than Greninja. The vines are theoretically finite. Training to be the best is infinite. If Charizard can return, so can Greninja.
Charizard and Infernape didn't promisse to always stay by Ash's side and get stronger together, nor can they sync with him to get a new form based on how close they are. They turned Greninja into "Pikachu 2.0", a mon that can't leave Ash's side due to their bond, but Greninja can't always stay with Ash for various reasons, so they made up something to force them to stay appart in a way that makes sense, since Ash just leaving the mon he's supposed to always be with with Oak makes no sense.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Charizard and Infernape didn't promisse to always stay by Ash's side and get stronger together, nor can they sync with him to get a new form based on how close they are. They turned Greninja into "Pikachu 2.0", a mon that can't leave Ash's side due to their bond, but Greninja can't always stay with Ash for various reasons, so they made up something to force them to stay appart in a way that makes sense, since Ash just leaving the mon he's supposed to always be with with Oak makes no sense.
How does leaving a Pokémon that he’s “always meant to be with” out in the wild, make any more sense than leaving it with Oak? Either way, it’s not with him and honestly at least with Oak, he would be able to call upon it whenever and still make use of that bond.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

Infernape was Pikachu 2.0 given that it was the Pokémon that decided the final blow to Paul plus the fact that Ash is the one who helped it master Blaze. Charizard was Pikachu 2.0 because it was in many ways what Ash's Kanto Starter would have been had he not been late.

Greninja is no different. I'm sure both he and Lucario would enjoy a nice vacation at Oak's while Ash trains a new team.

nickdt

Just to get things back on track, if the enemy does keep the Journey's approach for scarlet and violet.

What older Pokemon would you like to see Ash get his time around

Considering i want him to get older Pokemon from types he didn't get in Journeys
His Alola Squad can be expanded upon. Give him a Mudsdale
Its about time for him getting another pure Normal type, so enter Stoutland

kickachu

Momentai!
so what spoilers you think we'll have in the trailer for the new anime coming this summer

Master Pikachu 11

But maybe his body starts quitting on him. There’s a difference between someone quitting and a person’s body quitting on them.
I don’t know where you come up with these ideas, but as I said this is a kids show, most kids don’t know what an ACL is let alone any other ligaments are called and what they do. No offense, but these posts are starting to sound ridiculous since Ash has been risking his life by jumping off buildings, edges of cliffs, been getting shocked with electric type attacks, getting burnt by fire in the face by flamethrower, getting frozen by ice type moves and everything else that has occurred in this show and previous seasons. If none of those things that I mentioned have kept Ash from competing then nothing else will and also he doesn’t need to separate from Goh and Chloe in order to prepare for the PWCs either.

Status
Not open for further replies.